Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tattoo Tuesday V.90


Name and blog name: Charley // thecharleygirl.blogspot.com

Age: 23

Occupation: Stylist/ Blogger

Age of first tattoo: 17 in a guy's (not a tattooer) bedroom. They were little music notes on my foot that are now completely covered up by my yellow roses.

Favorite tattoo: I have two russian nesting dolls on my right forearm, one for each of my little sisters Chase and Chandler who are my favorite people in the world!


Featured tattoo/location: The 70's inspired owl on my upper left arm.


Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: The first of many by my good friend and talented artist, Jasmine Wright of Buju Tattoo in San Diego, CA.


1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

It was my first large tattoo, first with color, first on my arm and the first of many by Jasmine (who did it while she was still apprenticing). I've been collecting owls my entire life, I love that they represent wisdom and happen to be completely adorable. Also, being an avid thrifter and lover of all things vintage, owl goodies were always around my thrift store excursions as a kid, thus my collection and love for them grew. I actually have two owl tattoos so far and hopefully I'll add more!

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where? 

I have my entire sleeve on my right arm which includes another owl, a unicorn, pocket watch, venus flytrap, cowgirl boots, a potion bottle, scorpion, and more! I also have a peacock feather on my leg, and the letter V (for vegetarian) on the back of my neck.


3) Do you plan on getting more? 

I have an appointment next week actually! The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my favorite movies and I'm getting "Don't dream it, be it" tattooed on my thigh.

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos? 

It's been almost totally positive. Everyday people come up to me and want to look and ask me about my tattoos, I love being able to educate people and be involved in such a great community. My friends and family are very openminded and have always nurtured my creativity and taught me to celebrate the things that make you unique. My boyfriend has no tattoos! We met over 6 years ago when I had no tattoos at all. He's not planning on getting any in the near future but he loves my tattoos. I'll support whatever decision he makes with his tattoos, or lack there of.

(Wallas doesn't have any tattoos either.)

5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

Pick a great tattooer. Do your research, choose someone who isn't only talented but really respects your style and what you want to express. Stay true to yourself and get what makes you happy!

 

23 comments:

  1. Love the owl tattoo! Actually I love them all but the owl is my fav. Beautiful artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty - all of them! But I especially love the peacock feather. <3

    Carrie Rosalind
    Rosalind Revival

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tattoos are GORGEOUS! I think your peacock feather might be the first leg tattoo that I'm truly in love with. I know that a lot of girls have leg tattoos & some are nice (although I don't generally like the idea of leg tattoos on girls) but yours is actually really beautiful. So is your owl!! Really well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tattoos on a lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous lady! I love the placement of that peacock feather in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the yellow roses,but all of them are pretty,too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that owl tattoo!
    gorgeous!
    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like ur roses char!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the owl tattoo! Great tattoos! She is such a babe!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn't anyone else want to know about those bangin' shoes? Please enlighten us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely want to know about those shoes!! What brand are they and where can I score a pair?

    Gorgeous tattoos as well- you're beutiful and your tattoos/style definitely complements that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her '70s inspired owl tattoo! I am also a collector of all sorts of vintage kitchy owls...and how awesome that her artist was still apprenticing when she did that one! talented lady for sure. Also, those roses on her feet are totally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the placement of the peacock feather, it's different but it works! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww, yay! i love jas! and your owl is in the same spot she did my nesting doll! lovelove

    ReplyDelete
  15. that owl is just too cute! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the feet tattoos, and that's one place I never normally like!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just saw the last few comments! My shoes are the Michael Antonio "Gilson" you can find them online and they come in tons of colors! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am getting russian nesting dolls, but that's because of my last name and family being Russian.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not able to view this website correctly
    on chrome I feel there's a problem

    my website ... having trouble getting pregnant

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your yellow roses and where did you get those shoes i love them

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips