Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Featured: Tosca Reno of The Eat-Clean Diet & Emily Henderson of HGTV


As you may or may not know, I am a HUGE fan of a very wonderful and inspirational woman by the name of Tosca Reno. She's the "Eat-Clean" lady and one of my biggest motivators when it comes to diet and exercise. Her books are my absolutely bible/go-tos for cooking and all things healthy, so when she approached me about writing a guest blog for her, of course I said yes! Hop over to Tosca's blog and check out what I had to say about my own healthy-eating journey. And if you don't already know who the lovely Ms. Reno is, take a moment and look around, I'm sure you're bound to find lots of inspiration. Her husband Robert Kennedy also publishes my most favorite magazine, Oxygen, and a million other books and magazines dedicated to health and fitness.  Thank you again Tosca for having me!

I also recently contributed to Emily Henderson's (from HGTV's Design Star and her own show, Secrets of a Stylist) holiday gift guide. It's so much fun to to browse through and I've already bookmarked some great ideas for various people in my life. My article is on pages 174-177, but the whole guide is really amazing and absolutely worth a look!  If you have any trouble with the embedded guide below, click here to view it outside of my site.


Happy Wednesday, all! xo

18 comments:

  1. wow that is so exciting to be featured by someone you admire so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post.
    I got healthy earlier this year by following the Eat Clean plan. Are you super strict about it? I found it hard at times to follow exactly. Any tips?

    Heidi
    OliveObserver
    http://oliveobserver.blogspot.com/2011/11/wardrobewednesday-work-essentials.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very cool! I love Tosca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat is that? Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I loved the holiday guide :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on both of these! I've essentially been "eating clean" with a little cheat day on Saturdays for a little over a month now and I feel great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to some Eat-Clean seminar hosted by Tosca Reno in a few weeks! Can't wait!

    xx
    S

    http://aussi-belle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That gift guide is fantastic... I enjoyed your contributions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOOO EXCITING!!! Great articles!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting, I have yet to read that book. I am way into diet and exercise and eating whole foods, I will have to check it out!

    xoh
    d

    ReplyDelete
  11. You inspired me to download Tosca's Eat Clean book for my Kindle today and I've been reading it non-stop, it's exactly what I've been looking for to help me getting healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Which of her books would you recommend as a starter for someone who is completely new to the Eat-Clean concept???

    Ali

    byalibee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's amazing, I'm headed over to read your guest blog right now. I actually got one of her books a couple of years ago and I do my best to eat clean and feel so much better when I do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ali Bee,
    It's Tosca Reno here. Thanks again to Sometimes Sweet for posting her beautiful story on my blog. I certainly love working with women who are so inspiring. Sometimes I wish I could retitle my book and call it the Eat-Clean Lifestyle because that is exactly what it is! You have 3 options: The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged - this is the starter book with the complete plan; The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped - this is the book focusing on the last 10 stubborn pounds - it's strict, but effective; or Just the Rules - the purse-sized book with over 50 tips for cleaning up your life. Decide what's best for you and go for it!
    -Tosca

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's awesome! can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tosca Reno
    Thanks so much for the info <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all the sweet comments everyone! Ali I'm glad your question was answered...but TOSCA! Woohoo! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, so I came back and realized I didn't even check out that gift guide because I got so caught up with Tosca. It is AWESOME! So beautifully put together and I like that there are so many handmade and etsy picks in the guide!
    xoh
    d

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips