Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Method of the Month: Say No to Jugs!




Another month, another rad video to share. This time we're learning all about method's laundry detergent, and I promise you, from my very own experience, the "free & clear" method detergent has been the best I've ever used.

I love it for a few reasons:

1. I have a strange hatred for certain household tasks, one of them being using that little cup when pouring detergent into the machine. It gets so messy, and with the number hidden inside you never know how much you really need. It bothers me how sneaky they are with those big cups and the actual detergent needed being only a small fraction of it. I'm willing to bet that most people don't even pay attention to the little line conveniently placed inside the big cup, using way too much detergent...and in turn buying way too much detergent. But method has solved my hatred of that little cup problem with their four-pump bottle! Simply pump it four times and voilĂ ! Your laundry is on its way to being super clean.

2. My clothes feel cleaner, and I feel better using something non-toxic to do it. As much as I'd like to tell you we've always used environmentally friendly detergents, I can't. Before trying out the method detergent I'd always been a Tide kind of girl. My Mom used it, my Grandma used it, it's what I knew. But because I was doing this new thing with method, I thought I should try it out...and I'm so happy I had an open-mind. Sponsored posts and what not aside, method is THE best detergent I've used. I love it.

3. The bottle. It's small, it's cute, and it fits so nicely up above our washer and dryer- much better than the huge jug 'o detergent we had up there before. When I was a college student I would have LOVED this little bottle. I have some not-so-fond memories of trying to wrangle a huge bottle of Tide plus a huge laundry basket down eight floors to the laundry room. I'd always spill some on my clean clothes, and it was just the biggest pain ever. method where were you back in 2000 when my freshman self needed you, huh?

4. This video. I think having a fun little song to hum while doing the laundry is always fun, and I especially like the end of this one.




And I have some good news for all of you - you have three ways to get some free and almost-free method laundry detergent:

1. Visit method's Facebook and enter to win some awesome prizes- one person will win a year’s supply of Method detergent, and 25 people will win laundry starter kits (two 8-load bottles). This is a photo contest, and method wants to see who or what makes doing laundry without method such a chore. Check out the rules and requirements for more info.

2. $2 off coupon- Every Thursday for the month of May, there will be a $2.00 off coupon for method Laundry Detergent on method's Facebook perks tab. And for my Canadian readers, instead of printing the physical coupon, you can get $2 off Method products available here using the discount code "WASHME."

3. And finally, if you one of the first 10 commenters down below, method will send you a free laundry starter kit. Awesome, right? (be sure to leave your email address).

Yay for clean that doesn't make you feel all dirty.



*post sponsored by method but all opinions expressed are my own. I still haven't met a method product I haven't loved! 

39 comments:

  1. I hate pouring the detergent in the cap. It goes EVERYWHERE

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a must try. i need to use up the washing detergrant i have. & then i will do so. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the cup! this product looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A free laundry starter kit? Sign me up!

    No really though, the jug is the worst part of laundry. And I'm glad you mentioned a free + clear formula too, scented stuff makes me break out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Method granite cleaner is my daily lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try out the method laundry detergent - thanks for the review, Dani. :) ashley.miracle {at} gmail {dot} com

      Delete
  6. Awesome, awesome! i want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in an apt and this would be so much easier =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use all their bathroom cleaners and A/P cleaners but I haven't tried their laundry soap though.

    I did not know it was a pump! That makes a HUGE difference! I HATE HATE HATE the cap, don't even use it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. How awesome! I'm a tide girl, too, but I hate how much detergent is always left in the laundry after the cycle. And when the detergent gets all over the bottle, all over the dispenser in the washer and all over me? Hate. Method is just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. My email is larissajcook [at] gmail (dot) com.

      Delete
  10. Oh I'm gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw man, didn't realize i missed the 10 mark! just in case, though... jadiesingleton@gmail.com :)

      Delete
  11. I've never heard of Method, but I can't stand those huge jugs of detergent, and this post makes me want to check their detergent out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Need this like whoa. Two kids....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to trying this! I'm an inherited tide girl too. Would be happy for a change when that dumb huge jug is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this looks SO much more convenient! It even has the little high efficiency sticker, so I can actually use it in my washing machine! (For some reason, it's a bit of a hunt to find HE detergents)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always used dye free detergents, but I will have to try method.

    michele@shortgirllongisland.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Method products so much! I haven't tried the detergent yet so I'll make sure to pick some up soon!
    amysumner4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you read the ingredients for method products? They don't seem all that green if you ask me :(. You can read more about them on Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep site: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/company/method_products/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie!

      I actually feel like (after researching them a lot) they are quite green! I checked out the site you linked and I see where you are coming from though. If you have specific concerns I'd be more than happy to connect you with the method team so they can answer them! Let me know.

      And thank you for reading <3

      Delete
  18. I do SO much laundry all the time since I clean houses. This sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is so awesome!

    ps: LOVE the blog. i can't wait to read so much more! :)

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've got to try this! I really hope it solves my problems too. I had a repairman out to my house today cause my washer has been smelling like mildew and so have the towels, and guess what he told me? I'm using too much soap for an He washer! Ugh. Bye bye messy cup, hello Method pump! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm definitely going to buy this! I'm such a stingy person and the idea of the pump makes me super excited to waste less detergent!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. No matter how hard you try and keep that cap clean, it never happens. I love the idea of a pump!

    - Jessica V.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a tide kind of girl too. I'd love to try out Method!
    slice.of.life@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your kidding me! I am almost exclusively use all method cleaning products but I never ever thought to try out their laundry detergent. The reason being is because I thought that tiny bottle can not handle more than 10 loads of laundry and I I thought it was a waste of money. Im def going to pick up a bottle on my next Target run :-) I used to use Tide, but it makes my skin itch (super sensitive but I endured it because I LOVED the smell and I love how clean it gets my clothing) since Judah's been born we only use dreft in case his skin is just as sensitive as mine :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips