Monday, September 19, 2011

The A-Z of Danielle

photo 2

I've seen this on a million blogs, but most recently on one of my favorite blogs, Our City Lights (Diana's the best, be sure to check her A-Z out also) I thought I'd play along, too!

A. Age: 29
B. Bed size: King. Our bed is the biggest, most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
C. Chore that you hate: I hate cleaning the guest bath's toilet.
D. Dogs: one little Boston Terrier, Madeline. She's the biggest sweetheart.
E. Essential start to your day: going into H.'s room and being greeted with the biggest smile ever. I live for those moments when he reaches up, puts his arms around my neck and holds on so tight, then kind of sighs into my neck. Ugh, I love it. I also am a huge breakfast person and need a healthy, balanced meal to start my day.
F. Favorite color: yellow (mostly mustard-y shades), gray, mint green, white
G. Gold or Silver: gold. But as far as wedding rings, I like white gold or platinum (like mine).
H. Height: 5'3"
I. Instruments you play: none
J. Job title: stay-at-home mama, housewife, writer/blogger.
K. Kids: one darling boy.
L. Live: Arizona
M. Mother’s name: Kathleen
N. Nicknames: Dani, D
O. Overnight hospital stays: yup. I tore my ACL in high school. And then again when I had Henry.
P. Pet peeves: passive-aggressiveness.
Q. Quote from a movie: (from Amelie) Amelie: [whispering in theater] I like to look for things no one else catches. I hate the way drivers never look at the road in old American movies.
R. Right or left handed: Right handed.
S. Siblings: one younger sister, Lauren.
U. Underwear: "Really, internet?" I like Diana's answer, so I'll leave it.
V. Vegetable you hate: Zucchini. Gross.
W. What makes you run late: not too much. I hate being late and try to avoid it at all costs. If anything, I'd say poor planning.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: knee and dental
Y. Yummy food that you make: how could I choose? I love to cook. Right now I'm super into Chicken Marsala, and attempting to veganize it for Hank.
Z. Zoo animal: none. Zoos make me really sad.

So that's it! Simple. Happy Monday, y'all!


  1. you are so cute - loved this list! gonna check out diana's now :)

  2. Mint green and mustard. Two of my favorites!

  3. I'm wearing that same shirt today too! Loved the list as well, I may have to do it soon.

  4. AW! I have started this and planned to post it sometime this week :) Love learning new facts!

  5. Everyone has a king bed, I need one! :)

  6. I'm totally doing this for my next post!

  7. Stole your post:

  8. i have had so much fun reading everyone's a to z! i love your answers...and how did you tear your ACL when having Henry???

    super cute shorts in the picture. i love shorts that transition into fall. excpet here i would need tights underneath!

  9. Great list; this is such a good idea. And I agree, zucchini... yuck.

  10. I've done one of these as well! Haha!


  11. This list is so cute!!! The part about when Henry wakes up was adorable.

  12. Fun! I did one of these tooooo! It's a few different questions though! Mint green is my favsie as well

  13. Awesome! I'm really enjoying this going around - it's nice to learn a bit more about people. I've just posted one over on my blog :)

  14. great post! i am going to have to try this.

  15. Love your Z answer. They make me sad too.

  16. Love that quote from Amelie! Love her!

  17. I was surprised to see that there is a vegetable you don't like! =]

  18. Awesome list...what happened to "T" though??

  19. I could not agree more about both the zoos and passive aggressiveness. Enjoyed reading this.

  20. haha where's T? i copied it onto my blog and realized while completing it that it's missing a letter!

  21. I love that quote from Amelie! I didn't know you hated zucchini. I'm not the biggest vegetable lover, but I can never have enough zucchini.

    What a fun meme! :)

  22. I LOVE reading these. I did one on my blog too. They're so much fun to read. xo, rv

  23. Passive Agressiveness! HATE THAT!!! AHHHH.


  24. Uhm, can I say hot mama? You look so awesome! I hope I look that good in a few months...hopefully my post baby bod is right behind you :)
    Smoking Crayolas Blogspot

  25. I just thought about doing this myself the other day on my blog.
    from all the shirts I've seen you wear, this is my favorite. You look great in it :)
    Hope you have a lovely day, with lots of smiles from the little one. :)


  26. this is like the 4th blog i've seen the list on, and i'm loving everyone's answers! i played along too:

  27. There is no letter "T"

  28. I want to know where you shop! you always look so darling.

  29. I always imagined you being like 5'9 or 6'! Personality shines through much "taller"!

    Also, I noticed the commenters said there's no T. I didn't even catch that, either. Oops!


Blogging tips