Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Henry: 10 months

10months (a little late - 10 months on Sept 22)

This post is LATE! Which means the 11 month post is just around the corner, on the 22nd. In 10 days. Oops. These photos are from weeks ago but I totally forgot to share them here along with the little notes I've been taking along the way.

I also need to say how hard it is to get a decent photo of Henry laying down like this. I thought it was difficult last month, but no, this month is much worse. We probably snapped 200 photos and this was the best of them. Note to self: for our next baby take photos in a chair or other non-laying-down pose.

But back to the update- Hank and I were just talking about how fun this past month has been. Henry is changing so quickly as he approaches his first birthday, and everyday there's something new. New sounds, new movements, new ideas. It's amazing. And this month H. finally cut his first tooth- the front left. He was in a lot of pain, but we've been using the Hyland's teething tablets and I think they're helping a bit.  Henry had also gone through a very non-cuddly phase but now with the teething he is back to wanting to cuddle on the couch, be held, rocked to sleep, etc. Thank goodness!


This month Henry:

got his first tooth
started the get the hang of high-fives
little to no separation anxiety- he'll reach out for strangers to pick him up!
attended his first pep assembly at the high school
went to the pumpkin patch
visited a petting zoo
loves to scream and squeal
is making tons of sounds
loves reading and will "read" to himself - turning pages and making sounds
sleeps 12 straight hours a night
still breastfeeding - 4 feedings a day
loves playing his piano
walks easily lightly holding onto furniture
loves pushing his cars and trucks around the house
adores Madeline
won't wear a hat, but doesn't mind hoods
loves music, especially female vocals
love to "help" Daddy play guitar
is fascinated by the outdoors, especially the moon
can figure out matching toys- will put the "A" in the A slot and so on

It's amazing and equally hard to say that month our little guy turns ONE. It's insane. I'm planning his party right now and I'm really excited to get all of our friends and family together to celebrate the best year of our life. I feel lucky that Henry's birthday is in the fall, because there's already this excitement in the air and this just adds to it, tenfold.

Happy 10 months, little darling. We love you oh-so-much.


p.s. I found this photo on my computer after posting the pumpkin patch pics. How could I have missed it? So cute.


  1. what a cute post! and this 10 month mark also means that I've been reading your blog for 10 months now, wow! keep up the good work, I really enjoy coming back here every time :)

  2. How long do you think of maintaining the laying down picture method? May I suggest to change it up when he turns 1! But either way he is getting so big and I can see his growing personality trough the lenses!

  3. He is absolutely adorable! on a side note, thanks to reading blogs like yours I'm learning a lot about child development which is very helpful for my studies :) happy 10 months to your baby boy!

  4. @Meowwzie

    We'll only be doing photos like this for two more months! Then I'm going to switch to something else:)


  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

  6. Love your monthly posts, which I would have been better at monthly documentation... I did weekly updates and thoughts but a month is such a stronger chunk. Also, congrats mama for still breastfeeding, as they get older more mobile and active it's harder, I have been kicked in the eye, punched in the chest and bitten with teeth {once!!} but knowing she's getting all the good stuff makes up for it. Happy Almost-11-months-but-still-10-right-now Henry!

    (*my first post had too many typing errors, opps.)

  7. Henry is as sweet as pie! It goes so quickly, it's hard to take it all in! My little Monkey is 13 months & I honestly don't know where the time went. Enjoy every single second, by the looks of it you already do!

  8. awwww these pics are SO cute.
    I've never been a proud momma however, I can only imagine how amazing it must be when little babies keep learning and growing!
    So precious and sweet.


  9. he's growing so fast. i love that photo of him in the bath with shampoo in his hair... he's so adorable, and you're an adorable momma!

  10. Oh my goodness...that last picture is just adorable! His feathery hair is so precious!

  11. The first birthday is coming fast! Cute little boy!

  12. Happy 10 Months Mr. Henry! That big 1 year mark is right around the corner. That scarecrow picture is tooooo cute :)

  13. isn't it amazing how madly in love we fall with these little people! they take over our world and yet we wouldn't have it any other way. your little man is such a doll. happy 10 months little henry!
    have you thought of a theme for his big party?

  14. He is adorable. I love his little hairs sticking up on the top of his head! <3

  15. What a little man! I love that 10 months stage of life. Not quite fully mobile, but definitely on the move. So curious and SO FUN!

  16. He is such a beautiful little lad :) Love seeing him grow up.

    Amanda |

  17. adorable photos, he is so so cute!

  18. He is just the sweetest. From what I can tell, you're a really amazing mom, Danielle. Henry is very lucky to have you and Hank. <3

  19. I can't even believe he's going to be a year old soon. It seems like it was just yesterday that he was born! It's been such a joy watching him grow this year. :) Yay Henry!


  20. Aw congrats to baby Henry and congrats to you Mama! I'm so excited to see your party pictures. I know they'll be awesome!

  21. what a cutie pie! I love his wisps of blonde hair.

  22. I swear he's just too cute! I love all the pics & especially that last one. How could have you missed that? OMG- It's priceless LOL!!!

    Happy 10 months to Henry!!!

  23. What a big, happy boy! 10 months is 5 months away for us but the difference between what Henry can do and what Violet can do is phenomenal..babies are amazing. I guess humans are amazing, I should say.

  24. He is so beautiful, what a great way to keep a record of all the lovely things he's done and great that you share it with the world. I love your blog, I read it everyday :)
    Hope you're having a fantastic day!
    Ellie xx

  25. i love that he loves to read already!

  26. I absolutely love the picture of Henry sticking out his tongue.

    okay I don't know if anyone has told you but I think Henry is really advanced! Or maybe its just because you are a natural teacher/mom :-) he looks lovely and you all are doing such a wonderful job being his parents.

  27. that picture of henry in the tub is seriously too adorable. what a great boy!

  28. I love these posts :) It's so awesome getting to see Henry grow up. I really hope I get to meet you guys while I'm here in AZ. Have a great rest of your weekend :) <3

  29. that last picture is so great! glad you didn't just leave it out altogether >.<


Blogging tips