Monday, February 27, 2012

Henry's first trip to the Zoo!

Today was so much fun. And I'm pretty sure Henry had fun too, although it's kind of hard to tell when you take a 15-month old to the zoo since he can't really say "hey this is SO fun!" But I'm guessing all of his pointing, laughing, and "what's that?" meant he loved it too.  It was a beautiful day (let's ignore the insane wind and focus on the sun!) and we met a handful of my friends and their kiddos for the afternoon. Our group spent a few hours walking around, playing, and snacking. We'd never been to the Phoenix Zoo and after going I think we will probably get an annual pass next fall. There weren't too many animals out today, but we did meet a huge rainbow-bummed baboon and some silly monkeys. We also saw tigers, giraffes, and an elephant, and pet some goats in the petting zoo. All in all, tons of fun. Here are some photos from our day:

Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
Phoenix Zoo, 2/27/12
picnikfile_bnSlTj

30 comments:

  1. You get to brush the goats?! Fun!! Looks like the kids had a great time- how nice to have a group of mom's like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived closer, I want to be friends with you ladies! You are all adorable! Dakota would have loved going to the zoo!

    xo, Meghan
    ahoynative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! i just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great day! I love his outfit, too.. such a cute baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I love the zoo. Great pictures.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can feel the cool, spring breeze just looking at these photos! It's making me miss AZ right now! So glad you got out and enjoyed the weather and the zoo. Looks like so much fun! And if Henry could, I'm sure he would say how much fun he had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Henry looks so cute!!! So do the other little ones!! Such great photos!!! Looks like everyone had a great time at the zoo!!

    Marja,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. My folks are out in PHX and I really loved the zoo lights they have during the holidays. I haven't been since I was pregnant, but I wish we had something similar here in NYC... guess I'll just have to bring my girls to visit grandma this December!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like so much fun. I love the pictures in which the bebes look like they're having deep conversations. Henry is looking SO grown up...and more like you, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos of our fun day Danielle! I love it. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what fun! I love the zoo. My favorite pic is the group shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Henry's poloshirt is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my goodness, these photos are so so adorable! looks like an amazing day.

    www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, you're so lucky to have so many friends with kiddos. we know one other couple, out of our entire group. looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i can't get over that tiny fred perry...holy adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun day!!! I haven't been to the Zoo in ages, but these photos make me want to go again soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun! I love how the babies are in deep conversation mode in some of the pics. Reminds me of the movie Look Who's Talking :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my god! that little Fred Perry is the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had thought you had said in a previous post that you thought zoos were sad?

    "Z. Zoo animal: none. Zoos make me really sad."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon,

      Wow, good memory! I've said that on Twitter too (pretty recently) and was curious if anyone would remind me of this. They do make me sad but I thought it would be fun for Henry so we went, and like I said, I think he had a good time.

      <3

      Delete
  20. I'm dying over the teeny tiny Fred Perry.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats! You have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. To read more about it please visit my blog: http://www.pozniaks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. when I finally get to join my husband to one of his Arizona work trips I want us all to go to the zoo!!!!
    I love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all the babies hanging out together - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Henry's a total chick magnet in these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. awww adorable! I instantly recognized Anita and little Lola! :) Is Neets on blogspot? LOL, we are old LJ friends!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips