Tuesday, November 29, 2011


me, right now.

My sweet friend Megan shared this fun post this morning, so I thought I'd play along while I wait for Henry to wake up from his nap!

Obsessing over: Movies. I think winter always gets me into movie-mode, and this year I've been really into re-watching old favorites via Netflix Instant Play during Henry's naptime while I get things done. Today was the black and white Miracle on 34th Street. So good.  And right now Netflix has so many great films to stream including two of my most favorites- Death Becomes Her and Edward Scissorhands. They also have some newer ones I really enjoyed, like Morning Glory.

Working on: I'm currently in the middle of a couple of new blog-related and writing projects, but what I am working on right now is making it through the day without indulging in sweets! I do great all day long, but around 4 or 5pm I find myself making the same not-so-good choices. And every day I tell myself that I'm not going to do it again, but for the past few days I've ignored my better judgment and had that cookie (or cookies), that caramel corn, or whatever other nutrient-free mindless snack is available. Ugh. I'm all for treats and enjoying delicious food...but when I'm grabbing these snacks I'm not even hungry. So today I'm just trying to get back on track from our holiday weekend, and holiday weekend leftovers!

Thinking about: going to Henry's 1-year appointment in a few hours. Honestly, it feels like yesterday when we brought him in for the first time. I was fresh from my c-section and all of those days seem like the biggest blur...except certain distinct moments with Henry. I remember that first appointment vividly, and I'll admit I'm a little teary thinking about bringing him in today for his big one-year-later check-up. I'm also thinking about how truly lucky and grateful I feel to have a healthy one-year old.

Anticipating: Christmas, of course! I can't wait for all of the fun events coming up. Outside of family stuff think I'm most looking forward to the party Natalie and I are having at my house- an old-fashioned girls' sleepover for our girlfriends. We're doing a potluck, ornament exchange, and heading downtown to enjoy the lights and winter sights. Very excited.

Listening to: the white noise via Henry's noise machine in his room. He's due to wake up from his nap any minute, so pretty soon the sounds will be interrupted by babbling and sweet little "ma ma ma ma mas." I'm also having a text conversation with Autumn so every minute or so the little notification goes off. If only all of my friend who are stay-at-home Moms lived in the same place!

Drinking: water. It's pretty much all I ever drink, with the occasional green tea or almond milk in my rare bowl of cereal.

Wishing: that I could slow down time, just a little. 2012 in just about a month? I feel like it's 1998 and I'm still 16. Where did the time go?

How about you? What are you up to today?


  1. Loving this and think I need to post one of these...super fun! I too am anticipating Christmas...all the music, food, family, twinkle lights and more!

    Liesl :)

  2. What a welcome reprieve from classes :) I'm looking forward to finishing some big school projects this week, visiting the gym tonight, seeing my dog + boyfriend, and getting ready for holiday baking! Though right this moment I'm sitting in a carpeted hallwayeating the most stale + overprocessed turkey sandwich imaginable :)

  3. Cute prompts, I copied you! Couldn't bring myself to snap a photo though.

    Seems so weird that I've been reading about your life since before you were even pregnant! Life is flying by.

  4. Oh love this idea...think I might have to do one of my own :) I LOVE Miricale on 34th street! I remember watching it everyday with my nana one christmas :) xx

  5. I am thinking about how we're about to move and how we have a lot lot lot to do. Stressed but excited!

    P.s. I want to do this next time!

  6. seriously, right? time does fly, which is a bummer because my baby isn't a baby anymore (more of a kid now lol)!
    Smoking Crayolas Blogspot

  7. Love this! I can't believe it's 2012 soon either. I feel like it's closer to 2007ish.

    1. DEATH BECOMES HER!android phones for sale HAHAHA I forgot about that one! So good!

  8. I love your new blog design, especially the silhouettes and cascading ribbon. Peace and smiles to you from Memphis, TN.

  9. I love this little survey! I might do it sometime soon.

  10. UGH I know the feeling! My fiancé oh-so-nicely pointed out to me the other day that 1998 (probably my favorite year EVER) is almost 14 years ago. How is that possible!?
    Hope you don't mind, I think I may borrow this post format for later in the week! Very fun :)
    - Mandi @ http://www.lifeinbeta.com

  11. totally gonna use this too.

    alos just wanted to say that you are the most consistent blogger in my feed, you inspire me to do better, keep up the amazing work, I love Tuesday!

  12. Have you seen this pin? http://pinterest.com/pin/228205906087785694/ I haven't had the chance to try it but it just may work for all those cravings!

    I can't believe that 2012 is almost over and that my little guy has grown so big as well. It's heartbreaking but so exciting at the same time.

  13. DEATH BECOMES HER! HAHAHA I forgot about that one! So good!

  14. a long long long time ago you posted about death becomes her and i wrote it down to watch it because the trailer looked so good and then just the other day i saw that it was on netflix instant. and i am SO excited to finally check it out.

    and you're beautiful. don't feel guilty about indulging every once and a while, even if that every once and a while is every day at 4 or 5 pm. =] treat yourself. it IS the holiday season, after all.

  15. love this! so fun. i have a blog and shared the same post :)


  16. such a pretty dress, where is it from?

  17. Oh this is cute! I'm totally stealing it tomorrow!

  18. I played along :) http://dailydoily.typepad.com/peaceloveandcupcakes/2011/11/my-entry-1-1.html
    Fun! Time is totally flying by.

  19. Great little survey. I can certainly relate to "where did the time go?" Or in my case more often it's "where did my figure go?"

    I've been chatting to my cousin's kid on FB. Born in 96. I was fifteen in 96, it seems all kinds of wrong that she now is too!

  20. it is really my own hornor to experience a see at your website,it is good. Diablo 3 Gold

    RS Gold

  21. This design is wicked! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. buy runescape accounts I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

  22. The missions are going to be one of the best way to level up quickly in diablo 3. Be sure to complete each quest. Each quest objective and each object of quest bonus. You could be given. You will be paid at the end of each of these missions.

    runescape 2007 gold|buy diablo iii gold

  23. Does your site have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an email.
    I've got some creative ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

    my web blog - exercises to improve vertical

  24. Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm definitely enjoying your blog
    and look forward to new posts.

    Also visit my web-site ... Http://www.Proadm.com.br/

  25. Right here is the perfect blog for everyone who hopes to find out about this topic.
    You know so much its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a new spin on a topic that has been discussed for
    many years. Excellent stuff, just great!

    Here is my web site; bed zzz express

  26. Do you have a spam problem on this blog; I also
    am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; we have created some nice practices and we are looking to swap strategies
    with other folks, please shoot me an email if interested.

    Here is my blog vertical leap exercises

  27. Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular article!
    It's the little changes that will make the most important changes. Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my web site - Http://Theeverafterlady.Com/Groups/A-Few-Suggested-Exercises-That-Can-Improve-Your-Vertical-Jump

  28. Wonderful items from you, man. I have have in mind your stuff previous to and you're simply too great. I really like what you have obtained here, certainly like what you're saying
    and the best way wherein you say it. You are making it entertaining and you continue to take care of to stay
    it wise. I cant wait to read far more from you. That is actually a terrific website.

    my web page; www.palkiajack.com

  29. That is very fascinating, You are an excessively skilled blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look ahead to looking for extra of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared
    your site in my social networks

    my web site: Exercises to jump Higher

  30. Hey there superb website! Does running a blog similar to this
    require a large amount of work? I have no knowledge
    of coding however I had been hoping to start my own blog soon.

    Anyways, should you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off topic but I simply wanted
    to ask. Thank you!

    my weblog :: www.igamershood.com

  31. I believe this is one of the such a lot important information for me.
    And i'm satisfied reading your article. But should remark on some normal issues, The website taste is great, the articles is really nice : D. Just right job, cheers

    My blog quotes.loosegame.com

  32. Why viewers still make use of to read news papers when in this technological globe everything
    is available on web?

    Look into my web site; the jump manual

  33. Hi mates, how is all, and what you wish for to say on
    the topic of this piece of writing, in my
    view its actually remarkable in favor of me.

    My website workouts to improve vertical jump

  34. What's up Dear, are you really visiting this web page regularly, if so after that you will without doubt take nice experience.

    Look into my web-site; charleston gazette obituaries

  35. Very descriptive blog, I loved that bit. Will there be a part 2?

    Also visit my homepage: Piemitalia.Altervista.org

  36. If some one needs expert view regarding blogging afterward i propose him/her
    to pay a visit this weblog, Keep up the pleasant job.

    Feel free to surf to my page; workouts to improve vertical jump

  37. I read this post fully regarding the resemblance of most recent and preceding technologies, it's remarkable article.

    My web blog: tatankanation.org

  38. Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on this blog loading?

    I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

    Take a look at my blog - Workouts to improve vertical leap

  39. Hi there friends, good post and pleasant arguments
    commented here, I am actually enjoying by these.

    Stop by my web site http://www.turktour.no/

  40. Hi, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.

    When I look at your blog in Firefox, it looks fine but
    when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.
    I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!

    Other then that, awesome blog!

    Feel free to visit my blog workouts to improve vertical leap

  41. I'm not sure exactly why but this site is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later and see
    if the problem still exists.

    Also visit my web-site ... web.s-tet.ru

  42. What a welcome reprieve from classes :)Günstige Smartphones ohne Vertrag I'm looking forward to finishing some big school projects this week, visiting the gym tonight, seeing my dog + boyfriend, and getting ready for holiday baking!Billiges Smartphone ohne Vertrag Though right this moment I'm sitting in a carpeted hallwayeating the most stale + overprocessed turkey sandwich imaginable :)


Blogging tips