Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday links to love!

DSC_0361 edit
{us, at a wedding while on vacation. I'm still editing photos, but I'll share next week!}

Hello, happy Friday! Today is a special/sad/exciting day for me because this afternoon I fly out to California for a girl's weekend! One of my dear friends Shirley is getting married in a couple of months so this weekend is her bachelorette party extravaganza. I'm gearing up for good food, drinks, beach and pool time, and tons of catching up with my college girlfriends. The sad part though? Leaving my baby for the first time. I know he'll be in great hands- Hank is such a wonderful Dad- but I'm just sad thinking about not seeing him first thing in the morning, not having all of my Henry cuddles throughout the day, no bathtime, no storytime, you get the point. Granted, it's only until Sunday but it seems like a long time to me. In preparation I've been pumping like crazy and our freezer is chock full of milk ready to go. So wish me luck (and Hank too)!

In the meantime, here are some links to enjoy:

I am loving these pennants! Henry needs one for sure.

"Things That Kill People More Than Sharks." Whoa.

Clickety-click to read about at-home, DIY beauty products.

Like cute things to make your photos pretty? How about free, cute things to make your photos pretty? Love these. Thanks Vanessa!

This song.

If you have daughter I think she may just need one of these for her hair. Too cute.

I will always share links about old circus photos. It's kind of a rule. However, circuses in general make me sad.

This post is just plain inspiring to me. So visually pleasing.

A quote on a clock that makes so much sense!

"Hey, that's a nice 'teenage lobotomy pendant necklace.'" Did the name draw you in already? So neat.

You may already know one of my fave blogging pals (and daddy blogger extraordinaire) Don. But did you know he had a shop? Adorable onesies, tees, and art.

Oh, Tracy. Every week I feel like I share a recipe of hers, I can't get enough. And how good do these cream cheese cinnamon rolls look? (you had me at cream cheese!)

There are still a few weeks of summer left! It's not too late to make an ice cream terrine, and impress all your friends. I promise I won't tell them how easy it is.

Pregnancy superfoods by my fave fitness blogger!

I love Seesaw. I love Jason Wu. I love this post.

H&M's video for their kid's fall line is all sorts of adorable.

And here are a couple blogs I'm extra-loving this week: one (always) and two (love me some Lola Birdie).

Happy weekend!


  1. I'm glad you bought that dress! It looks great on you! :)

  2. Have a great weekend baby gurl ! Enjoy some me time you have earned it

  3. Hippos?! That made me giggle. I never thought they would be such mass murderers!

  4. Great links, as always. I'm shocked that hippos kill so many people, I've always thought of them as quite lazy animals!

  5. Woah, hippos!

  6. I adore that dress on you! Your family is so cute!
    Have so much fun on your trip!

  7. i'm actually surprised that tornadoes only kill 60 people a year. i live in the south, and it seems like it should be higher than that.

  8. Oh how I could use a girls weekend! Thanks for sharing all the fun links :)

  9. Henry's shoes!!!!!! Adorable! Thanks for sharing my bobbies. Have fun on your girl's weekend.

  10. Great links - I LOVE the H&M video!

  11. have a great weekend!

    i'm going to check out a bunch of these links! thanks.

  12. have fun in California! You'll be back with your little one befoore you know it.

  13. Have a blast on your trip :) And I always love your links! I love pencil box too, one of my new faves :)

  14. I guess that post made me less scared of sharks...but man, those hippos ;)

    LOVE your dress! Where is it from?

  15. Sweetness! I wish we could share a whole tray of Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls together. One day!! Happy Friday, Mama! xoxox

  16. Love your links.. Esp. Don's I already have sent him an email about designing my blog.. what a cute daddy!! Awesome Post.

  17. Have a great weekend! I just found your blog and I am enjoying catching up!

  18. i'm so in love with your blog!!!So great!!
    the posts about tattooed girls are so cute, tattoos are pretty important in my life from ten years...
    you're pretty mazing with that dress!!
    have a great day

  19. Oh thank you for the pregnancy superfood link! I have been trying to eat good but it is good yo have a little reminder on each food especially the dark chocolate :)

  20. pls tell me where u got this lil blk dress and the wht lace one from ur weekend in cali post! i love them!!

  21. wow that link about things that kill people more often than sharks was an awesome read! thanks


Blogging tips