Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm back: An update & our vacation via Instagram! (super image-heavy)

Hiii, I'm back! Did you miss me? ;) I have to admit that it was so incredibly nice to take a full three weeks off from blogging, and I need to send a huge thank you out one more time to all of my fabulous guest posters. I really appreciate all of them, and I also appreciate all of you who made them feel right at home.

I took a million photos over the past few weeks, and sorting through them will take a bit, so I thought I would quickly post an overview of our East Coast vacation via Instagram!  As much as I loved bringing our Nikon out and about, there's something about these quick little snapshots that make me smile. I'm definitely going to be utilizing Blurb's Instagram book option to make a fun keepsake from our trip.

Overall it was a great time, and I have so many things I'm looking forward to sharing! From what I learned flying and traveling with an 8 month old to my new favorite beauty product discovered on this trip, I feel like I have a huge list of upcoming posts. I'm feeling really inspired, which I'm thankful for, because to be honest I actually really loved being free of all things computer on my trip, and I was curious how I would feel when I got home. I enjoyed not blogging so much that I was actually thinking I wouldn't want to do it in the same capacity when I got home. But now that I'm here, typing away in this little box, any thoughts of being disinterested in this space has totally gone away. I'm beyond happy to be here sharing my words and day to day, and if I learned anything not blogging, it's that I need to continue to keep this blog true to me. What that means is less of the things I don't really enjoy and more of what I do. Having this space enhance my life rather than play too large of a role. Exactly what I've been thinking anyway, but I was only reminded of it during my break. Awesome.

And to give you some quick background on our trip, my parents, sister, Henry and I flew into Boston where we spent a short time (Salem, Rockport, etc.), then headed up to our family's house on Lake Champlain. From there we picked up my brother in law Abe and Hank, and headed to the Jersey Shore for beach time, then up north for a family wedding. It was a whirlwind, but so much fun and went by far too quickly.  So with that said, here is our vacation via Instagram!  Actual photos from my camera to follow in the next week or so, and I'll be breaking them up so the posts aren't as image-heavy as this one! ;)

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

East Coast Trip 2011 Instagram

45 comments:

  1. Oh man, looks like you had such a great time! I hope you get the Instagram book, your pictures are great & tell such a story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! How cute!! And I love Henry's dinosuit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun, little Henry is just as cute as a button!

    Zoe x
    http://blessedbeeapothecary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. your little guy is so cute. i love that little shark outfit.

    love, little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad you're back!

    Henry looks so thrilled to be on a plane! How did he do with flying?

    breatheandhush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you're back and enjoyed your holidays. I love the pictures and I'm waiting for the following posts. Good you didn't ditch the blog - after all you and your posts are the reasons I'm following this blog. Greetings from your Polish reader located in Durham, UK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im so happy you decided to stick around. I really enjoy reading your blog!
    Your trip looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMM Black & white cookies are the best.

    I'm glad that you're back and that you had a fantastic time! Henry is as adorable as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had an amazing holidays! I love instagram too:) looking forward to your other posts. Ps. I love your blog. And that you're so genuine. It's very rare in this commercialized blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little Henry has such great facial expressions. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all the pictures! especially the beach ones, that little shark suit for H is too cute, haha. glad you're back, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had a really amazing time! All the food looks incredible and I'm dying over Henry's shark outfit! So cute! Glad you had an amazing time with your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun photos! Missed your regular postings, but it sure looks like an incredible getaway and was fun getting to "meet" some new bloggers! Hah - as if my blog feed wasn't one or two away from exploding already ;)

    I love that picture of Hank + Henry - It's like my ultimate dream in a little handful of years to walk into my room and see my boyfriend, our dog, and future spawn all snuggled up together :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks so much fun! I wish I knew you were going to be in Salem!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved seeing all of these on Twitter during your vacation. Love the sunset one and you look HOT in that swimsuit!

    Kacie
    http://www.acollectionofpassions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back. The guest bloggers were wonderful, but we did miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to tell you that, during the time you were gone, I completely and utterly fell in love with your blog. I've been reading it nonstop. And that picture of the sunset is so beautiful! I'm glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  18. aw, I love the photos at the beach! And it looks like Henry was pretty pumped to be in an airplane! Glad you enjoyed your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm excited you're back! And, I can't wait to hear more about your East Coast adventures.

    Great vintage swimsuit, by the way. You're looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm glad you are back :)

    looks like a wonderful family vacation. i'm a little jealous, we never get to do anything like that. i can't wait to see more photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Welcome back! Looks like you had a great time, the Instagram pictures are lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad you had a good time! It also looks like you had a good time! I think everyone needs a little break from blogging at some point. ;)

    Oh Jazmyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Welcome back! It looks like you had so much fun! White Castle is the best:) Also, I loved your flying outfit. The shirt is super cute!

    Bakingvinyl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute & jealous! Your little guy is adorable... Glad your back, your readers need you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such cute pics. I especially love the second pic of Henry on the airplane!

    How did you like White Castle btw?My frieds and watched them make it and kinda got grossed out by how they prepare the onions. =(

    ReplyDelete
  26. yeah! You're back !
    I missed you
    and Henry is so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm glad you're back! It looks like you had an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Best bathing suit, where did you get it. I'm always looking for the perfect one piece and you look great in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome! That Sawmill pizza looks delicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like you had a great time! Baby Henry looked so happy! And so did you! Can not wait for the new posts!

    XOXO,
    Danielle
    itisajoiseywayofthinking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. his little shark outfit is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Welcome home Danielle! Love all your pictures, it looks like you had the best time :) I'm just about to leave for 3 weeks too in 2 days from now, super exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Henry just looks so happy! Looks like a great trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Henry's little facial expressions are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Black & White cookies! The Jersey shore! Oh, God. The jealousy. Summertime is the worst time for me homesickness, and I'm glad I got to live vicariously through your photos. Fun vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks like you really enjoyed yourself! Glad to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ah, you look like you had a great time. Such a beautiful fam!

    ReplyDelete
  38. yumm! i loveeeeee black and white cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. looks like you had a wonderful time! that last photo is just TOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am loving all of these pictures!!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time and did a fun variety of things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I don't really see image heavy posts as a negative thing.. ever, btw : )

    ReplyDelete
  42. Isn't it nice to take a break sometimes from the internet? You really gain perspective on what is "real".

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm so behind on blogs! Eep! Had to catch up on yours :) glad to see you had such a fabulous vacation! I love instagram! all your pics are great. My favorite is that sunset. Magnificent! Your family is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  44. If you are planning for trip to make you vacations memorable to your whole life then you must get first Cheap Flights to Sydney.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips