Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thankful.

photo 1

Today I am thankful for:


my best friend Sarah. She brightens my day every single day. When someone knows you- really knows you, all the good and all the bad...and accepts you just the way you are, that's such a rare, amazing thing. We've been through so much together and it's neat that we've been side by side through so many stages and changes in our lives. I wish all of you could spend time with her so you could also know what beautiful spirit and huge heart she has. I guarantee she'd make you smile!


our new BOB jogging stroller. Henry and I have been going on early morning runs every since we got this amazing thing from Hank's Dad and Step-Mom.  I never thought I could love a baby product so much, but after using our severely lacking Graco stroller, the BOB is such a great change. It rides so well and Henry is so much more comfortable. Our Graco was so finicky about closing properly (most of my friends and family can attest to this), and now that we don't need it anymore I sincerely want to take it out back and go all Office Space on it. Ever see that movie? The printer scene? That's what I'm talking about!  But really, I love the BOB. We got the 2011 Revolution with the big wheels if anyone's curious.


Salads. Oh goodness. I cannot get enough of salads lately!  My current favorite: spring greens, sliced raw almonds, dried cranberries and balsamic. I just put it all in a tupperware container and shake it up. It's out of this world.

My Mom. I think I only truly realized what an amazing mother I have once I became one myself. I've always appreciated her, but this just takes it to a whole new level. So thankful for this wonderful woman.

jump mom!

Bachelorette Nights. Adie and I usually spend Mondays watching the Bachelor (or this season, The Bachelorette) and it's always such a fun time. We snack, we girl talk, we turn a two-hour show into a five-hour extravaganza.  Last night we had the show on pause for a good 3 hours while we talked and talked, and then around 10pm we should get serious and actually watch the episode.  And speaking of, if you're a Bachelorette fan, I am loving the recap on Hello Giggles this week! 

Lazy weekend afternoons and evenings with Hank and Henry.  Nothing is better than strolling around downtown with my boys, and our summers here are just beautiful.  I always look forward to the Bluegrass Festival and the Summer Concert Series. To me, there's nothing better than listening to live music on a blanket in the grass.

May Day picnic

Rita's Italian Ice. Okay. Now, we definitely (and unfortunately) don't have one of these in Arizona, but in my native New Jersey there are quite a few. Just the promise of a cherry gelati is getting me through my days. We'll be on the East Coast next month and you can bet your bottom dollar I will be enjoying a Rita's every day we're near one.

rita's gelatis

And finally...this dude. For such obvious reasons. (thanks to Diana for the awesome bib!)

photo 5

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I'll be back later today with a fabulous giveaway from a very talented artist!

45 comments:

  1. Psst guess what? I'm thankful for your friendship <3

    ps; I watched The Bachelorette last night & that Bentley guy made me wanna puke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, awesome, funny post. No Sarah did not just blow water in her face!?! LOL. I love yoru momma too....the pic alone gives me a peek into how fabulous she really is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, now I really want a gelati. I hope they still have the Swedish Fish flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look gorgeous in that first photo, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Does anyone ever tell you that you look like Maggie Gyllenhaal?

    Im having a giveaway on my blog for a cute monogram french damask necklece... http://cassylately.blogspot.com/2011/06/monday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Rita's! We have about 10 of them here and I don't have it nearly enough! Thanks for reminding me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet post. Love taking the time to appreciate it all!

    Kacie
    www.acollectionofpassions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww its defintiely a good reminder to be thankful because as soon as we start naming stuff, it makes us realzie how much we have and how tiny our complaints are:):):)

    I worked at a Rita's all through high school and it was an awesome job (one of my all time favs!) and we got to eat whatever we wanted:):) Now that i'm a vegan theres no custard for me but atleast the cream ices are diary free!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Bentley guy is a nut!!! Love that show to pieces in all its cheesy glory. I need a new jog stroller desperately, thanks for the tip. I adore Henry and his thumb sucking, Brees wraps her fingers just like that and they are so precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think everyone feels the way you do about your mom. You never really know what they sacrificed until you have to do it yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww this is so sweet. the blogging community is thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know we've chatted about this before but I just love that you are so true to yourself. I've been your friend and reader for quite a few years now and what always amazes me is this. You don't do things on your blog for a connection, or a shout out, or one up-ing someone, etc. You've earned all your creds. naturally and organically and you are genuinely appreciative everytime something falls in your lap. You are such a strong, supportive friend to me. Thank you for just being you...3600 readers later :))) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  13. The BOB is the stroller I knew I wanted before I got pregnant! We live an active lifestyle and knew the regular strollers would just not work for us so we plan on getting just the bob :) can wait to try it out! I've heard amazing things about it and I'm sure you will love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That photo of Henry is seriously THE cutest! Holy cow! He's just darling, Danielle! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautifully-written post...so glad to read such positive, uplifting messages! You're a huge inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laughing in my head @ the visual of you going Office Space on your Graco. HaHA! Love it. And my current pregnancy food obsession is salads. Nothing fancy just greens and some veggies. What kinda sling is that in the 1st pic?

    ReplyDelete
  17. mmm i could totally go for some ritas right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My favorite salad is similar to yours, except I use walnuts and also add just a tiny bit of gorgonzola cheese. It's absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the idea of your going all office space on your stroller!

    x.

    ReplyDelete
  20. YES, THERE IS RITA'S IN ARIZONA!
    One just opened up around the corner from me here in Glendale and there's one in Phoenix, too! Check the website!

    ReplyDelete
  21. his hands are soo cute.
    xo from germany

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Alyssa OH MY GOD. YOU JUST MADE MY WHOLE LIFE SO MUCH BETTER.

    Yes, all caps because I am indeed yelling. ;) eeeeee!

    Thank you thank you <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. That bib is out-of-this-world cute. Blogging friends are so sweet. :)

    I love that you take the time to write down what you are grateful for - such a healthy practice.

    I'm stinking excited to watch last night's Bachelorette after reading everyone's tweets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such an adorable post and filled with so many awesome things to be thankful for. :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your little guy is such a cutie!
    Not sure if this is the same Rita's Ice you are talkingin about but we've been to one on 82nd Ave and Union Hills (not far from loop 101 exit).
    Here's a link to their site:
    http://www.ritasfranchises.com/stores/store.cfm/Arrowhead%20-85308/store/2909

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is such an awesome, honest, and sweet post. i love that photo of henry! he's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a bachelor/bachelorette fan too....if you haven't checked out the recap from ihategreenbeans.com you definitely should! She is hilarious! I love reading your blog and your little guy is sooo adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. You lucky thing you!!! YOU HAVE A BOB!!!! I've been wanting a BOB way before my son was even born! He is 2 1/2 and I still don't have my BOB!! Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. you just described my favorite salad! i'm gonna stock up on those items in this week's grocery trip!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Rita's is one of the best parts of summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've never had a gelati, but I really want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I've been eating salads non-stop the last few months! They're so refreshing and yummy and I feel so good after I eat them. One of my favourite meals, hands down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. such a cute post! i love ritas ice cream and the bachelorette too!
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  34. whaaaaaaaaaaaats happening?

    Love that movie - so so funny.

    So many wonderful things to be thankful for :) Its always good to remind yourself , Im doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just have to say that salad sounds simple and delicious and I have to try it, and your mom is adorable -- that picture is so much fun! Also, Bachelorette Nights rock my world too and I had forgotten all about Rita's!! You sure brought up a lot of great things to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Glad I could help...and make your whole life so much better! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  37. You and your lil family are ridiculous amounts of adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Loved reading this post :) The post about bachelorette night made me smile. Me and my girlfriends are the same way. We try to spend on night a week watching our favorite DVRd shows aka girly chatting. :) I am actually heading out to meet up with two of the girls tonight to watch a movie.

    Oh, and I am doing okay so far with my goals this week! I hope you are as well! Goodbye clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  39. That Rita's looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  40. That Rita's looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sure it was a wonderful weekend!, I'm happy for you!, your outfit is georgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  42. wow, u r fantastic and what a nice family.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips