Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Henry: Month by Month

Henry is 15 months old today and I realized last night I never shared all of his monthly photos! It's so neat to see them side-by-side, and then look at him now. He's such a big boy! Henry has his 15-month check-up tomorrow afternoon, so I'll be sharing more about that post-appointment. I should also add that recently Hank and I have been talking about a possible baby #2. Ah! And although we aren't quite there yet, it's been fun imagining Henry as a big brother. I feel like I'm so used to having a boy that if we ended up having a girl it would be such a change. We've had our girl name picked out for the past 7 years and imagining a little lady is so fun, but at the same time, I'd love to have another boy. Either way we'll be happy of course, and it's kind of nice to not have a preference. I'm getting a little ahead of myself here since we are just starting to talk about it, but it's just so exciting that I had to share!

Anyway, here's the collage. I just used fabric, sheets, or curtains that we had around the house to use for the backdrop, and then also displayed all of these photos at his first birthday party. Our family and friends loved it, and it was a fun tribute to those 12 months that had gone by way too quickly. I think my favorite photo from the bunch would have to be from month 5. Although Henry had always been the sweetest thing, it was right around then when his personality really started to emerge. I love all of them, but that picture is just way too cute.

On a side note, when I do this again for any future kiddos, I will definitely not take them laying down. From 9 months on it was a nightmare to try and get our roly-poly, crawling dude to lay on his back for more than 3 seconds. It was downright impossible and not fun at all. Next time I'm thinking a chair or couch photo would work a lot better.

12monthcollage

25 comments:

  1. Wow, I can see the difference from month one to month 4 then 7 then 12! I didn't know babies grew up so fast! Amazing.

    ♥ Meowwzie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that baby #2 will be just as cute!! :) He is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to take mine sitting up when I start with our little boy next month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetheart (!) - and what a great idea! I love the mish-mash of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a fun idea! your baby boy is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are thinking of another little one too. Maybe the end of this year or so. A little girl sounds fun but so does a little boy so I'm right where you are. I love Henry's month to month collage! I wish I had done that for my son. Definitely next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fun idea! i wish i had done this with my dudes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute!

    did i miss your weaning post? I am about to wean my son and would love some advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy! :)

      You didn't miss it- I decided not to do one. But I'm happy to answer any questions! Let me know!

      xo

      Delete
    2. Im just wondering if I should do it gradually or just stop cold turkey. Ive heard of doing it both ways, Im just scared of the pain if I do it cold turkey! Thanks!

      Delete
  9. It's amazing how what a big difference a month makes! Who knew babies grew and changed so quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cutest idea ever. So wish I'd done something like this. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute idea, I love all of the different patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, my baby is 15 months old today! (the 23rd) How neat is that!? Beautiful photos, I wish I had the time/space/patience to do something like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine will be 15 months of the 25th... I wish I'd done something like this it's so great to have and I love the fabric that you chose. I really want a second baby but I don't think we can swing it yet. I'm totally obsessing though- must be this stage that makes you want another!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute :) I love this idea. I've seen people do chairs before + that's really cute. That's so exciting. My hubby + I have talked about having babies, but we're not trying yet. It's so fun + exciting to think about. A little scary too. We will be married a year in May. I hope you have a girl next ;) Any advice? Would you wait if you were me?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! I didn't realize your Henry was so close in age to my Shelby! I also did month pictures (1-12, 15 and going to do 18 and 24), I did it on a chair and I can say that it isn't much easier! You can check out my blog for the results (baby Shelby tab)! But I will still do it for baby #2 (whenever that is!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The baby photos are so adorable!!! i hope you can have a girl next, she will be very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. He has gotten more and more handsome with every picture! He is a darling boy and you are a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What amazing photos, you have a cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. woo really nice pics you providing very good information congrats and keep it up,, Great job...!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww this is so cute! I wish I had done something like this each month with my little guy but hes already 9 months doh!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips