Monday, August 29, 2011

3 Beauty Products I'm Loving!


I don't wear a lot of makeup (at all), but when I get dolled up to go out on a date with Hank, or out on the town with my girlfriends, I absolutely love getting fancy. My everyday look is simple though- foundation, mascara and blush/highlighter. So that's why I love the products below- they can be used for day or night, and really make a whole world of difference.




1. Trish McEvoy's Eyelash Curler

This is hands down the best eyelash curler I have ever used!  I've been Shu Uemura curler fanatic for years, but recently while shopping at Nordstrom the sales girl persuaded me to try the Trish McEvoy curler, extolling its virtues for a good five minutes. I was hesitant, but I decided to just try it anyway and I am so, so happy I did. I have naturally long lashes so in order for my eyes to look as wide as they can be, I need a little curl. This curler is amazing. It curls 10x better than any others I've tried and I highly recommend it.



2. MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle

I've turned on so many of my friends to this stuff because it's truly amazing. I use it on my cheekbones (above my blush), on the bridge of my nose, and anywhere else I'd like a little extra prettiness. It adds a fresh, dewy look without being overly sparkly and gives you a healthy glow. If you've never used a highlighter you don't know what you're missing! I suggest heading to your nearest MAC counter and asking one of the makeup artists to try some out on you.



3. Nyx's Felt Tip Eyeliner

Hello, $5 eyeliner! What could be better? I had always used MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack, but I received this eyeliner for free with purchase at CVS or Target some time ago and haven't looked back. It looks and feels kind of like a sharpie, and like a sharpie it stays put!  It's extremely easy to apply, and the felt tip makes achieving a cute cat eye a cinch! I'm a huge fan, and you really can't beat the price. Definitely worth a try!

Let me know if you decide to get any of my picks, and be sure to tell me what you think. Enjoy, and happy makeup-ing!

*photo above from the morning of my sister's wedding & our friend Nikki's makeup!

29 comments:

  1. I love MAC's Mineralize Skin Finish. I don't wear make-up much, but I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the NYX felt-tip eyeliner! I've just been using the $1 Elf eyelash curler, but I might have to check out the one you mentioned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I think I need to look for that highlighter! I love using highlighter and lost mine when our family moved last, a few months ago. I've been using a bit of white, shimmer eye shadow as highlighter (is that bad?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have never used NYX, but i have used a felt tip eyeliner before, and i LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice! i love it! :)


    http://lovesimplegreen.blogspot.com/
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that MAC skin finish and it's the bestest!!

    I'm definitely gonna have to try the eyeliner.

    Thanks lady :)

    Katiediditt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice recommendations! I don't put my thought into my makeup at all sadly, so I enjoy these :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Felt tip liner? I'm definitely going to have to get hold of that. Eyelash curlers... feels like I'm surgically removing my eyelashes (or eyes), I've never gotten the hang of them

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard so many things about that mineralize skin finish! I NEED it now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For a girl who doesn't wear a lot of make-up, you certainly have a lot of products in that photo! lol Thanks for sharing your favorites here. Going to give the Mac highlighter a try. I love mineral make-up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. weird iv never seen NYX in a CVS. They only have NYX at the mall, beauty supplies, or ulta here in CA =(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been dying to find an eyeliner solution! Definitely trying the felt tip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. all great products!!
    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so not a makeup girl, so I love hearing your product suggestions. I'm definitely gonna try them out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard about that highlighter from a few people and you glow in every picture you take, so I think I'll have to try it out! Thanks for posting this- I am such a make-up/beauty product geek.
    :)

    Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm totally down to try the NYX eyeliner. I'm always looking for a cheaper alternative to the more high end liners. I use the Lancome liner religiously, it's the only liner I've used that doesn't get smudged into the creases after a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so rubbish at using eyeliner! but I love MAC :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trying the skin finish and liner ASAP!<3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've recently fallen in love with my Tarte eyelash curler. Before, I was completely unaware of how amazing and bright a little curl could make your eyes without any eye make-up. Now, that I'm turned on to the curler craze I'd love to try out your pick! Also, I've really been wanting to try some highlighter. I haven't made it to Sephora recently, but when I stop in I'll be sure to pick some up! Thanks for all these fun finds! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I liked all these beauty products.I dont wear makeup too much but i love to buy the beauty products.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The NYX eyeliner looks great, I wish the brand were easier to get hold of in the UK. I couldn't live without my eyelash curlers either. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been wanting to try the eyeliner. Now I need to get me one. :)

    I'm a new follower. I found you through The Wildflower Blog.

    Salena
    salenalee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm surprised by your choice of eyeliner.. I would of never thought!
    Can't wait to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I <3 felt tip liquid liner! I'll never go back to the kind you have to "paint" on. Thanks for the suggestions!

    Kasey
    goodmorningdove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooh, mac here i come! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. i also love the plain kohl eyeliner by nyx. it's great for every day wear, as i'm not always in the mood for liquid liner. i have also found a lipstick that i love by a brand called milani, they sell it at cvs in california. and i swear by sally hansen instadry nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don't write a comment, but after browsing some of the comments on this page "3 Beauty Products I'm Loving!
    ". I actually do have 2 questions for you if it's okay. Could it be only me or does it appear like some of the remarks look as if they are written by brain dead folks? :-P And, if you are writing at additional places, I would like to follow everything new you have to post. Would you make a list of the complete urls of your social community sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

    Feel free to surf to my web site; Rapid Weight Loss Tips

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great article, totally what I needed.

    My webpage: kin cream

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips