Monday, April 9, 2012

Our Weekend, on a Monday

Yesterday was about all things Easter, but the rest of the weekend was pretty awesome too. I know this is going to come across as sounding really silly...but once this time of the year rolls around I start to feel so ALIVE. Like "Sound of Music" singing in the hills alive. Not even kidding. I react a bit to seasonal changes, so as soon as it warms up and we're able to spend more time outdoors I always feel happier. Pair that with being sick for a couple of weeks and now feeling better, and then my wisdom teeth being done and over with, I'm positively giddy about just enjoying every day.

Untitled

My weekend started early this week and on Thursday night Adie and I went and saw Titanic in 3D. It was magnificent. Really and truly. I'm already so in love with Leo and Kate, but to see them together once more on the big screen, and to experience one of my favorite movies in 3D was way too awesome. There were a lot of teenagers in there and Adie and I couldn't help but wonder if this was the first time they'd ever seen it, and if they thought it was beautiful or cheesy. I was so tempted to stop a group and ask them, but didn't want to be a weird stranger over-enthusiastically asking questions so I held back. ;)

111Picnik collage

Friday morning Henry and I met two friends and their little ones for a downtown stroll. It was such a good time and so nice to spend the morning chit chatting while getting in some exercise too! Afterward Adie came over and we hung out all day, and later that night we all met the Peters' family who was in town for the evening and had our usual Mexican food fest at Hugo's. After dinner I rolled our overly-full selves home, put Henry to sleep, and went to bed early myself while Hank went out for a wild night with his friends! It's funny to me because although he doesn't drink, his friends do, so he always has the best stories and memories from their nights out. It was our friend Dustin's 29th and as usual, craziness ensued, and I had a good time hearing all the details the next day.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Saturday morning I got up and met my friend for a 90 minute hot yoga class at a local studio I hadn't tried yet and ended up LOVING it. It's exactly what I was hoping to find, and I was really, really surprised. Later on I got to have a little afternoon date with Hank thanks to my in-laws. We finally saw The Hunger Games (see my excited pre-movie photo below), and we both ended up really, really loving it. I've read all the books but Hank had no idea what it was even about, and we both said "wow" at the end and truly enjoyed it. I thought it was so well-done and I am anxiously awaiting the next one. The rest of the day was spent running errands- Target and Trader Joe's- and it was another early night!

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This weekend was just what I needed to snap me out of this weird mood I've been carrying around with me. I'd call it a funk but it was a bit deeper than that, so I am extra grateful I was able to spend time with so many people I love. That's always the thing that helps me the most when I feel down- I have to get out of the little box I'm in and remember that there's a whole world out there, a bigger picture, so many more important things to focus on.  I hope you had a great weekend too! And if you didn't, luckily there's another one right around the corner. <3

35 comments:

  1. The last pictures are too cute, love the one especially of him wearing the sunglasses!!

    Hot yoga is so much fun! I started doing more hot yoga even though I love my regular room temperature yoga but I find it's easy for me to get into some poses mainly, I also tend to find other peoples that are struggling.You feel so good afterward! Do you do other types of yoga?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hanny!

      I used to take other yoga classes and I took prenatal yoga while pregnant, but for now I think I am going to stick to hot yoga. I just love it! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to see Titanic in 3D, but out movie theater is a tiny, independently owned theater that doesn't have 3D movies. Too bad.

    And I hear you about the seasonal changes. It still kind of cool here, but the sun is out, the birds are chirping and I love just standing out front with our dogs feeling the sun on my skin without having to wear boots and a heavy coat to block out the cold.

    Sounds like your weekend was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! To be honest the 3D didn't add THAT much. It was more of a subtle 3D experience, at least I thought so!

      Have the best week...full of sunshine! <3

      Delete
  3. I just adore yoga!! Especially when they turn the heat up. It always pulls me out of a funk and just makes everything better! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe this weekend sounded like exactly what your sweet soul needed!
    Okay was the titanic even more emotional in 3D??? I want to see it but I know I will be bawling my eyes out. I might just take my next door neighbors high school daughter with me ha
    PS Henry keeps getting cuter and cuter each day. Im especially loving his hair and sweet cheeks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! Yes I thought it was a lot more emotional - especially since you see everyone dying...in 3D! :(

      Adie and I cried like crazy but really loved it. <3

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see titanic in 3D! - wondering if it's too mean to take my uninterested boyfriend for his birthday? Ahah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Hank refused to go- he's actually never seen it! ;)

      Delete
  6. what a fun weekend! i just started following you on instagram (YAY for it being on android now!) and love all the cute photos of henry. i can't wait for my little one to be here to take photos of!
    i'm exactly like you.. when the weather starts getting warmer, it makes me feel sooooo happy and excited.

    http://cinnamon-g1rl.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Don't you love IG?! It's my favorite thing about the internet.

      Delete
  7. Just curious - why doesn't Hank drink? Do you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel!

      Hank doesn't drink because he's straight edge. I feel silly linking a wikipedia article about it but if you don't know what it is you can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

      He's considered himself to be straight edge since he was about 13 and has no interest in alcohol, but doesn't care if others do obviously. It's just not for him.

      As for me, I drink maybe once or twice a year if the mood strikes but I don't like it very much. I had my fill of drinking in high school and college but now I don't really see the appeal! I still like to go out though, and will often have girls' nights out at bars or out dancing and just drink water. I have just as much fun without it, and I love waking up clear-headed and feeling good, rather than hung over.

      Long answer for a short question! :)

      xoxo
      D.

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for responding. You are always so sweet and polite to your readers. I have heard of straight edge - good for you guys on living such a healthy lifestyle! I hope you have a great week.

      Delete
  8. Glad you had a great Easter and a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you did too <3

      Delete
    2. I did thanks! Very relaxing and Easter-y and full of candy, just how I like it!

      Delete
  9. I am so glad the weekend brought you out of your funk. I seemed to have been in one too, and my parents came for a surprise visit from out of state! Hooray for beating out of the box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so adorable! I'm glad this weekend was great - I can't wait to pop this little nugget out so I can get back to Bikram Yoga too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I die over Henry in sunglasses...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to see Titanic 3D...I'm thinking I might enjoy going to see it on my own :) I'm so glad spring is here too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS I thought this article was funny/possibly accurate, ha: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brooke-carey/titanic_b_1408336.html?ref=women

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should have totally asked a group. I'd love to hear their opinion and if it was their 1st time seeing it :D

    I am so glad you are out of your 'funk'. I've been there... no bueno at all... And it seems if you aren't feeling well health wise it makes the funk literally 100x worse.

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks like you guys had a fantastic weekend. so glad you guys enjoyed HG! i loved the books and the movie and cannot wait for my fiance to finally see it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. (1) I have to see Titanic in 3D. (2) Nothing like hot yoga. (3) Henry's chubby cheeks!<3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww... Henry is turning into quite a looker! :) Glad you had a great weekend... mine was spent with my visiting moma doing yardwork... feels great to cross some things off the ole to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for being so honest in your posts! I get down sometimes too and it's nice to see other people share what works for them. You have a great little family and an adorable life; thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure you probably know this already since you're so healthy, but making sure you get enough Vitamin D during the winter months can help with that "winter funk". I'm from Montana and my seasonal affective disorder was getting worse each year. They put me on a high, prescription dose of Vitamin D once a week, as well as daily supplements. I really noticed it helped with my mood. I'm sure you wouldn't need as much since you don't have as much snow and cold as we do, but I bet it might help some!
    Abby
    beekneelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. These photos are beautiful! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. we have that highchair, sippy, and similar kitchen :) kinda funny seeing another baby looking exactly like mine does every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. okay, your blog is absolutely beyond adorable!!! and your little family is just precious!
    i really hope to see titanic in theatre's soon. nothing surpasses rose and jack. and don't worry, this won't be the first time i've seen it. and it's definitely NOT cheesy! ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so hoping I can go see Titanic. I am really dorking out about it. I would have liked to know what the young ones thought but if they thought it was cheesy I'd probably feel sad for them. It's sooo romantic... or at least I thought it was when I was their age.

    Kacie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm really sorry to tell you this (and was devastated too) but apparently the Hunger Games director has quit working on the next film because they're trying to rush it's release and he feels they won't be able to produce a good film with that kind of time pressure. I'm trying hard not to get too excited...but I really want it to be as good as the first!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips