Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday links to love

happy graduation sissy!

Flashback Friday! I decided that I'm going to start posting some older photos with these posts for fun! This photo is from my sister's college graduation. She played at University of Wyoming on a scholarship and was their goalie. Awesome, huh?!

Anyway, hello everyone and happy Friday! It's not the best of times right now in my little world, but I thought I would pop in and give a little update. One of Hank's best friends lost a family member this week so it's been very sad. It's hard to know your friend is hurting so badly. However I'm so happy that we can all be here for him, and help him through this time.

Right now I'm in the middle of a million posts for some reason- I have about three longer ones half finished in my drafts- so I thought I would take a break and share some links. I hope all of you had the best week.  This weekend I am so excited to see Danny and Janay tie the knot...and on that subject I think this is the seventh wedding we've been to in 2011, which is insane. But unless one of our friends goes and does something spontaneous, I think it's going to be the last of the year.

I hope you all have the best weekend!

-----

I've been reading back in this new-to-me blog - it's full of super fun ideas for mamas of boys! Love it.  It reminds me a lot of my friend Erin.

And while you're checking out blogs, hop over and say hi to one of my most-read blogs, written by one of my favorite people, and Instagram sensation (hahah!). ;)

Smoky Red Bean Chili with Chipotle-Cornbread Dumplings. This looks so, so good.

And speaking of food, I love this: recipes and a shopping list!

Here's a whole bunch of tutorials on getting more volume in your hair. You're welcome.

I'm obsessed with this sweater.

I really enjoyed reading about Katie's favorite beauty products.

Starting this book today! Happy to know that my book soul-mate Lauren already read it and loved it.

These prints would make a great gift for my Italy-loving pal.

DIY bow Mary-Janes. Now these are cute.

I've been on the hunt for a pair of reasonably priced, vintage-inspired earrings for a friend...and I found a few different pairs at one of my sponsor's sites

I enjoyed this video, found via my pal Bruna: 29 Ways to Stay Creative.

Okay I think this Etsy shop is RAD. Vintage maps, and cool ones at that! So many of these would be amazing in Hank's office.

Apple Cider Pancakes. Lord have mercy!

What beautiful photos of the cutest little one.

Are any of you as obsessed with Pinterest as I am?

And finally, some blogs I'm loving this week: one and two.

Happy weekend! xo

17 comments:

  1. i'm the mama of two boys, so i love finding out about other blogs written by mamas of boys! (all for the boys)

    your links to love are one of my absolute favorite features of yours. i love when the rest of my family is still asleep, and i can enjoy a cup of coffee (or three) and check out your links before the chaos begins!

    i'm sorry about hank's friend. that's a hard situation for hank to be in right now. you want to let your friend know how much you care, but sometimes it's hard to think of the right words. so being there is what really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you wanna shop and do good at the same time I have lots of stuff for sale including Anthropology and Marc Jacobs and ooone Prada item, even some vintage baby stuff! 20% is going to World Vision, an org I've supported since high school. Starting at 10 dollars; Check it out! http://goodsie.com/store/wonderbrenna/

    Love the little-boy-mama stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear about your loss. i'm glad you are blessed with hank and a close family that can be there for you guys.

    great links. and thank you very much for the mention ;) jess also says thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 <3 <3 Thank you for mentioning me!

    And I am so sad for Hank and you. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you've hit a rough patch! Nothing makes them any easier, but they always make me so thankful to have a loving, supportive husband by my side.

    I could only get about half of your links to work! Looks like it might just be me though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 rip lin. it has certainly been touching to see just how many people cared about him. sad times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending good thoughts to your friend's family. Rough patches suck.

    A couple of your links are broken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems the links work the first time I scroll over, but if I go back they're broken links? Not sure if it's just my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I love you. XO!
    Seriously, can we hurry up and meet already?

    Andd sensation...Never been called that before... I like it. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pages of links that you share - you have a talent for finding some really good ones. Some I need to save for 6 months or so as our seasons are completely opposite.
    How do you save all the great links that you find for posting later .. or do you have huge bookmarks folders?
    Condolences for your friend and their family too.

    tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the link Danielle! Off to check out some of the others now...

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry about Hank's best friend - it's always hard to lose a loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Danielle, I am so very sorry to hear that Hank's friend is going through such a difficult time. Losing a loved one is such a hard thing and I'm glad they have the two of you (and sweet little Henry) to lean on. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent their way from my little family <3

    And, thank you SO much for linking to my chili recipe! Very, very appreciated!! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read Matched after you recommended it. I am so, so excited the second one is out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the mention! Still reading through all the others - great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so sorry to hear about Hank's friend. losing anyone we love is so hard, I am glad you and Hank are there to lift his spirits. <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips