Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Henry: 11 months



Oh my word. 11 months. It's so hard to believe that our little guy will be ONE on November 22nd.  This past month has been the most fun yet. His personality is shining through and everyday I fall a little more in love with him.

Henry loves to laugh and smile, and he is a total goof ball. Right now he's very into building things (then knocking them down), the color yellow, reading so many books, Yo Gabba Gabba and Sesame Street, toys where he has to match things (like colors or shapes), standing on his own, and I'd say his current favorite meal is either sweet potatoes with organic cheese or pinto beans and avocado. A boy after my own heart and stomach!



And...BIG NEWS...Henry took his very first steps this past weekend, on Saturday, October 29th to be exact. He was holding onto the side of the couch, then let go, then decided to take three shaky steps all on his own. I squealed and scared him, so he fell and started crying. Silly mama. But it was so awesome to see it happen, and it was equal parts exciting and nerve-wracking thinking that he will be super mobile so soon.

Another neat thing he does now is recognize objects or people by their names. We play the name game, and I'll say "banana" and he can point to it in a book, or go get it across the room. Other things he knows: football, light, fan, baby, teddy bear, water, mama, and dada. He's been pointing up at the fan whenever we say "Henry, where's the fan?" for a couple of months but now he's starting to really understand other words too. He will also "high five" or "double high five" when we prompt him to. The cutest thing ever is when he grabs the football and we say "spike it!" He'll throw it down on the ground. Kills me every time.

Picnik collage11months

This month Henry:
  • is so, so chatty and "talks" to everyone and everything, all day long. It almost sounds like he's speaking a foreign language with the inflections and pauses. So neat.
  • points at everything
  • is very, very curious about how things work
  • is still breastfeeding but down to about three times a day, sometimes more or less depending on him
  • naps twice a day
  • sleeps 12-14 hours through the night
  • experienced his first Halloween
  • has been an eating machine!
  • has very cranky, crying, screamy days when he is teething
  • likes to feed himself- trying with a spoon but he definitely hasn't mastered that
  • is very cuddly, even more so than usual

Overall it's just so exciting to know that in a few weeks Henry will be a year old. I've been thinking a lot about this past year, and how lucky I feel to be this little boy's mama. I can't even put into words the way he's enriched our lives and everything he taught us. It's amazing. His first birthday party is coming up soon too, so I've been focused on getting ready for that, I think it's going to be a ton of fun.  I really enjoy throwing parties and entertaining, so it's been exciting thinking of how I want to celebrate Henry and this past year. I can't wait!

Happy 11 months Henry, we love you!

38 comments:

  1. He is just too cute! And I can't believe how big he is, or those little teeth of his :)

    p.s. thanks for your comment on my half-finished halloween costume! You should totally make Henry's costume next year, just start it before 5 pm the night you need it... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is SUCH a happy baby! always has that big, toothy grin on his face. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HIS BABY TEETH. OMG.

    and he took his first steps! YAY! How exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy 11 months. this is one of my favorite stages....although i say that with every stage :) i still say that with jonas and hes' six!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Henry on taking your first steps! That's absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too stinking cute! I can't even handle that toothy grin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any babies, and I don't want any in the very near future, but I LOVE reading these monthly Henry updates!

    It's clear to see that you're in love with your little guy and it's a heartwarming reminder of what's in store for me when I decide to take that leap into motherhood.

    Happy 11, Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww! Danielle, this is such a sweet post!
    Those last pics are SO adorable!

    I can only imagine what it's like to be a mother and can't wait to experience that one day! :) Can't wait!!

    Congrats on his 11 month! haha I don't know whatt to say.. I guess Happy 11 month instead? haha.

    -Jessica
    www.jessicakutok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. my birthday is November 22 as well (though i'll be turning 27) .... it's a WONDERFUL day to be born! happy (almost) birthday little Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed getting to meet you and Henry, so fun to meet him after seeing all these posts! And he's so smart! I loved the "banana" and "fan", too precious. And those two front teeth are just adorable.

    Congrats on (almost) one year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my baby is 7 months and i always love reading henry's updates so i know what i have to look forward to!
    Smoking Crayolas Blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a good friend whose son is about 4 weeks older than Henry and he started walking about the same time. Watching him have his first taste of birthday cake at his party was adorable...the "baby shivers" of happiness for such sweet stuff—precious! Get that video camera ready!!! Congrats to you all:) Henry is a handsome lil' man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just adorable! Congrats on having an almost-walking baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy 11 Months to your Henry! He sure is a handsome fella :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's so cute! Do you have any plans for his 1st birthday on the 22nd? When my sister was a baby (she's 12 now) she got cake alllll over her. It was so cute (and messy,obviously).

    ReplyDelete
  16. he is so adorable, i love his little teeth!
    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow, soooo adorable!!!!! What a cute smile!

    xo
    ZK
    www.glitter-and-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. can't believe he will turn 1 soon! I've been following your blog since your pregnancy and it warms my heart to see what a great amily you have and how happy henry can be to have such loving parents :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those top four food items are EXACTLY the same as Sonja's. Her daddy hates sweet potatoes, but I keep buying them because she and I LOVE them. and beans? I dislike them {I know a vegetarian who doesn't like beans!} but ate them a lot while pregnant to keep her healthy and now she can't get enough! Happy 11 months little one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Henry is so adorable. I can't believe he's going to be 1 the day after my baby is due! I've been reading your blog for ages (even before you found out you were pregnant with Henry)...how time flies.

    http://mrssometimes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. look at those teeth!!! he is so big! i remember last year at this time being so excited to finally "meet" him! time sure flies. which i'm sure you know more than anyone. =] he's so precious. <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. what!?! when did he grow 11 months' worth? Can't believe it, but he's adorable and quite the charmer.
    <3.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't even believe how fast this year has gone! It's been such a joy watching him grow, my friend. His sweet, happy face makes us all smile! <3

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy 11 months, Henry! Your mama and I think you are growing up a little too fast, but you are a smart boy and know it's the perfect pace. Hopefully one day my little Poesy and I will get to come and visit with you. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. He is really cute! Enjoy every second.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your baby is so pretty!
    Compliments!
    kisses from your follower! ♡
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. This was heartwarming to read about Henry.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet boy! I scared my son when he first started walking. i squealed, he sat, and i stared waiting for him to do it again. He did, a couple of days later. I totally understand the excitement. :) So many firsts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh, 11 months, seriously?? Where has the time gone?! He is so adorable, well he's always been adorable but it's like he gets more and more adorable by the second. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  30. Can't believe this. Refuse to believe he is one next month!! Gasp!
    But man oh man, look at that face! It just gets cuter every single day. Love how much you love him. What a sweet life he has.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ohmygosh. Love the name Henry. And what a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, I can't believe it's been 11 months! How time flies! This must be such an exciting time for you guys as he learns so walk and talk, and goes from baby to little boy. Treasure every moment!

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  33. He's so darn cute :)
    OMG! Our boys are just 2 days apart!!! Philippe is born on the 24th of Nov. , here's my piece on his 11 months with us, if you'd like to check
    http://www.fluffandpebbles.com/2011/10/24/11-months-of-philippe-in-my-life/
    X Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  34. hahaha those last three pics get me! too funny!

    and ah, you totally scared him! that's hilarious! I can picture it! so exciting! I can't even imagine, get those running shoes out :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips