Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend was nothing short of wonderful. I'm a big fan of birthdays, and I've never been to type to get bummed out at the start of another year. I actually really enjoy getting older, weird, I know. I don't know if I'll always feel that way, but for now I just really feel like life only gets better with every year that goes by. I always wonder what great things the next year will hold. So, as I turned 29 this weekend I was more than happy to usher in the last year of my twenties.

Hank, Henry, Madeline and I spent the weekend down in Mesa at my parents', and had the best time. Friday evening my best friends surprised me with a little dinner party and I drifted off to sleep that night with a full belly and a happy heart. Saturday morning my Mom and I had a great workout, then came home and we all went out to Chandler Fashion Center to shop. I ended up meeting the most adorable reader (hi Sarah!) and she totally made my day. While there Hank also got part one of his birthday present from me, an iPad!  He was so happy and surprised, and it was great to walk into the Apple store and let him know he could go ahead and pick one out. For months I'd been discouraging him from buying one, so he really had no idea. He was beyond happy and jumped around like a little kid. So awesome. Afterward we all went to Green for lunch. The rest of the day was spent relaxing until we headed out to North Scottsdale for Nate's 30th birthday bash at Greasewood Flats. We listened to country music, played horseshoes, and had such a great, low-key night.

Sunday was my actual birthday and it was kind of a dream day for me. To summarize without going into too much detail, it included sleeping in, working out, eating ice cream cake, a trip to Target, swimming and taking lots of photos at the park! My sister also gave us an amazing gift...tickets to see Britney Spears and Nicki Minaj with her. Believe it or not Hank really and truly loves pop music and especially Britney. Yup. So feel free to make fun of him when you see him!

I just feel so thankful for the past few days.  I have a feeling this year is going to be amazing, and I'm excited to see what it has in store for me. This past year has been filled with a lot of personal growth...and is it weird to say that I'm proud of myself? 'Cause I am. I hope I'm just as proud of my 29-year old self at the end of this year.

Here are some photos from the weekend:


birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

birthday weekend

44 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful weekend!! Nothing better than celebrating your special day with the ones you love. And I must tell you, I completely understand what you mean about enjoying getting older! It really does get better and better as you learn more about yourself and your heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You make getting older look fun!
    and you should totally be proud of yourself... I don't think people say that enough about themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your feelings on aging are inspiring...so much healthier than the sheer panic I experience as each year passes. ; )

    And, I've never noticed that Hank has a "Danielle" tat-that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. god, he just gets cuter and cuter! you are always inspirational. happy birthday, danielle!!!

    xox, eden
    edenmarie44.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your. Husband. Has. Your. Name. On. His. Chest. SO. AWESOME.

    www.mintypeaches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Getting older is good in my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 29th birthday! I hope you have fun at the concert! What a cool present. Those are some adorable pictures of you and your family, I love the one of you and hank holding hands from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aw my birthday is in june too, you are so stinkin pretty! seriously wish we could be real life friends, you are a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys are seriously such a photogenic little family! Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what great pictures! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It seems that everyone's birthday fell over the weekend!

    your son is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful weekend. you and your family are precious and gorgeous. happy memorial day/birthday weekend!

    <3

    ~Andrea @ http://hecallsmewifey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHAT I'm so jealous you get to see Britney & Nicki Minaj! But at least I can live vicariously through you when you post about it on your blog :)

    I'm glad you had such a fun birthday, love; you deserve it <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much fun! Happy birthday(s) and Happy Memorial Day and Happy whatever is next for you guys ;)

    Love your dress in those pictures. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Danielle (and Hank)! I secretly love getting older too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy late birthday(s)! How is it possible that Henry keeps getting cuter and cuter?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...crazy freaking adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your family is ADORABLE... ohmygoodness.

    And, uh... who's the guy in the purple shirt towards the bottom of your pictures? MeOW. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love your tattoos. you're so gorgeous danielle...

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. happy birthday and a fabulous year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your family is cute as a button! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww that just looks precious. Glad you had such a wonderful, happy, sunny, love-filled weekend for your birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. everything sounds perfect! i'm so jealous of you going to that concert, i'm such a big fan of Nicki Minaj (although I normally don't listen to that type of music) haha. it's so funny that Hank is fan of Britney! also, you two look so cute holding Henry with all your tattoos, something about these photos are really sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. May I just say that it's adorable that Hank likes Britney Spears! And I am so happy you got the Verdant Slip Dress from Anthro (I remember when you did that little pole). Looking lovely as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birthday, lady! I'm loving Henry's serious face. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday to you both
    Glad to hear you had a fab weekend
    Lisa in NZ

    ReplyDelete
  26. This pictures are incredible. You have such a darling little family. I love seeing the happiness. I'm glad you had such a charming birthday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are without a doubt the most adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I used to be bummed about getting older...until I compared my license photo from 5 years ago with my current photo:) Aging is definitely an improvement for me!

    ReplyDelete
  29. awww you have such a beautiful family Danielle!
    I really like your husband's Wu Tang/cupcake shirt...haha it's awesome

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your family makes me smile SO MUCH! My heart is so full looking at these precious photos... lovelovelove to you guys. <3 MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your son is SO CUTE!!! and your hair is gorgeous, too.

    diamonddiaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Henry is getting so big! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That 3rd picture is just...epically cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your weekend sounds fabulous.
    Glad you had a wonderful birthday
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy Birthday darling D! x

    ReplyDelete
  36. ugh. such adorable pictures.
    and what a wonderful weekend! happy happy birthday, lover!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looks and sounds like you guys had an amazing weekend! Thank God someone actually has some positive feelings towards getting older.. I always hear these people all bummed out and claiming they're knocking on death's door just from simply turning 22. haha!(:

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your photos are always so lovely. Happy birthday.

    Kacie
    www.acollectionofpassions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. You are all adorable!!!! HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!! <3 <3 Hope this year is your best one yet!

    Also, Hank's "Danielle" tattoo is pretty much heart-melting. Hahaha my bf unfortunately has his old girlfriend's name tattooed on him...but that's getting covered someday!

    BEST WISHES MADAM! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your baby is impossibly cute!

    ReplyDelete
  41. oh my gosh you have the cutest family! especially your little one, awwwwww :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh man...is that dress from Anthropologie??? It's been on my WANT list since I first saw it...soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips