Tuesday, February 14, 2012

a fun Valentine's project to do with your little one!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I thought I would share a fun little project I did with Henry this morning that you might want to try at home with your little one. My Mom is an elementary school teacher and always comes up with the best creative ideas- this is something she did with us when we were little and it's neat to be able to do it now with Henry.  You can also find variations of this project all over the internet from blogs to Pinterest, so if you missed Valentine's, you can always tweak it to fit the occasion.

It's easy as can be- simply take an empty toilet paper roll and bend it into the shape of a heart. Have your child press it into washable paint, and then stamp it onto paper. You can have them go crazy with tons of colors, or stick to red like we did.

If your little one can't yet sign their name like Henry, you can do it for them. Be sure to date it too, so you can always remember when your kiddo created their masterpiece.

Happy Valentine's!

Valentine's Day 2012
Valentine's Day 2012
Valentine's Day 2012
Valentine's Day 2012
Valentine's Day 2012

19 comments:

  1. this is so cute! what an easy project! i could totally do this with my little one.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, totally adorable. Filing this one away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This melted my heart! Your boy is precious! Happy Valentine's day lovely!

    XO, Ali

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cute, good choice just using red it looks so pretty.

    Hey could you make the top left silhouette link back to your homepage as well as the Sometimes Sweet text? Maybe I'm just stupid but I only just realised the text was clickable after several visits- usually I delete from the address bar to go back home... just a usability suggestion! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to reuse! I love this. I'm sure Daddy will be so happy! xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute and fun!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww. I saw this on pinterest :) So glad you tried it, and it worked out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute is this?! i love this!!

    drop by allister bee soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable! We used lots of stickers this year, but next year this is something we must try!

    Ps, you have adorable handwriting! ;)
    xo, Meghan

    ahoynative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this on ohdeedoh, so stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! What a great and simple idea :]

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so darling! Keeping this in mind for when I have little ones!

    Happy Valentine's Day Hampton family<333

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea, that doesn't cost the world. Love ideas that use what would otherwise be rubbish. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! Now I am going to try it out with Judah for my step mom (his nana's) birthday that is coming up :-)
    Judah is just a few weeks younger than Henry so I think its now safe to let me son play with some paint, I've been waiting for this day since I was pregnant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so sweet! what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this! i actually have a tag on pinterest to try this with bea! i wanted to do it today, but couldn't get it together...well maybe we can still go out & buy the paint!! thanks for the inspiration!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is so cute!!! :-) It's nice to do fun projects with the little ones especially on occasions like Valentine's day. <3

    xoxo
    Ida

    http://asplashofida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. awe so cute! Henry's a little smarty pants! My daughter and I did potato and apple stamp cards for our friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is such a lovely idea! Such simple things makes the babes so happy. My son would be thrilled!
    XO

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips