Tuesday, January 31, 2012

San Francisco

What a weekend! I'm trying to totally ignore the fact that the last half-day of our trip and traveling home was filled with the worst food poisoning in the world and just focus on all of the good parts. Because there were a ton! I feel really grateful that we were able to spend some time on a mini-vacation and as always, Hank and I had the best time together. We missed Henry likes crazy but it was good to have some "us" time, and sometimes shaking up your scenery is just what you need to make home feel even better than it does. And as much as I enjoy time away, there is nothing like coming back to our little town. I could never, ever live in a big city. I'm more than happy to visit, but give me my 35 mph roads and restaurants where the servers know what we order.  I'm a small-town girl all the way.

But like I said above, our big-city visit was fantastic. Our dear friend Alex hosted us and showed us around his city, and pulled out all the stops. We ate wonderful food (minus the food-poisoned vegan tacos at Gracias Madre- yuck!) and I stuck to my no-sugar plan. Hank got fulfill one of his childhood dreams and spent some time with "the man" George Lucas and nerd out at Lucasfilm. We facetimed with Alex's adorable girlfriend, met his lovely friends, tasted some of the most delicious Gouda of my life, and strolled through the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. We attended the Super7 art show on Saturday evening, and I got to do a few things I've always wanted to do while in SF, including visiting the Full House hill and taking photos in front of the Golden Gate bridge. And if you were ever curious about the type of girl I really am, just know that yes, I did YouTube the Full House intro so we could listen to it during our picnic.

It's weekends like these that I am incredibly grateful to be married to my best friend. Hank is without a doubt my most favorite travel partner, co-adventurer, and person to share new experiences with. He also put up with my wretchedly-sick self all the way home on our return flight. So as Andy Cohen would say, "Mazel, Hank!"

Here are some photos from our trip- and thank you again Alex for making our visit so enjoyable. We love you!

San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
Picnik collage1
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
Picnik collage5
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
Picnik collage3
San Francisco, January 2012
Picnik collage2
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012
San Francisco, January 2012

38 comments:

  1. Glad you had such beautiful weather while you were here! Come back soon.

    xxoo

    http://thecharleygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like such an amazing trip! I cant wait till I can go there one day, Its a long way from Australia though lol.
    I just adore all of your outfits in these picture, that red coat is great!
    Amy X

    amyandthecity3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks and sounds like your trip was wonderful - minus the food poisoning of course! I hope you are feeling better. It is so awesome that you played the Full House theme song out front, haha, how cute :] And I am so jealous you went to the Super7 art show, I am a total designer toy nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's your little man? Love your red coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i now have the strong urge to watch full house annnnd mrs. doubtfire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you guys had tons of fun! San Fran is so so fun to visit. I have earthquake paranoia and my dad told me about this huge earthquake they had a looooong time ago so now I kind of have anxiety about the city. But I still visit when I can! Though I've never visited the full house part of SF! I dont know how I haven't thought of that in all the times I've been there!

    PS I totally have the theme song stuck in my head now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. San Francisco is such a great city, love it! Love your coat, and that last photo of you and your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities in the world. Love it.
    I have totally done the picnic and theme song thing at alamo square park =) And golden gate bridge pictures are a must.

    Your pictures are awesome by the way and it sounds like a great trip - too bad it had to end with food poisening. Hope you feeling much better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos! I truly do love San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! SF looks like my kind of town! I can't wait to visit someday. And seriously, I'm such a sucker for a Golden Gate Bridge picture. Love the picture of you and Hank with your backs to the camera. Too cute, too pretty, too sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man it looked like a beautiful time! Glad your food poisoning is all gone and you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a great trip and the weather was beautiful! I had a Full House flashback when I saw the photos of the houses there! Hehe :)


    http://www.sealedwithakay.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry you got sick :( Beautiful pictures though! I'm with you on the small-town thing...every time I visit my sister in Boston I just get sleepy and overwhelmed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures! So sorry you got sick. I can't even imagine being sick on a plane. I love the picture of Hank and George Lucas. His hands on his hips? Hahaha you can just tell how excited he is! Also? I love your coat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Blue Bottle coffee, it's the best. Beats Starbucks way out of the water and I used to work at Starbucks! I sowee you got sick, I hate food poisoning, it's so hard to eat that same food after such an experience. I got food poisoning from corn bread and it took me four years before I even attempted to eat it again.

    xoxo, Jjanga
    www.sayhelloandsmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always wanted to visit San Francisco! The pictures taken there are stunning and the Full House hill is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. San Francisco is one of the most wonderful places! Definitely my favorite city I've ever been to. Sounds like you had an amazing trip! I really think San Francisco is the perfect place for a brief weekend trip - the city is so compact and everything you'd want to see is so centrally located! There's so much amazing and fresh food out there it's a huge bummer about your food poisoning - hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. full house! i've got to visit that city one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  19. San Francisco is one of the places I want to try and visit this year. I had completely forgotten about the Full House houses! So adding that to my list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you guys had a great time. I've never been to San Francisco,but it looks beautiful. Oh,and I'm a small town girl,too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you had a fun trip. (sorry about the food poisoning...ukk!). I love San Fran! Such a fun town with so much character.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. omgosh -- you're photography is breathtaking! do you mind if i ask what type of camera you use? no need to reply to me personally -- maybe slip it in a post? heh!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm sorry to hear about your food poisoning! Mexican food from the Mission is always so hit or miss; the only time I've ever had food poisoning myself was from a burrito from that neighborhood.

    Anyhow. I'm glad you had a good time otherwise; you captured some of the most beautiful parts of SF. And got to meet George Lucas! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Full House park was the ONE thing I didn't get to do when I went to SF. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was totally going to rock the theme music, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. You got some great photos :) Super cute!!! I love your shoes + outfit in the picnic pics. I haven't been to SF in forever, but we went to Foreign Cinema then too. I loved that place!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so adorable & it looks like you had so much fun! I can't help but look at these pic nic pictures & hear "doo beeh doo bop bah dah" (that makes sense in my head, so I hope it sounds like Full House in yours also!) haha

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love you guys so much my heart could explode. Can't wait to see you both soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love everything about this post oh, so much! Your red coat! The fact that you played the Full House intro on your picnic! GEORGE LUCAS! My husband is my favorite travel buddy too, and every travel post I see just makes me that much more excited for our big adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  29. full house hill! Lol. i was obsessed with that show. the houses remind me of mrs. doubtfire....good movie.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Where did you get your boots?!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This post made me so happy to read/see! I've lived in SF for quite some time now, and grew up in the Bay Area. It was so fun to recognize all of these different places and say to myself "I've been there! I've done that! I do that every Saturday!" Glad to hear you had a great trip {Aside from the Gracias Madre, which I usually love but I've known several people who have gotten food poisoning at various times there :( }

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, how these pictures remind me of how much I loved San Fran. I spent 1-2 weeks there the summer of '01, '02 and '03. Beautiful city! And I am a bit jealous, I went to the full house hill, BUT, totally did not get to have a picnic. That looks so relaxing! :) Glad you enjoyed your mini vacation, and so glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  33. i used to live in SF and i miss it when seeing great photos like these. perfect vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a beautiful get-away! Such great photos, pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  35. These pictures are all so good! Glad you guys had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fantastic photos! I haven't been to san francisco in a few years and I've been trying to plan a trip up there to see Brittney! This is just the push I needed to get me more motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  37. So jealous! I would love to go there. The photos look like you had some really beautiful weather :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips