Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hello, Santa!

Santacollage

A year has come and gone, and my baby isn't a little tiny baby anymore. Just take a look at this photo! Tonight we went to visit Santa and Henry just loved him. We've been reading Christmas books and looking at photos of Santa Claus so I think that helped- and wouldn't you agree that our Santa is pretty great? He just looks so jolly to me, and he's super sweet too.

Growing up my parents had my sister and me take photos with Santa from our first Christmas until we finally refused to continue a few years ago. I can still remember the mortification of being 15 years old and having to sit on Santa's lap for my Mom's yearly photo. I made the biggest fuss, but in the end I always did it, because I knew how much it meant to her. Now at 29 I can look at Santa photos from when I was 1, all the way up to age 26. Impressive, right? That would make for an awesome blog post- especially seeing all of my hair and fashion choices over the years; I was an 80s child don't forget! And now that I don't actually have to be in the photos, it's so much more fun to take our little guy. I can't wait to display all of his holiday pictures just like my parents did (amidst much protesting of course)...but now I totally get why my Mom loved them so much. And the longer I'm a parent, the more and more I say things like that. I think at one point in my teen years I may have even said something along the lines of "when I'm a mom I will NEVER make my kids do this!" while stomping angrily away I'm sure.  And now take a look at me!

Merry almost-Christmas, everyone!

27 comments:

  1. wow what a cutie! henry has grown so much! where does the time go? that's cool that the santa was the same guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! its been so wonderful seeing your son grow up. and i would LOVE to see your santa pictures as a post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT. So cute. I have a little boy around Henry's age and seeing how much he has grown makes me want to check my own kid. Is it possible mine has grown that much too?? Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww what a cutie!!!! he sure has gotten big. super adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! that's crazy to me that you guys got the same santa 2 years in a row! for some reason that's just wild to me! anyway, henry's lookin' pretty festive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo adorable! He sure is getting big!
    You should totally post those pictures- hilarious!

    xo!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesss please post your photos!

    Such cute pictures, that is a GREAT looking Santa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even have one santa picture. I am so jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is he! What fun to look back on these pictures too...I love pictures with Santa and love that you took them growing up for so many years too!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! And isn't it sweet that it's the same Santa? We had that too and I think it's fantastic.

    PS - You should definitely do a post with all your Santa photos, I can't believe you did it all the way to 26! That's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! And DO that post! I just did all the birthdays I have photos of, and I wish I had more (especially of an early, 1980s age).

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a sweet tradition! Also, Henry's hair is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how cute!! It will probably annoy him at some point, but right now it looks like he had lots of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Henry looks so cute! He really has grown up in the past year.

    http://marjalovely.blogspot.com/

    Marja <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! He's so big now! I had to do a double take! You should totally post those pictures, it would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. that would make for one awesome blog post- posting all those xmas photos of you and santa (haha)
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I can't believe that's only a years difference, what a handsome little man he is!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my god your mom was brilliant! Also, I love that it's the same Santa both years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. Looking at these two photos was pretty amazing. Time really is precious. haha I'd love to see all of your Santa photos throughout the years. I think I quit when I was about 12. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. He looks so adorable and happy! You should definitely post your Santa pics through the years, that would be so great to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Um I think we really need to see the pictures of you from 20 onwards sitting on Santa's knee! Hilarious :P

    Amanda | http://notsocountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your son is too adorable! Such a cute picture. You should most definitely do a post of your past Santa pics!

    ReplyDelete
  23. PLEASE share all of your santa pictures! You're right, that WOULD be a great post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the difference between the two photos! my daughter alanna is 15 now, and i totally made her get a photo with santa and malcolm, haha. i think i will continue the tradition until she has moved out. someday they will both look back at the pictures and love them <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. PLEASE do a post of you on santa's lap over the years :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Henry's face! hahhaha I would love to see that post about your santa photos!

    georgina

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips