Sunday, September 18, 2011

Arizona Best Fest!

Yesterday we headed downtown to celebrate the start of Arizona's Centennial celebration, Best Fest!  It was the most perfect day - 70 degrees with a slight breeze- and as the day went on and cardigans and hoodies made their appearance, I couldn't help but send a little thank you to Mother Nature for this glorious Autumn weather.  Our little town was chock full of people, the roads were blocked off for parties, food tastings, and wine tents, and there was something to do on every corner.  The Old West and historic Arizona were the main focuses in most areas of the celebration, and we had everything from a mechanical bull to reenactments of old-time shootouts. It was really, really awesome. We walked all over and ended up grabbing dinner at Taj Mahal- best Indian food in town. Henry had a blast too, and even though we pushed him hours past his bedtime, he watched the people, and eventually the fireworks, with such adorable wide eyes. It was a great evening, and we ended it at the Moline's talking around their firepit and looking up at the stars. I went to bed last night with a truly thankful heart. And I kind of needed a day like yesterday- I had a rough start to the day and was feeling pretty down...but by the end of our night I was in great spirits. That's what being surrounded by good people does to you. So thankful.

And today is a good day already too. It's football all day in our house, and I'm looking forward to having friends over and eating good food. Typical Sunday in our house. Whatever you do, I hope it's a good one too! Here are some photos from our day - enjoy.


Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest
Arizona Best Fest

32 comments:

  1. That last photo is so adorable! And that apple-- OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaayy! Best Fest was the bestest festest! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can really see the change in your haircut and color in these photos -- I love it! You look SO gorgeous and it's such a great shade for fall. I adore your outfit as well. Pretty all around. :)
    -Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you there! I wanted to say hi, despite the creepiness of that, but I lost you in the crowd and missed my chance. I love all of your photos of it! I didn't even know we'd be going so only had my junky little point-and-shoot with me, but I still got a few cute ones.
    http://travelingphoblogwripher.blogspot.com/2011/09/glimpse-at-prescott-etc.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your outfit and Henry's baby Tom's! Y'all are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must say, your new hair color is just adorable on you. You make me wanna go darker soo soo bad! It's perfect for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your outfit! Those colors look so pretty together. The pictures of you, Henry, and your hubby are so sweet. Truly a beautiful family. XO, Rae

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable pics! I am in love with you sunnies! oversized vintage love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Henry's faces in all of these pictures are totally to die for, so adorable! <3 And you, Michelle, and Adie look like you could be sisters :)

    Glad you had such a fulfilling weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This truly looked like one of the best days. We are headed to our state fair this evening with good friends and our babes. This post got me all excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so fun! I srsly need to start hitting up some outdoor festivals. Henry is adorable and I love your outfit :D
    Where are your pants from!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks amazing! & Henry looks adorable as ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make me wanna move to Arizona! :)

    These pics really show the difference from when you lightened your hair. Looks great! And I adore your outfit!

    The last pic is my fav, wide eyed and in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like you had loads of fun! your town must be awesome to live in. thanks for sharing your pretty pictures and have a good week :)
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look adorable Danielle! What a lovely day!!

    Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. PANTS.

    Where did you get your pants?! I think I kinda need them...like, right now. If I hadn't been working yesterday I think I would have forced my husband to take me on a day date up to Prescott because that looks like such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a lovely time! Your new hair color looks so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post, love all of the pics and your pants are super cute!
    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i envy the quality of photos that you guys took. anyway, that sounds like a super fun fest by how you described it. i wish that the weather here in vegas starts to cool off like over there in texas.

    -robots in trouble

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great pictures,thanks for sharing! Looks like your guys had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So awesome! <3 You're beautiful, as usual. =] I love Sundays once football starts too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dani-I love your hair!! That is such a deep drown color, completely gorgeous! And the new length looks great too!! It always feels good to go with a change, and when the change looks great, that's a plus :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I probably have never seen an apple looking this delicious..!
    Amazing photos - can literally feel the happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You GUYS. Cutest little family & goodness, I love your new locks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. For everyone who asked - my pants are from Forever21! :)

    Thanks for all the kind comments! Love yous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks so fun! Love your outfit - as always!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i just love your lighter hair! it looks so good. you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These photos are adorable-your family is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I miss that area so much! I grew up not to far from there...still have friends in that area.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips