Monday, September 5, 2011

"Don't be so safe, you miss the fun."


The image above is from one of my favorite children's book authors, Dallas Clayton.  If you aren't familiar with the super awesome Mr. Clayton, check out one of my favorite books of his (er, Henry's favorite book of his) here. And what a fitting quote, huh?  I think it's pretty perfect, because the whole idea of just kind of 'letting go' is always on my mind during the summertime.  I wouldn't say I'm uptight by any means, but as much as I love life I sometimes I find myself needing to be reminded to relax and kick back. It's something I actually have had to work at, as weird as that sounds. Luckily I ended up marrying one of the most fun-loving people I've ever met, so Hank really does a good job of reminding me to just relax and enjoy, and together we've gone on a lot of adventures that I look back on and smile.  He gets me out of my comfort zone, and over the past seven years I love how much that's changed me. We balance each other out well. And when I saw this quote on Dallas' tumblr, I knew I had to share it!

Happy Monday everyone, and have FUN!  Here's to light hearts, adventures, and making the most of these last days of summer.

xoxo

20 comments:

  1. Oh, I definitely need a reminder to lighten up every once in a while. For some reason I've become way more uptight as I get older and just need to learn to leg go and go with the flow sometimes. Love the image and quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be hard for me to relax too. I always feel like I am go-go-going and when I am not I feel as though I should be doing something productive. I'm glad my husband can lead me to follow his cues on relaxing and having fun as well as Hank does for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something I'm trying so hard to remind myself... I need to be more relaxed when I'm with Ruari... I don't want her to worry as much as I do.

    Wonderful you and Hank have a fabulous balance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it hard for me to relax sometimes too. I often get so caught up in what the "plan" was, that I just forget to enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute quote. I'll have to look into that author. He looks like such a cute author. XO, Rae

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great reminder! I know for me,it's been hard trying to relax and my husband tells me "take life one day at at time" and I never have until I started therapy.My therapist taught how to breathe and relax. It's really helped. Hope you're having a great Labor Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute text! After an action packed summer of flying and driving all over the place, I'm constantly reminding myself to calm down, let go, and relax. Fall is around the corner and I'm ready to wind down and relax. My boots and scarves are dying to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, uplifting post, as usual. Such a simple message that we could all stand to hear more often. I tend to be the one in our family that thinks too much and can't let go. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. im always looking for new children's authors! He looks great and the illustration is so cute, too!
    Smoking Crayolas Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really, really needed this reminder. Thank you! I'm going to look for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the quotes! :) Don't be safe, you miss fun! Love it! :)

    Love Simple Green

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! I sadly know a few people who worry so much they miss out on the fun and it always breaks my heart. This made me think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stumbled upon Dallas on one of my favorite photographers' blogs last year. I LOVE his books. We have such a huge collection of kids books, and his are my favorite--they have such a real and much needed message.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great post, I ALWAYS feel like this! I wish I could be more carefree and less practical. I try so that's what matters I suppose. Thanks for the reminder. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great quote! I think it's so important to be with a partner that brings out the best in us :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE THIS QUOTE! I am going to have to borrow it as well! I am in the same boat as you and thankfully married an amazingly laid back fun loving guy so he definitely helps to to relax! Perfect combo indeed!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips