Saturday, June 4, 2011

Henry's 6 month check-up

Thursday was Henry's 6 month check-up (a couple of weeks late- he turned 6 months on the 22nd), and  I was so excited to see what kind of progress he's made since last time.  Here are his stats:

Weight: 16 pounds, 8 ounces
Height: 27.5 inches

He's in the 50th percentile for both height and weight, although people always comment on how big he looks. I think that may be because he's right in the middle for both so he just overall looks pretty proportionately solid. Either way he's thriving and growing, and doing so well.

We are so proud of our little guy, and today was actually a couple different firsts: his first swim class and his first "food" aka brown rice cereal!  And yes Mom, I'll be posting a video of Henry eating the cereal tomorrow. ;)

As for now, I'm off to go curl up on the couch with Hank, and a huge glass of ice water.  We're still obsessed with Sons of Anarchy and are on Season Two. And in other television related news, just this week I started watching Glee!  I've always admired Emma's outfits from photos, but I just assumed I wouldn't like the show since I'm not much of a musical fan. Silly me, because I LOVE it. It's been my nap-time go-to this past week.

Alright, Hank's giving me the "okay wrap it up look," so I'm signing off for the night- have a great Sunday tomorrow!

6 month checkup

6 month checkup




6 month checkup

6 month checkup

6 month checkup

25 comments:

  1. SUCH a handsome devil. I love following Henry's progress because I have a son almost the exact same age (he'll be six months on the 7th). It's so fun to watch babies grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a cute little boy!! That's crazy that Alyson was bigger than him when she was 6 months. She was 18lbs when she was weighed at 6months lol, she's still around 18lbs (she's 9 months today) but she is 28in. The pediatrician told us she was above average haha. Its so crazy, yet interesting how fast they grow!! I love it!

    Oh Jazmyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy half birthday to henry! i can't believe he's 6 months already. time flies when you're a mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani you seriously have such a good looking baby!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Henry! He's such a handsome little boy! :)

    I love watching SOA too and I'm a Glee fan as well. Although, the first 9 episodes of S1 are TONS better than the rest of the series has been in my opinion. I'm curious to see what you think. PS, if you need another show to pass the time, I def suggest Cougar Town. (Ignore the awful title, it's a hilarious sitcom!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with Sons of Anarchy. So obsessed, that I've dreamed about the show a couple nights. It's horrible, I know. But I blame NetFlix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny people tell you he looks big because they always tell me sonja is small and she is also in the 50/50 range. Lovely photos, love him staring at the doc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww he is so cute! i love his little face in the shot where the doctor (?) is looking at him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 6 months?! That is so crazy!

    P.S. I guess this is the PICU nurse in me, but I am SO glad that you guys are doing swimming lessons with him. Keep it up every summer and you will have a safe swimmer before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Henry is such a cutie pie!

    Did he love the brown rice cereal?

    ReplyDelete
  11. He's so handsome!! And growing perfectly, my 1 year old is pretty much the same weight. She's itty bitty. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. go, henry go! the sweet little thumb sucking//finger curled around the nose thing is almost more than i can bear. sqqqquuueeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's such a sweet boy!!! Brees is a thumb sucker, too:) So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. awww :D i hope his went good. ours was... omg...

    he is so adorable though :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMg! I love his facial expression to the doctor in the second photo...that is priceless!!!! So adorable and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how he's so intently staring at the doctor - such an observant little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. awww bless!! both my kids are shorties, my two year old is on the 0.4th for height and 9th for weight, my seven year old also 0.4th for height and 2nd percentile for weight lol! but then.. i'm only 4ft 10 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw, great pictures! Happy six months, Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is such a cutie. Love his expressions :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. so adorable! congrats on that happy little baby boy growing so healthily! aaaand, congrats on starting GLEE!!! i had the same skepticism in the beginning...but I'm hooked too;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable little face! I just wanna pinch his cheeks lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. way to go Henry! he's growing up SO fast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww he's getting so big! I just had to comment because at Roweyn's 15mo check up where she was actually 16mo she weighed the exact same as Henry. 16.8. And yes you heard me right, haha 16mo she weighs the same as a 6mo old. She is TEENY! When she was his age all the other babies weighed around what he did, but she was only like maybe 12lbs....it was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the way he's looking at the doctor with the little light thing. So inquisitive! Very handsome boy.

    Kacie
    www.acollectionofpassions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips