Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tattoo Tuesday V.117


Name and blog name: My name is Sarah, and my blog is thetattooedthrifter.blogspot.com…..maybe this will get me to blog consistently!

Age: 22

Occupation: Barista and Esthetician

Age of first tattoo: 18

Favorite tattoo: They’re all my babies, I can’t pick just one!

Featured tattoo/location: I’ll go with my most recent piece, my tribute to The Smiths on my left inner forearm.

Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Done by the amazing Zack Spurlock at Anonymous Tattoo in Savannah, GA.


1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? 

The Smiths have been my favorite band for what seems like forever, and I’ve wanted to get a tattoo incorporating the lyric “My Faith in Love is Still Devout” from the song Rusholme Ruffians, my favorite song by The Smiths. I still wanted the tattoo to have a colorful and traditional vibe to it so I got the script around a heart lock and key. Although it’s not 100% completed, I’d say it’s a pretty killer piece and I love it!

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

Yes! I have several other tattoos. My half sleeve on my right forearm incorporates three Matryoshka dolls (lovingly named Gerta, Helga, and Olga by my tattoo artist), a butterfly with a diamond center, and flowers. My right forearm has a rose and the above-mentioned Smiths tattoo. I have a gypsy woman’s head on my back, a pink bow on my right middle finger, a tulip behind my left ear and a heart behind my right ear.





3) Do you plan on getting more?

Of course! I have had an obsession with tattoos since childhood and got one the second I turned 18. I’m constantly planning on what I’m going to get next, and if money was no object I would probably have several more. But only getting a few each year makes it feel more like an event so there are benefits to being broke!



3) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos?

My parents were none too thrilled when I came home with my first tattoo (my dad called me a biker chick in training, it wasn’t meant as a compliment), but they’ve gotten to the point where they don’t really put up a fuss when I come home with them. My mom actually thinks they’re pretty, she just wishes they weren’t on me. My friends love my tattoos and have nothing but positive things to say about them. I without a doubt have the most artwork out of all of them! I can’t say that I’ve run into too much adversity or negativity. I don’t make any effort to hide them and I have no problem explaining to people what they are and why I get them. I’ve had a few rude comments from older people about how I’m so pretty except for my tattoos/I’ve ruined my body forever, and one guy who comes into my work always offers to pay for me to get them lasered off. It takes a lot to insult me and I fully believe that people have the right to their own opinion so I don’t let it bother me much. Most people are just curious, and for the most part I get a lot of compliments about how beautiful and creative my tattoos are. My old lady customers LOVE my Matryoshka dolls! I’ve actually received a few of them as gifts because people remember me by those tattoos.

As far as a significant other, I’m currently single! But I have dated people with and without tattoos and it doesn’t really make much of a difference to me. I do find tattoos VERY attractive; they enhance everything about a person in my book!



4) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

If you are ready to take the plunge, do it! You only have one body and one lifetime, so why not have some fun? Tattoos are a beautiful form of self expression, and it is amazing to look down at a piece of art that you know you’ll have forever. The one bit of advice that I do tell everyone is that you really need to pick an artist who fits your vision. Look at portfolios, go to the shop and talk to the different artists. You want your tattoo to look amazing, and a good artist will help you design the perfect piece. Tattooing is an experience, enjoy it!

18 comments:

  1. I love the dolls...but I especially love the lock and key with The Smiths lyrics...so much so, I listened to the song directly.

    Sarah is such a cutie too!

    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you can clearly "hear" someones voice through a post. She seems like such a positive and fun person. Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get the same feeling!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Awesome tattoos! And what a pretty little lady too! I just checked out the blog she said she never updates and yeah, okay, the posts are few and far between but they're funny as hell - I'm sold. I'm now following her blog on Bloglovin so hopefully she will start posting more often like she says she might :)

    Thanks Danielle - another awesome Tattoo Tuesday. I'm so itching for my next tattoo (the first big one) but since I'm preggers it won't be happening till later on next year. But you keep me inspired and thinking about it, so when the time finally comes I'll know exactly where I'm going with it.

    Love from Viv in Australia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! Especially the dainty little bow on the finger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Matryoshka Dolls are beautiful! I can't wait to check out her blog.
    Another great tattoo tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I LOVE the Matryoshka dolls!
    The design, the colors, the spot.
    Sarah, your sleeve is amazing!

    xo Sari

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little bow and the matryoshka dolls! All of them are fantastic tattoos really!

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tattoos - the colors are so vibrant and crisp on your skin. Wonderful!
    I want to get more but I'm worried about having visible tattoos for work. That (and money) are my only hesitations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so awesome when an 18 year old starts out going to a good tattoo artist like she obviously did, then they don't have to go through that whole "crappy tattoo" phase a lot of people go through. Awesome matroyshkas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this Tattoo Tuesday! So genuine and her tattoos are great! Also, like someone said above, her blog is so good! I'mma follow now, too, in hopes that she updates more :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely great tattoos. My favourite is the little bow on the finger, although I'm usually not a fan of finger tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel McAdams, much? Sarah's smile and her tattoos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your tattoos :D I want to get a tattoo this year, good luck for me

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bright colors and sharp lines! Also, I hope that having her blog linked results in more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Lord. I also happen to be single and 22...and you are ridiculously attractive. Wonderful art as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love! I believe this tattoo tuesday lives in the same town as me! Such a small world!! Love the dolls! Such a unique and fun person!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice opinion.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips