Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A little hello/update!

Picnik collage
a whole bunch of randomness- polkadots make everything better // visiting the ducks with  Henry // storytime with Grandpa // visiting Adie at work // books and more books // my go-to dinner, a  sweet potato with cheese and broccoli // my favorite treat, an In-N-Out protein style cheeseburger //  Henry at  our local playplace today, where our playgroup had a fun get together //  getting bloodwork done this afternoon

Happy Pi Day! I actually just exclaimed, "it's Pi Day and we didn't eat any pie!" to my Mom, who is here visiting for a couple of days. I was legitimately upset about it until Hank reminded me that we ate pizza for dinner...which is a pie, right? So all is well again in the world; Pie Day was celebrated.  And speaking of this special "holiday," I can still remember back to all of the wonderful Pi Days I had in college. That sounds so weird- "all of the wonderful Pi Days I had in college" (what?!), but being a Pi Phi, we always celebrated when March 14th came around. I have such fun/funny memories of eating pie in the chapter room with all of my sorority sisters and I still smile thinking back to so many good times we had over those four years. One of these days I'll write more about that experience!

In other news, tomorrow I have to get a cat scan and chest x-ray. Fun, right? To be honest I'm actually relieved to finally be getting some answers, or at least taking action towards getting answers. I talked about being sick a little bit in this post, but since then I haven't felt any better, and my weird symptoms haven't lessened at all either. I don't exactly feel ill; I'm more so just extremely tired all the time, and paired with some other things that are going on I finally decided to see yet another doctor and try and get to the bottom of it. To make a long story short, the doctor was a little concerned with some stuff going on in my neck/throat area and ordered the scans. So that's what I'm doing tomorrow...so think of me at 10:15am!

In other, better, non-illness news, I've had an LA trip planned for months, and this weekend it's finally here. I was a bit worried I wouldn't feel my best, and even though I don't, I'm still going to go and enjoy some relaxation time with girlfriends. This trip was planned way before the method San Francisco trip came about and I feel guilty leaving again so soon, but I am going to just enjoy my time and focus on not wondering about the results of the tests I'll get back next week.  We have a fun weekend ahead of us- lots of touristy things, good food, and most of all, great quality girl time with two of my favorite people. Someone just please tell my body to not be tired or feel out of it, because I've got plans!

Some other things I'm loving right now: my Mom being in town (I wish my parents lived closer), the Bachelor finale (I actually ended up liking Courtney), and the new Trader Joe's in town (I've already gone twice).

As for now, I am headed off to bed. My Mom, Henry and I are going food shopping in the morning to get some chili-making supplies, I have my radiologist appointment, and then I am looking forward to some outdoor time. I'm hoping for a beautiful day, and I hope you have one too!

25 comments:

  1. Aw, I know testing can be so scary. Prayers are with you. I am dealing with similar issues due to the lump I found in my neck, so far I've just had an ultrasound though, no cat scan. Good luck tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather!

      Thank you so much for that...us and our silly necks. I'll be sending you positive thoughts too!

      <3

      Delete
  2. Definitely sending you good thoughts and praying the tests yield some sort of answers for you. I went through a health-scare and its resulting tests almost 3 years ago—as scary as the tests (and necessary procedures) were, it was all worth it in the end. Our health is so important...good health is such a blessing. Here's hoping yours rebounds soon! Enjoy your girl-time in LA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you have the most wonderful time in LA! I will be sending so many good thoughts your way tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending you tons of positive vibes and I hope that you feel better very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kerri. I really appreciate it! :D

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear you still aren't well--I hope you get some answers soon! <3<3 Lots of love and good vibes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caitlin. You're the best. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Polka dots really do make everything better. I've had a shotty week, so I bought a dress similar to your shirt and instantly felt better. Your go to dinner looks amazing, I've lately been getting so frustrated with dinner suggestions, I'm going to make this for dinner tonight or tomorrow.

    Hope your weekend away is awesome and your tests come back all clear. Try not to worry about it too much while you're away.

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, sweets! Have them check your thyroid if they haven't already. I have hypothyroidism and before I started taking my meds (which I hate taking ANY kind of), I was TIRED. My body was sore and I felt off. Thyroids deal with hormones and are located on the lower neck, so it seems like it might fit! If you have Hypothyroidism like I do, all you do is a take a tiny pill every day when you first wake up. Easy-peasy. And I feel waaaaaay back to normal. :)

    If you've never had a CT scan before, I just want to tell you a bit about them. You'll change into a gown and take off all metal things in the area where you're to be scanned. Bring fuzzy socks to wear! If you have to drink "contrast" you'll have to do that prior to the test (and I'm sure they've told you all this). It tastes like crap, but you just do it because you have to. If you have to have IV contrast, too, they'll put an IV in and inject you with a liquid right before the real scan (they do a quick rehearsal first). The liquid can make you feel VERY flushed and like you've peed your pants, but it's not too bad. Some people get queezy. Not many, though. Just drink lots of water to flush your system out afterwards. If you don't have to have contrast, you'll just have the scan. You lay on a bed/ board type thing that will move into a "donut" shaped machine. The scan takes literally like 30 seconds. It doesn't hurt and all you have to do is hold your breath when the machine tell you too! If you're cold, ask for a blanket - they might even have warm ones!

    That's all!

    Chest x-ray are cake. I'm sure you've had one before! You'll have to wear a gown, but it's literally an in-out type thing.

    They should have you results in the next few days!

    Sending so much love!! I know it might seem scary, but the tests will be done before you know it.

    xo,
    Violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have to drink contrast, try to get a cup with those little tiny pieces of ice in it. You have to drink a TON and it's so much better (still gross) cold! Good luck!

      Delete
  8. Best wishes for tomorrow! And good for you for not just ignoring the symptoms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!i think the tests and not knowing what's going on is the worst. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Danielle, Im so sorry you are having these issues! Unknown symptoms are the absolute worst!! Im glad to see that you are able to get yourself a CT scan, xrays and bloodwork- those should def give you some answers. I will surely be sending you positive thoughts (and prayers too, even though I know you're not a prayer, lol). Enjoy your girls trip! LA is super fun (to visit) and I know you'll have a blast! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope everything goes well and that it isn't anything serious. You'll be in my thoughts...
    Have a good LA trip too, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I texted my fiance last night at 11, upset that it was pie day and I had zero pieces of pie!
    Good luck with everything today! I hope you get some answers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that whatever news the test results bring will just be good news. Thinking of you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you feel better soon and get some answers,too. Enjoy your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry you're going through this scary time of health uncertainty. Sending positive thoughts your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. nobody commented on how you like Courtney from the Bachelor, haha. Are you nuts? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. For what it's worth... medical testing makes me all kinds of freaked-out... glad to see the results were fine... but that there are more coming. Will be thinking of you. Those darn thyroids... mine is a real treasure too :) Hope you enjoy your weekend away. It's hard to go, go... but you need/deserve some non-work get away time too :) Enjoy it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey lady, this is a random comment to this post but being that you have talked to people all over for Tattoo Tuesdays I was wondering if you had any suggestions of tattoo shops in Northern California?!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips