Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday.

Today was a good day. We spent the better part of the afternoon strolling around downtown, and soaking up the very last bits of summer that fell smack dab in the middle of our three-day weekend. Although it was a little too hot for our liking, I kept reminding myself that soon enough it'll be cold and snowy, so rather than complaining we found enough shade and treated ourselves to iced drinks at Wild Iris. Let me tell you, their iced coconut tea is to die for. Absolutely delicious. And it was a lot of fun walking around amidst all the tourists who come up on holiday weekend to take in the arts and crafts fair, the cooler temperatures, and the small-town feeling our home exudes. There was cotton candy, hot, toasted almonds, and enough freshly squeezed lemonade to go around for days.

I kept thinking about how at the close of next summer Henry will be a whopping almost-two!  It was kind of off-putting for a minute, and I got really sad...but then really excited. It's hard watching your baby grow up so quickly, the changes happen so fast and in the blink of an eye it seems like your little newborn is crawling, standing, walking. Heartbreaking that you can never go back, but equally as joyous that life is moving forward. Bittersweet is the best way to describe it. More sweet than bitter, but bitter none the less. So today in the late afternoon sun, I promised myself that I would stop focusing on the 'bitter' part of it. Just to accept it. Be happy. Celebrate the new stages and all of the new milestones. And instead of being half-happy, holding back a part of that to focus on being sad, I'm going to try my best to just be happy.  Keyword: try. ;)

Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone!

Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day Weekend

26 comments:

  1. Awe :) I love the little TOMS! I need to get my guy some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like a good novel, you are :) Happy Labor day Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha AWH baby h's face in that last picture is adorable. Give.me.your.kid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a very beautiful summer!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obvs I've never experienced motherhood, but any nostalgia is hard to swallow when you're not prepared. I remember when he was born! Even I catch myself sniffling a bit.

    Also, the baby TOMS?? DYING.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those little TOMS! What cute pictures too- the quality of your camera always impresses me :)

    Samantha
    http://theadventuresoftwosams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does everyone just lose their shit when they see the toms? I bought Sonja some a few weeks ago and EVERYONE who sees them can not get over how cute they are. I can't believe she's already almost at the next size! it really is bitter {but mostly} sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's hard to be super happy when watching your baby boy grow up so fast! but try...try again ;)
    Smoking Crayolas Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pictures! i just love prescott...trying to convince the hubs to move...i'm tired of the heat lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh he has the cutest little shoes!!!

    Have a great weekend with your adorable family!

    Katiediditt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your top! And I always do these sunglasses shots with my boyfriend. It's kind of an obsession :)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. as much as i am going to miss my youngest being a baby, my absolute favorite age with my oldest son has been around 18 months. so i'm really excited to experience that again. :) i'm sure it will be amazing with henry as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Henry's Tiny TOMS! My little lady gets her first pair for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a great weekend! Did you dye your hair, or am I just behind on that? Either way it looks great! Also loving those mini TOMS, they look just as comfy on him as they do on me lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is that a sippy cup?!?!? I can see why you're thinking about how much he is growing , Tiny Toms and a sippy cup. When did he get old enough for these things?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your little family is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Iced coconut tea sounds delicious. Your little guy is looking cuter and cuter. Happy end-of-summer, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pictures and sounds like an amazing day :) The TOMs are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these! The weather was so perfect here this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Henry's little Tom's are just the absolute cutest thing I've ever seen in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love his shoes, where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! I love the pic with you in his sunglasses :) It's been hot here too, but this past weekend it really felt like fall! I did a post on my weekend too here: http://dailydoily.typepad.com/peaceloveandcupcakes/2011/09/thursday-night-zac-i-ate-dinner-at-las-delicias-then-we-went-to-the-u-of-m-vs-msu-game-lets-be-honestim-not-a-huge-fa.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Squee!! I love those little shoes! :) I'm trying to wait until Daniel grows a size to get him some, but it's quite difficult! Beautiful family xxx

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips