Sunday, July 3, 2011

4th of July Parade!

Yesterday was our annual 4th of July Parade, and it was the best time. Red, white and blue everywhere, banners, streamers, American flags waving in the wind- hot dogs and cupcakes, lemonade and sandwiches. My family comes up every year to soak up some of our small-town goodness, and this year was extra special because Amber Joy's family spent the day with us too. I love love love when Amber is home, and it always makes me a little sad even when we're having fun, because I really wish she still lived here! A girl can dream, right? But really, I can't get enough of days like today, and having a little one around makes times like this much more special. This was Henry's first parade, and surprisingly the loud noises only made him laugh. My family took turns holding him, and he eventually took a nap in my Mom's arms, right in the middle of the celebration. It was a great day.


4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011



4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011



4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011



4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

4th of July Parade, 2011

22 comments:

  1. Your brother-in-law always has a smirk on his face when he is holding Henry! lol! I used to have that face all the time BEFORE I had children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute! I have same stripy dress that Amber wore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this in Arizona?! It looks So cute! Where is it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, I swear you live in the most adorable town ever. I just love it and you make the atmosphere sound so amazing + cheery! Looks like you guys had a fun time. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. The day looked perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never realized how blonde Henry's hair is until I saw these photos! I always thought it looked brown. But these photos remind me of 4th of July in my town. Small and sweet :) I love small towns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Henry is such a doll! It looks like an amazing day.

    I love that wrap. Does Henry not get overly hot in it? I have a Maya wrap and the material is too heavy for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear you live in the most adorable town ever. I just love it and you make the atmosphere sound so amazing !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suuuch beautiful pictures! xx

    http://www.thelondoner.me/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had an amazing time with your family! Love the photos!
    Have a lovely day!
    And happy 4th of july! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. so perfect! i love love love the flag printed fans. swoon.
    p.s. your yellow shirt just went on my list of must haves.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love local events like this!! Looks like a great time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay finally got to see Hank smile with some teeth! :)Looks like a fun day out! Such a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't been to a parade in a long time. Looks like you guys had fun! And I totally love that baby-wearing picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeah!! so glad you had fun on one of our fave holidays :)) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Don't you just love the Fourth of July? Looks like you guys had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks so festive! I really dig that yellow, peter-pan collar shirt you're sporting...too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh man.... Henry is SO freakin' adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. BAWWWW! The photo of Hank & Henry!
    Also, Amber is totally beautiful! You have such lovely friends and family :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips