Friday, October 7, 2011

The Other 'F' Word


Craig and Michael over at The Hipster Dad enlightened me to this awesome documentary, and I am really looking forward to seeing it come November 2nd. Music is a huge part of our family, and Hank spent most of his teenage and early adult life touring with his band. I know he will absolutely identify with it, and even this short glimpse into the film has me really excited.

Here's a review from the first page of the documentary's website - and be sure to check out the entire list of Dads included in the project.

"The Other F Word is a raucous, eye-opening, sad and unexpectedly wise look at veteran punk rockers as they adapt to the challenges of fatherhood. To be sure, watching foul- mouthed, colorfully inked musicians attempt to fit themselves into Ward Cleaver's smoking jacket provides for some consistently hilarious situational comedy, but the film's deeper delving into a whole generation of artists clumsily making amends for their own absentee parents could strike a resonant note with anyone (punk or not) who's stumbled headfirst into family life."

- Andrew Barker, Variety

I'll be back later with a few links, but until then, enjoy!


26 comments:

  1. I love documentaries and this definitely sounds like one to be watched! How interesting! Thanks so much for sharing this with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to see that now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks AMAZING! I grew up listening to these guys, seeing them as parents is awesome. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be soo interesting!
    Thanks for sharing!

    xo katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good! Thanks for sharing! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fascinating. And so many great bands! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks interesting. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see this. I think this is a topic that is on a lot of peoples mind in my age. At least I know a lot of friends dealing with the "oh my god I'm grown up...Oh my god my girlfriend want's a baby" issue ^^

    It's great to see the idols from back then talking about Parenthood...

    I do hope they will be showing this here in germany....

    Thanks for sharing.

    xoxoxo
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so awesome! My mom and sad were in a touring band in the 80's together when I was born so they just brought me on the tour bus and made me a part of their lifestyle instead of trying to force some kind of parenting stereotype that would have made them miserable.

    So excited to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG..thank you for sharing this!Music is a huge part of our lives and my husband and I cannot wait to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited to see this! Jim Lindberg also has a book about being a dad. http://www.amazon.com/Punk-Rock-Dad-Rules-Just/dp/006114875X

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like a great documentary! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAD to share this. amazing :)

    www.diycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. this sounds like a really good documentary - i hope it'll be shown in austria as well!

    http://bellezzalibri.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. so great! i can't wait to see this!! thanks for sharing, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Someone just posted a link to this on facebook. I can't wait to see it, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this looks aweseome, and SO relevant to our generation.
    xo Moorea

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yup. I'll be watching that.
    Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. My husband is in his late 30s and has been in bands since his teenage years. We'll definitely have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wauw, superexciting! thanks for letting us all know :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks adorable! I really want to go see it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips