Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blueberry Pie Baked Oatmeal!



I posted a photo of my breakfast the other day on Instagram and got a lot of questions about the recipe. It's actually quite simple, and I do it two ways depending on time and ingredients. On this particular morning I made it the "long" way...but most mornings I'll do it the cheater way, which isn't really making anything at all, unless you count throwing already-made oatmeal into a bowl! ha.  I also found this recipe for it that looks good as well. It just has a couple different ingredients like honey and soy milk.

But here's my super tasty recipe (I'll also show you the cheater way down below):

1 cup oatmeal (I prefer steel cut)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
a pinch of salt
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (you can add more if you prefer your oatmeal to be less thick)
1 cup blueberries

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Spray an oven-safe dish with some cooking oil, pour your oatmeal mix into it and bake for about 30 minutes or until it thickens up.

And for that super quick-store bought way-

2 packets Kashi GOLEAN Hot Hearty Honey Cinnamon Oatmeal
a huge handful of blueberries
water to achieve your desired thickness

Throw all of that into a bowl. Microwave for 2.5 minutes. Let it sit for 1. And voilĂ ! A delicious and quick breakfast you can even bring to work with you!

Happy breakfast-ing!

25 comments:

  1. Yum! I have to try this out. Thanks for sharing the recipe :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth literally watered when I saw this! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I can not wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh this looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm definitely going to make some this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'll have to try this soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so yummy and comforting. I'm going to try this for sure!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so yummy! Definitely going to give it a go, thanks for sharing the recipe. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that looks delicious! I'll have to give it a try, thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you can really add any fruit to it as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oatmeal is the best. It's such a good winter breakfast- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/overnight-oatmeal-recipe/index.html
    This is the recipe I'm currently using for oatmeal. I bought a 2qt crockpot and I halve the recipe for 2 portions. I don't include the figs or cranberries, instead I add some brown sugar.
    I have a 3 month old baby and I think this is the perfect easy, mommy breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm doing a baked oatmeal recipe for hellogiggles this week! funny coincidence.

    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! This looked so good the other day on ur instagram. Thanks for sharing :) Can't wait to try it. Lately I've been eating greek yogurt with museli + pink oranges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum. I'm going to try this-except maybe with a banana because that's what I have on hand....sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! Thanks for the recipe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum Yum Yum, im really gonna have to try this one.

    http://madnessanmusings.blogspot.com/2012/01/style-icon-dita-von-teese.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. So I just put this in the oven! SO EXCITED!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I use my oven hardly EVER (let alone in the morning before work) but for this, I just might! Thanks for sharing!
    -Kate from ummmnowwhat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nummy! This will be one of my breakfast meals this week!

    XOXO,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yum! I love when I see a delicious recipe and I actually have all the ingredients on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally tried this. unfortunately this american hasn't been able to find steel cut oats in England yet but am on the look out. I also used half a cup of fruit(since your new post on sugar from fruits I've tried to really cut down on the fruit) and used half cinnamon half all cloves. Was so yummy. Thanks for this delicious little recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm baking this in the oven as we speak. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips