Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Today on Hello Giggles: Kids These Days


Good morning! If you're so inclined, so ahead and click over to Hello Giggles to read today's column "Kids These Days." I hope you all are having a great day so far! It's 6:45am here and I just got home from the gym (it was so hard to get up this morning). Henry's still sleeping, Hank's in the shower, and I'm enjoying a big glass of water before our day begins. Last night I was feeling kind of blah, so Hank switched around his early workout so I could go this morning rather than tonight. Sometimes you just need 60 minutes of "me" time, great music, and a hard cardio session to put you in the right mindset. Whenever I find myself getting into a rut I set aside an hour or so in the morning to "sweat it out." I skip weights and just focus on pushing myself on the treadmill, elliptical, stair master, whatever. Without fail I end up leaving the gym feeling 100% better and in the best mood. And because this morning was so hard to actually get myself there, that awesome feeling of leaving the gym, workout done...was that much sweeter.  I'm ready for a good day.

10 comments:

  1. Way to go. It's always the hardest part getting there but once your there so thankful you went. I always find those days the best work out as well, because knew how hard it was to get there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was able to go to the gym every morning... guess I will have to wait till I can drive :)

    I am going to start running in the mornings, cant wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't seem to comment on your article so I thought I'd just comment here...

    This was great advice I just don't know that I'll ever follow! I have so much trouble embracing "the way things are today." My younger brother and I were talking about it a few weeks ago and I asked him what all he has experienced so far in life. He was really only able to name one thing he was proud of and felt like otherwise he basically just plays video games and hangs out on Facebook. I have so many memories that don't involve anything electronic and it makes me sad to think so many "kids these days" don't have that... but I promise to spend my entire day trying to embrace it any ways. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just recently started a new daily workout and I have been noticing an increase in my good moods lately. Getting up first thing in the morning to work out doesn't sound all that appealing but once it's done I have to agree, I feel great and am totally pumped to take on the day. A little "eye of the tiger" pep in my step ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only recently started working out in the morning because the Mister bought me an elliptical machine(getting my butt to the gym before 6 a.m. is nearly impossible.) Anyway, I have to say, working out in the morning is growing on me. I love the extra energy I have during the day and, of course, not having to be anywhere but on my couch in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love working out in the morning. It puts me in such a great mood (even though getting out of bed and getting to the treadmill is not so easy sometimes). I find that I always have more energy during the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You brave soul. LOL! I can't drag myself out of bed that early to save my life. Well, maybe I could, but recently it hasn't been happening. I just might have to try though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your such an inspiration! As a new mom i had found it so hard to get into the swing of working out again but seeing that you go so early and do it even if you don't want to really kicked me into gear! as of now I'm doing 30 days of yoga and mostly practice at night but maybe ill have to try morning workouts sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Hello Giggles columist - that is a pretty impressive gig. Heading across now. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to let you know that I read all of your Hello Giggles columns and I love them. You are such a talented writer and you write with such honesty and sincerity. They are so lucky to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips