Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Favorite Things: Instagram Fun (psst...it's on Android now too!)

Untitled

By noon today everyone I knew in the entire world had signed up for Instagram. Well, not everyone. But A LOT of friends and family. Lucky for them the wonderful, fantastic photo app Instagram made its way to Android users.  I've talked a lot about IG here, but I thought I would share a quick list of some of my favorite, extra things to do with the app.  I'm so excited to be able to connect with so many more people, so if you're on Instagram, come say hi- my user name is danihampton!

Here's my list of favorite IG add-ons:

1. Stickygram

This is probably my most favorite thing you can do with your Instagram photos...put them on magnets! Stickygrams are great quality and make wonderful gifts for friends and family. I've sent sets of Henry to my parents, and thought it would be such a cute idea after a big event too. And right now Stickygram is having a buy one, get one half off sale with code: EASTEREMAIL. Good until the 9th.

for the StickyGram giveaway on my blog today



2. Blurb books

Blurb makes printing your IG photos into a book so, so easy. You simply log into Instagram via their website and choose which photos, layout, and words you'd like to include. This is a great option for a baby book or just a fun photo album. Blurb books are absolutely beautiful too.

3. Canvas Pop

This site prints your IG photos right onto a square-sized canvas that actually look great! We have a few in our home and I highly recommend them for a fun little pop of fun.

Untitled

4. Postal Pix

This service allows you to print your Instagram pics right from your phone. I love that you can choose the size, especially since Instagram pics are square and be tricky to order at places like Costco. I just ordered a ton to make a fun collage in Henry's room and I'm hoping to get some more and make little albums of fun events I've documented via IG.

5. Postagram

I LOVE this app. It's simple and quick, and in a minute's time you can send a postcard to anyone, anywhere for just .99 cents! It does all the hard work for you...all you do is choose a photo and write a message. So neat.


Untitled

Happy Instagramming!

38 comments:

  1. yeay!!! i didn't know about this. i'm so downloading it! finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy mother of GOD, you are my new favorite person. Do you have any idea how long I have been waiting for Android to have Instagram? I am so so so so so excited. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Danielle! I didn't know about these sites, and Im excited to use them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just ordered 3 sheets from stickygram! Thank you for sharing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! IG is the best! I love my Stickygrams, I did not know about the canvas's though Im going to look into it right now!
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. On Android? FINALLY I can play along with the cool kids! Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw, i love instagram but have never seen any of these options before. I'm dying to make a book now... Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i joined the instagram fun yesterday, can't wait to start using it more :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so addicted to instagram - there is no such thing like a wasted photo.

    I'm mollymonkeys on instagram.

    Like the magnet-thing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally it's there. My android device and me are realy happy and addicted already! ;) Love all the tips above and definitely gonna try them. Love the magnets and the Postal pix!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Love, Sari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing! I knew about Stickygrams but good to know about the other add ons too =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just impulse bought StickyGrams while reading this post. I used the 'HELLOANDROID' discount code and got 15% off my order, Even though I have an iPhone. Sneaky Sneaky. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay I'm so glad it's on Android now! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy its finally here for the android. I've been so jealous off all Iphone users for this exact reason. Thanks for sharing all the different app add-ons. I can't wait to make some magnets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the heads up on Postagram! That's such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I literally just downloaded it like 30 minutes ago! Thanks for sharing these extra cool things you can do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh!! Thanks for the recommendations on the canvas prints. I've had instagram for quite some time now, but being able to turn some of my favorites into canvas is great. <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cool- I didn't know about a few of these. I've been thinking about the 'stickygram' for a while but have been nervous that they'd be too small. I don't know why I love instagram so much but it's addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing. I knew nothing about instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so happy to be a new Instagram follower =) Thanks for sharing these ad-ons. Those magnets are soo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i didn't know about canvas pop! thanks for sharing :) my user name is @dailydoily :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that canvas idea! I just have a junky tracfone so it's not for me, but if I ever got a smartphone I'd love to have that app!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have an Android phone and just got Instagram yesterday. This post is super informative for me, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love instagram - it's so addictive! The canvas idea is great.

    ReplyDelete
  25. this post was so awesome -- i've had instagram on my iphone since october & i didn't know about these, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for sharing! I'm really excited about canvas pop - definitely going to order one!

    ReplyDelete
  27. All of my friends that didn't have an iphone would trash instragam, but now that they can have it they all signed up haha!

    my name is littlexlynn on it

    ReplyDelete
  28. My Android market isn't showing it! D:

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the magnets!! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have instagram... but it doesn't really work on my android : ( who knows why. .. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow - thanks for these. I've got an Android phone and have just started Instagramming, so I'll definately be paying those sites a visit!

    Great blog btw!

    http://edenfound.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I don't have a smart phone... neither does my husband. Neither do my parents, actually. I don't really know anyone who does... I think my sister does but she lives across the country, haha.

    I'd love one, but I don't really go anywhere and all I really need to do is use my laptop so I just... I feel that it'd be silly to pay so much for something I can't really justify.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Excellent! I'm so into Instagram. :) Now I can do even more with it. Dangerous... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I remember some day when I made stickygram with my girlfriend.
    It was nice moment hehe. I was also upload them to my blog www.tyviral.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Instagram is sooo addicitng. More so than any other network I think. If you want more Free Instagram Followers check out the link. Works great.

    ReplyDelete