Sunday, April 22, 2012

a Friday hike

Friday's weather was perfect- sunny, warm, and Adie and I had a whole afternoon to kill, so we headed up the mountain on a little hike. I decided to take Henry in the stroller this time and it was pretty difficult to maneuver (about halfway up Adie and were rethinking this bright decision), so I don't think we'll try it that way again. But regardless it was the most beautiful day and I was happy to spend it with my sweet friend, girl-talking while surrounded by such beauty. I probably say it once a day but I LOVE where we live. To me, it's perfect, and days like Friday only remind me of this. I am looking forward to a summer filled with adventures and lots of time spent exploring our beautiful Arizona scenery.

Here are a few pictures from our afternoon-

Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12 Thumb Butte Hike, 4/20/12

21 comments:

  1. oh my god! that smile!! that last picture is seriously good for the soul. and hiking with babies? I've yet to find the right way to do it. Difficult with strollers and H O T in carriers. Maybe the right way is strictly in spring and fall? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous day for a hike. Henry is growing up so fast! What a cutie! When you go hiking with the stroller, do you have a special stroller or tires for it? Just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miranda! :)

      We have the BOB Revolution with the big heavy-duty tires so it's good for hiking and what not!

      Delete
  3. LOVE Henry's smile!
    You guys have the best weather and fun things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This hike looks wonderful! What is the weather like there in the winter?

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seasonal here, so it snows! <3

      Delete
  5. This hike looks amazing! Where in Arizona is it? Northern? I live in Scottsdale and I don't think I've seen trees like that around these parts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heyyy Thumb Butte! That was my first Arizona activity when I was there. A very nice, mellow hike. Glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to visit Arizona thanks to so many wonderful bloggers that post their beauty! Love this post! The last pic is epic. His smile is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bad "face" day? Why no pictures of your smiling face? Beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great day in a beautiful place - Henry looks like he's having fun too! (We have a double BOB stroller - aren't they the best?)

    xo
    cortnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love hiking on the weekends! It looks like you have some beautiful areas to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous day! I love Arizona, especially Sedona and Jerome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, great that you have decided to go out with the baby! the place looks amazing!

      Greets,
      Holiday Rentals Saas Fee

      Delete
  12. What an awesome way to spend a day! Looks like so much fun. Also, props to you for hiking with the carriage....

    ReplyDelete
  13. This forest looks so beautiful. reminds me when i lived in the Vermont.

    Im following you since 2years maybe. and ive always wanted to tell you how lovely is your smile ;)

    ps: sorry my blog is in french :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips