Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An Afternoon with Henry

Yesterday was one of those days where things everything we had planned fell through, so I took my little gentleman and myself out for tea and treats and an afternoon stroll, just the two of us. I like to pretend that Henry knew that we were on a special mama and son date, even though I know all of his concentration was fixated on the peanut butter and jelly bar we shared outside, under a beautiful purple-blossomed tree. The weather was just right- not too sunny for walking and not too cloudy where you feel like it might rain at any moment. It was beautiful. Spring is just starting to show itself around these parts and I couldn't be happier.

We walked and talked, Henry a little less coherently, but still understandable at times (up! Mama! I want!), and we enjoyed looking at all the dogs and the people and the almost-green grass. It smelled like rain and felt like spring, and Henry was all smiles and scrunched-up-nose laughter.

After an hour or so we headed back to the car, packed up, and headed home so the little guy could take his second nap. When we got back, I put Henry down in his crib and sat on the couch for a moment, thinking about how much fun we had, and imagining how much more fun these days will be the older he gets. Have I mentioned lately how much I love being the mama of a boy? Because I do. It's the very best thing in the entire world.

Picnik collage2
Untitled
Picnik collage4
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Downtown with Henry, 4/10/12
Picnik collage1
DSC_0230 edit

31 comments:

  1. Danielle, these photos are so sweet! I think these little days with no specific plans in mind are some of the most fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post :) My little guy will be a whole month old on Thursday and I'm already wondering where the time has gone! I can't wait for Mommy & Noah dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bless, that last photo is beautiful, Danielle. Glad that you and Henry had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really is such a sweet boy!!
    Looks like you two had a fantastic day together!
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuuuute, I love that last photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although plans fell through, this seems like the perfect day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! Being a mom to a little boy is the best for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember lovely days spent like this with my baby boy, he's nine and a half now and we still do it, yesterday was a cinema and cake date, we had a fab time, lots of love, meli x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh he looks like he was having a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post....and H still takes 2 naps?! Jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw the photo's of him laughing are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it's sounds like a beautiful day!
    You make me want to become a mom some day. Definitely :)

    xo Sari

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet. I love all of the pictures and the idea of your afternoon is so refreshing. I need to take a few separate moments with my baby girl - I want to stock pile the memories.

    By the way, I found your blog via @mangomoon7 - such a great recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. He has the cutest smile! You guys look like you had such a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. there really is nothing like a day out with mama!

    p.s. your guy's teeth are the best thing that have ever happened...

    ReplyDelete
  16. All of these pictures are great, especially the last one! It's one you both will cherish for years to come.

    p.s. I loved your being vain and weird & silly post. I can so relate! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well this made me all teary. I'm probably too emotional this morning already, but geeze, I can't wait for this.

    Beautiful mama.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Henry has the most contagious smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. those kind of days are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a perfect afternoon! : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable! I can't wait to have beautiful afternoons like that with my future babies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. awe I wish we were there with you, taking Judah and Henry on a walk. Its the best thing in the world, being a mama to a boy. I bet when Henry grows up he will have fond memories of his mama and Henry dates, just walking around, enjoying a snack being outside. I bet he grows up to love walks because of his dates with you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sweet! I loved this... my son is the same age and we have the exact same stroller and the turquoise version of those Tom's shoes- we both have good taste! My little guy is such a peanut though, Henry looks much bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your blog....makes me so excited to have a family one day!!!!
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  25. you are always beautiful Dannie, and Henry is so adorable and those pictures are so inspiring for me to have one great afternoon with my son too..

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been to that square! My husband went to the aeronautical university for a year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips