Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

Today was just...lovely. It's really the perfect word to describe today. It was a busy one, but a good one, and now I'm sitting here with a full belly and a tired head, but I don't feel sick from Mini Cadbury Egg-overload like most years past, so I'd say that's a success!

Henry woke up around 7am and we did Easter here. He was really excited as soon as I said the word "presents" and had a good time exploring all of the little things we had picked out for his basket. We gave him a bunch of small items like snacks, coloring/reading books, and a couple special toys, and then also got him one "bigger" item- a mini bowling set. He had a great time with it.

After we did "our" Easter, we went on a family walk around our neighborhood (today was beautiful!) and then got ready for brunch at my mother-in-law's, which was totally decadent and delicious as usual. We spent most of the day in the front yard, Henry chasing bubbles and beach balls, and running around in the grass with his Aunt Brooke. Then later tonight we spent time with Hank's Dad and family and had a great time too. I feel lucky we have so much family surrounding us, and it's days like today I feel extra grateful for them. :)

We you celebrated Easter today or not, I hope your Sunday was wonderful! Here are some photos from ours.

and p.s. what a difference a year makes, right?!

Easter 2012
Easter 2012
Easter 2012
Easter 2012
Picnik collage
Easter 2012
Easter 2012
Picnik collage2
Easter 2012
Untitled
Easter 2012
Picnik collage3
Easter 2012
Picnik collage4
Easter 2012
Picnik collage6
Easter 2012
Easter 2012
Easter 2012
Easter 2012
Easter 2012

25 comments:

  1. Aw!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day. Family can be so, so amazing... You're very lucky! Jen and I had our own little Easter and I'll admit, Easter is one holiday that puts me into full-on baby fever mode. I love little Easter Baskets for kids. Meep!

    I hope your new week starts off and ends just as lovely as this day! :)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! :) I'm so happy you and Jen had a great day too!

      Have the best week!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Henry's getting so much bigger! Happy Easter from Tennessee! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I know, right?! It's blowing my mind, especially looking back at last year's photos. Happy Easter to you too! <3

      Delete
  3. Looks like you all had a great day! Henry is SO adorable in his little plaid shirt! So crazy to see how much he's grown in the past year. Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And happy Easter to you too!

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! I think Henry's little chair is soooo adorable. Where was it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne!
      Thank you! :) The chair is from Babies R Us.
      <3

      Delete
  5. These pictures are adorable! That weather looks amazing, it was raining all day long here for our Easter!!
    Henry is such a sweet things, he sure has changed in the last year!
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man the weather here has been SO up and down that today was such a treat. So I feel you on the rainy day stuff. Hopefully you get some sunshine this week!

      Delete
  6. Love the sugar free gifts for lil henry!
    Such a good idea.
    Happy Easter
    :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you all had a great day! Henry looks so cute! x Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every time I see Henry I can't help but think he has THE BEST cheeks. They must be so great to smooch! If I were his aunt, he would probably end up hating me because of it, haha. :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Henry is so adorable! I love his bowling pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a perfect day right there. I think it's so lovely that you have so much family around. I only get to see my family every couple of month and even then it usually is pretty busy and short lived. Someday when I have a family I would love to live closer to all my family again. Family is just so SO important. So happy you had a great day!

    I Love his little bowling set! That is such a cool thing!

    My nephew used to go around watering all the plants at that stage too. I always thought it was the cutest thing ever! we used to call him our gardener. He loved to help pull vines and sort stuff in the garden.....always watering, watering, watering the plants :) So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discovered your blog last week and love your stories and pictures! It's so fun to find another blog of a cute couple and adorable little runt about the same age as my own blondie :) I, too, am an English teacher, considering stay-at-home mama after the amazing lab school I teach at is closing in June. Blogging is such a creative outlet and the support system of other moms/writers out there is endless!

    P.S. I love Henry's red Toms! Was thinking of ordering a pair for my Cruz - does he like 'em?

    Have a great week :)

    Ashley

    Jorgensen Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww. Looks like such a sweet day. I love the pictures of you guys in the morning. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw looks like you had so much fun! I'm really jealous of Henrys pyjamas haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. such cute pics, Henry's hair is getting so long! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Danielle! So funny, I wrote you on instagram a few weeks ago about how I was on vacation with Rachel from method... And then tonight I was reading your blog and all of a sudden saw Brooke Hampton!!! I went to school with her. So crazy :) i feel like I'm connected to you in little ways haha. So!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh your Henry is such a cutie!
    Love your pictures. It seems like such an amazing day!

    Enjoy your week :)
    Love, Sari

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips