Tuesday, August 16, 2011


{me and my dancing partner, at a wedding a few weeks ago}

Sometimes it's good to stop for a minute, take a step back, and think about all of the good in our lives. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes, in the hustle and bustle of goings and comings, friends and plans and all of that goodness, I forget to take that step back and appreciate it. So right now, as I am sitting here on the couch, watching Hank and Henry play and laugh on our living room floor during Daddy/son time, I thought I would share a short gratitude list, and encourage you to do the same!

Today I am thankful for:

old friends that know you better than anyone
storytime at the library, and watching Henry interact with so many other little ones
the taste of a crisp organic Pink Lady apple, dipped in almond butter
quiet mornings with my baby boy, rocking in the green chair and singing songs
a roof over our head and food in our bellies
finding new blogs to fall in love with
and speaking of food, Greek yogurt with fresh berries. So thankful for that.
four fun weddings to look forward to
a pair of shorts that fit just right
new mama friends and upcoming plans
chilly evenings made for cardigans
the excitement of longtime friends moving up to our small town
being able to say "my boys" and the happy feeling it gives me
successfully pulling myself out of a terrible mood
thirty extra minutes of sleep
that feeling of being exactly where I've always wanted to be
Hank, and every little thing about him

...and Mexican food. Lots of gratitude for Mexican food!

How about you? Link back here if you decide to post a list- and have a great night!


  1. that is such a sweet list, esp the one about being able to say "my boys" - so dear!
    i just wrote a post the other day about my new gratitude journal! seems like we're on the same journey to living a life of being thankful for the little things. :) here's the link to the post i wrote:

  2. Hi sweetie! adorable post. :) I didn't do a thankful post but yesterday I just did one on mama's taking time to indulge themselves. xxoo

  3. love gratitude lists!


  4. What a sweet heart!

    I actually have the Gratitude Journal app on iPhone. It's easy to overlook our blessings at times.

  5. how sweet. i definitely think it is crucial to take a step back sometimes and just let everything sink in. it is very humbling :)


  6. I wish I had a wedding to go to! I love your list, I did a little 'I'm loving' list today x http://www.mummaandthekiddo.blogspot.com/

  7. I love this! Especially the food parts, food is just too good and always deserves credit! Thanks for reminding us to be thankful! Here is my own list:


  8. Totally lovely. I am grateful every day and it's so nice to read your little list of gratefulness!


  9. This came at just the right time tonight - it feels really good to assemble a quick list to end my night with an attitude of gratitude! Thanks Danielle for the reminder!


  10. so many things to be thankful for in this great-full life!

  11. such a great post.
    i saw a quote recently that said "gratitude turns what we have into enough". so incredibly true. i posted the other day about what i was thankful for.. http://vanillaandlace.blogspot.com/2011/08/summer.html

  12. So sweet. I shall be doing a "thankful post" on my blog and I will be sure to link it. Thank you for having such a warm blog.


  13. I think it's neat so many other people were also taking a step back to be thankful for what they have in life. I know I certainly am and I was also about to do a post in the next few days about how thankful I am! I will make sure and link back to it for you.

    And thanks to Kimbah for the gratitude journal app! Amazing!


  14. What an AMAZING list. Such a lovely post.

    I'm doing a 5 day project on just this! Being thankful.

    Sometimes we all need a kick in the butt to remind us of the amazing things in our lives. My project is starting on Monday, running till Friday. I very excited to hear about everything that makes others thankful. I know feel totally inspired to keep plugging on with my posts!


  15. This is such a lovely post, and such a good reminder to us all to be more thankful! I did my own post (inspired by yours!) here:


  16. I love the list! So cute!
    I wrote this post a few days ago and thought I would share...
    Happy Wednesday!

  17. what a great list!
    a gratitude list is now on my to-do-for-my-blog-list

  18. http://caveintome.blogspot.com/2011/08/thank-you-universe.html

    here's mine :)))

    Love your blog extra lately!

  19. This is so encouraging! I just made my own at http://ivy.mattmcdonald.net/?p=672. Thanks for being so awesome!

  20. Mexican food is always something to be thankful for! My favourite too xx

  21. http://jessicakutok.blogspot.com/2011/08/im-so-thankful.html

    I love your list! :)

  22. I love thankful posts! Your's is great. Life gets so busy sometimes that it's good to be reminded to stop and be thankful. So, thanks for the reminder. :)

  23. This post is a really good reminder, so I did one too!


  24. Thank you for doing little things like these lists on your blog all the time. I too struggle with staying upbeat on a daily basis (as I'm sure we all do) and these little reminders to stay positive are usually just what I need. You're a doll, Dani!

    Here is the link to my list: http://theheartofthecityblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/thankful.html

    Happy Wednesday!


  25. I swear I think you are the sweetest person on the Internet, Danielle. I get excited every time I see a new post of yours pop up in my reader. <3

  26. I love your list. I have a list in the works already, which I'll be posting next week. I'll link up when it goes up.

  27. I SO needed this. You inspired me to make my own list to drag myself out of the funk I've been in. Really enjoying your blog =D


  28. You look so happy and beautiful in that photo. I love your sweet life, your sweet words, your sweet spirit. It's such a privilege to know someone like you, Danielle. <3

  29. Amen. <3 I try hard to sing praises each day. What a blessing it is to be happy :)

  30. This is such an excellent post to remind ourselves what we're thankful for - more than once a year and not on a particular turkey-filled holiday! Thank you! :)

  31. This is something we all need to take time to think about and so glad you were the one to push me to take this moment to find what I'm thankful for.

  32. I love this post Danielle! I love how you are such a positve person and it shows through your blog :) xx

  33. Cute story. Makes me want to be better. Thanks for sharing. You are wonderful.

  34. the butt to point out to us from the remarkable issues inside our day-to-day lives. My project is starting on Monday, working till Fri. I extremely fired up to learn about exactly what makes others thankful. I know truly feel totally inspired to continue to keep inserting on with my posts!
    Fifa coins


Blogging tips