a typical scene at our house- a crazed 14-month old running wild and throwing things in the dining room. ;)
1. Hello! Three days later and that awful food poisoning is finally out of here. Thank you universe! Now I know I have the tendency to be a bit overdramatic but I have to say one more time- that was pretty horrible. I've never felt so sick in my life and I fear that I am forever turned off of roasted vegetables. I got sick from a trio of vegan tacos, where you choose three different fillings. I got the broccoli, seasonal greens, and the mushrooms. The only thing I ate that was different than everyone else was the mushrooms, so I'm thinking it had to be them. Today thought I'm finally feeling better and managed to eat some normal food outside of the Ezekial English Muffins and butter I was living off of. I can't really complain though because English Muffins and butter are pretty amazing, wouldn't you agree? Yum. But Henry and I did actually leave the house finally and spent our afternoon doing some much-needed food shopping and I'm feeling a lot better now that I have some sense of order around these parts.
2. I'm really enjoying getting back to making personal blog posts again. I know that I never really stopped, but I definitely think I wasn't doing it as much as I used to. I had this moment a few weeks back where I found myself unsubscribing to a lot of the blogs I once called my favorites. I just didn't enjoy them as much as I used to, and I thought about why, and realized it was because they were severely lacking in personal posts. If you're a long time reader of this blog you know that I always keep a good balance between sharing and oversharing, but I think as a blog gets bigger it's easy to move all the way over to hardly sharing at all. And then what fun is that? I want to read blogs I find interesting; I want to see pretty pictures of peoples' everyday lives, I want to learn about things I don't know about, hear opinions from all sides of the spectrum. I want to discover new music, new ideas and new things; I want to leave feeling happy and inspired. So when I found myself unfollowing so many blogs I once loved, I looked back at my own and realized that it was very important to me to keep writing about my life, and never get lost in all of the other stuff. So that's where I'm at now. That was a mouthful, but to sum it up: I'm happy to be posting more about my life. And even though it's all just a little piece of the bigger picture, it makes me happy to do so. And I hope you're enjoying it too!
3. Some really awesome things about today-
- spending close to an hour today talking to one of my favorite people in the entire world, my sweet Emily.
- reading all of the #SScleaneating tweets. They're incredibly inspiring and I've already found quite a few new blogs and recipes to try out.
- lots of laughter while playing the "chase game" with Henry. It's just what it sounds like- Henry chases me and then will run into my arms for the biggest hug. Yes, it's as cute as it sounds and yes, my heart melts a million times every day.