Thursday, July 28, 2011

Guest Post: Kristine of Kristine or Polly

Hello Sometimes Sweet readers! My name is Kristine and I run a personal style blog called Kristine or Polly.

IMG_9335

Mostly, my blog is about my personal style, but today, I'd like to share with you a bit about where I live!

Tour1

My husband and I moved from America to Japan in April to teach English. It has been such an eye opening experience for us both, and we absolutely love it! Here are a few of my favorite things about living in Japan:

IMG_7401


1. The history.
Living in a place with such rich history is absolutely incredible. I grew up in a place where it seems nothing is older than thirty years, so it's such a treat to be able to visit places that have been long-standing for hundreds of years!




IMG_5854

2. The architecture 
I love seeing how differently the houses and buildings are designed here. There is also a very interesting juxtaposition of traditional Japan and modern Japan, which I love. 


IMG_8809
IMG_8869
IMG_6803

3. The food.
Japanese food is delicious, and best of all, it's generally healthy! Most of the staple meals here are very light and very well-balanced. Japanese people are known to have high quality standards, so they always use fresh ingredients. 



IMG_5626
IMG_7674
IMG_5627
IMG_9263

4. The beauty in every day.
Coming from Arizona, it's just so wonderful to wake up in a place that is so green and lush. Walking outside of my neighborhood, there are such amazing mountains and fields to gawk at. Sometimes, it really feels like I live in a movie or a completely different world. I hope I never become numb to the beauty that Japan offers!

If you'd like to read more about me and my personal style, come on over to Kristine or Polly! Thanks Danielle for letting me guest post today! 

13 comments:

  1. This is such a unique guest post. I am now a follower of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Japan! Great guest post. Checking out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this! Awesome guest post :) Going to check out your blog now.

    Our Growing Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've always wanted to travel to japan...this just makes me want to more! great guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been interested in Japan. One day I definitely want to travel there.

    Xo Chloe.
    http://lazyexplorers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am speechless!
    Japan is so beautiful!
    It is seriously my dream place to visit. Its amazing how you went over there to teach. I admire both of you. Please let me visit. hehe.

    xo


    PS: all that fresh sushi totally made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful guest post! I love all of your photos they are beautiful! I am on my way to check out your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the sneak peak at your unique life. Loved this post.

    Kacie
    http://www.acollectionofpassions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING guest post!!! Definitely heading over to her blog!! Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. i lived in japan for a summer (5 years ago!) and loved it so much. i cannot wait until i can go back!

    -jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't Japan great? :) My family also lives here / there - not on mainland, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. gosh... i'm really jealous. because i enjoy her blog and now i love reading this entry because it's about FAMOUS JAPAN {: the place where she's living at is GORGEOUS. but then again, i think japan is gorgeous in general.

    -robots in trouble

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips