Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pieces of Our Weekend

Picnik collage

my wild man tearing across our library // a beautiful sunset from our front porch // Henry's breakfast- he'll eat anything right now and I'm loving it // part one of our bedroom makeover - a new super-cozy all-white bed setup // the face of a boy at Kindermusik class, touching every button on the teacher's CD player as I tell him not to. Of course. ha! // our every-changing mantle // my first night back at the gym, post-food poisoning...I was so excited // an evening walk and a stop at the pond in our neighborhood // early morning comfy, cozy Yo Gabba Gabba in bed

----------

It's been a great weekend and I am so excited about lots of things on the horizon. FOUR of my friends are turning 30 this month (insane right?) but I am really looking forward some great celebrations. I also have some fun dinner ideas to try out and I'm happy to be back in the swing of things. I'm never sick so when I am I feel like it really, really throws me off. Last week was kind of a bust with the whole post-San Francisco illness thing so here's to a healthy week and here's to NOT throwing up. ha.

Oh, and I wanted to write a little about our new bed set up- we originally were going to get the West Elm Cotton Pintuck duvet but then discovered that Target had a remarkably similar one for half the price. We have quite a few WE linens in our home and after seeing both in person I didn't see much difference between Target's version and theirs...so we went for it. I'm totally happy and my wallet is a lot happier too! I've had a lot of feedback on Twitter and Instagram about the bedspread so if you've been lusting over the gorgeous West Elm duvet, totally check out Target's version. 

I'll be back tomorrow with a Music Monday post and a Clean-Eating Challenge wrap up. Until then! xoxo

15 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better now :) Also, lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 30th Birthday to all of you! xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you're feeling better! Henry is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a great weekend! henry is just too cute!

    and i can't wait for music monday...i go back and listen to all your playlists over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! So glad you had a wonderful weekend.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo by the lake, so peaceful x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new bed set up. My husband and I recently moved and we made our bedroom all white - bed frame, bed spread, side tables and bookshelf. It's so lovely waking up in an all white bedroom, it even feels more cozy. Love the touches of mustard though!

    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lake and the sky photos are gorgeous. I'm glad you were able to get a nice weekend after being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos! How do you get them to make a collage like that on your blog? I have been trying to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your new bedspread. I haven't had a white one in years, just red and black. Maybe I'll go back to white soon...

    ReplyDelete
  11. good call on target. sometimes you need to mix it up. splurge on this save on that.
    we do kindermusik too ;) i've done it with all three of my children and they are so passionate about music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that duvet! I have it in white, too, with white and amethyst shams, it makes me ridiculously happy. I hemmed and hawed over which one to get an ultimately went with the West Elm version because I did feel a big difference in the quality of the cotton. If I could do it over...I would prrrrrobably have just gone with Target's version since I don't usually sleep with it so the feel isn't that big of a deal. Making the bed is like a delicate procedure now...if you tug too hard or too fast, POP, the stitches in the pin tucks pop right out. Kind of a bummer, and something to keep in mind for anyone deciding which to get.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how do you like Kindermusik? I got really excited that you posted that, since I'm in the process of becoming a Kindermusik teacher!

    All of your pictures are so full of life and cheerful. I adore this!

    xo.anna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really hate the word - Cheap Home Gym. Why you may wonder? It's really because the word cheap implies low quality to some people. Personally I like the word inexpensive home gym but, the end result is that what we all want is not to spend a lot of money to get the fitness results that we want.

    Drena Plus

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips