Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Artwork for kid's spaces

When I was planning out Henry's nursery, I knew that I definitely wanted to incorporate lots of art into the design. In my mind I pictured a gallery wall, full of bright, stimulating prints that would make the both of us smile every time we looked at it. I also wanted to choose artwork that would transition well into his "big boy" room when the time came. Below you'll find some of my most favorite Etsy shops for art, and one of my picks from their shop that could work for either gender. Enjoy, and let me know if you have a favorite Etsy artist I should check out too!

clockwise: one, two, three, and four

clockwise: one, two, three, and four


clockwise: one, two, three, and four


p.s. the lovely Kate from Cinnamon Ink actually sent Henry the sweetest gift- this print, as seen up there in the first grouping!  We love it, and love the quote. Definitely be sure to check out her shop.

12 comments:

  1. HA! two of these are on my favs list on Etsy! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to move my baby boy into his own room and I've been looking everywhere for some unique, cute prints...these are all so great! I might have to "borrow" your ideas :)
    Smoking Crayolas Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is Berkley Illustration. Check them out on etsy, you won't be disappointed. There is something about animals in people clothing that I just love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the cutest prints ever! Definitely not ones you see everyday. I love how gender neutral they all are :]

    Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I bet his room is amazing, fun, stimulating, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of the shadow portrait ones are AMAZING. Such good taste you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pieces. Very gender neutral and all really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too really like that they are gender neutral. My sister is all about pink for her daughter and Rob and I have said on more than one occaision how we want to incorporate lots of different colors if we have a girl.

    I love the matryoshka one especially, of course...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looooove Vivienne Riding Her Bike. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok, I never do this (honestly), buuuuut...

    I have an etsy shop (chellelynn.etsy.com) where I sell original paintings. My style is very illustrative and silly, with a bit of dark humor thrown in. I have been told by many people that they would hang my art in a nursery or child's bedroom, probably because it's so cartoony.

    I love this collection of prints, btw. I'm really into what people have been doing with typography the last few years...words can often be just as powerful as images!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love the books print! How sweet! I've also pinned the Empire Strikes Back print on pinterest; my husband is a Star Wars nerd and I am a Harry Potter geek. We need some nerd art up in here.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips