Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

Oh, Monday. I typically really love Mondays but today I'm dragging a bit. I got up early to get my cardio out of the way at the gym, then Henry and I went food shopping, and now all I want to do is nap! I'm one of those people though that can't sleep at night if they nap, so I know it's out of the question. Plus after being out of town for a few days there is way too much to do around here to "waste" one of Henry's naps sleeping myself. So here I am, counting on this bright screen and my ever-growing "summer" playlist on Spotify to keep me going until the little guys wakes up and we head out to tackle more to-dos.

This weekend was awesome. Saturday morning we walked up to the gym and had a great workout, then later one Hank and I headed out to Scottsdale to celebrate one of my best friends turning 30. We spent the day swimming at the beautiful Montelucia, and had a great night out with so many people we love, toasting to Shirley. Hank got a little crazy and even had a red bull! Haha! On a side (but related) note, can I say how nice it is to be around my oldest friends? I love new people, and new experiences, but there's something to be said about those friends who knew you "before" and "way back when." We all have so many amazing memories and funny stories between us, and when I'm with these girlfriends it just feels like home.

Sunday my family and I went to brunch, then spent all day swimming, sunning, and eating! I got to spend it all with my Mom (who is the best mother in the entire world), so my day was made from the start. Add in some pizza and chocolate covered strawberries, and it was better than anything I could have imagined. I'm still on Cloud 9.

Here are some photos (a mix of iPhone shots/my regular camera). And I hope all of you had the happiest of Mother's Days too!

Untitled-2 Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled-5 56265533-d72f-4df0-8abf-ff10b990cf10 Untitled Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Untitled-7 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Untitled-4 Untitled-6 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012 Mother's Day 2012

19 comments:

  1. What a fabulous weekend! I love hanks chest piece with your name on it. It's gorgeous and an amazing declaration of his love<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a beautiful weekend!
    henry is getting so big and looks so grown up. it must be so bizarre to see your little baby boy growing so much every day!
    happy belated mother's day danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a blast! Haha, I adore Henry's little smile; he cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy mother's day to you! my mom was out of town & it was the first time she was without kids on mothers day in 24 years. but we get to catch up this weekend, so it's ok :)

    love your bathing suit too! very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great trip, such fun. From Engagement Rings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy mother's day, looks like you made the most of the weekend. I love it when weekends feels like little vacations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like so much fun!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a particularly sweet set of photos!! The one of your grandma and henry is adorable among others :) And watch out for sunburns, Hank!! I had a beautiful mothers' day too, isn't it wonderful to have yet another oportunity to spend time with loved ones? Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet day! The picture of Henry walking, with his little man stance and muscles.. oh my goodness. Cracked me up!

    Sweet little family. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a sweet day! love all of these photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw, i love the one of henry and your gam looking at each other -- very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely day :)

    Zoe
    http://gypsiesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great Mother's Day Weekend!! I especially dug the pool time fun, chocolate covered strawberries, and the cute baby pics!

    Plus, this post makes me excited to come back home to Arizona from traveling abroad. If you have a sec, read my post about what I'm looking forward to in the summer! :) Take care, and looking forward to reading more!

    http://cathytrails.blogspot.fr/2012/05/this-summers-highs.html

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a perfect mothers day weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh hello, summer! Happy (belated) Mothers' Day to you, what a glorious time you seem to have had. Sunshine and smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely photos and looks like you guys had a great mothers day!!!!! Henry just looks so cute and happy!!!!!!!!!

    Marja,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh!! that dog is so cute in the water =D and that food looks so delicious! It looks like you had a great day in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look like so much fun! Henry looks like he loves the water. Also that strawberry is huge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips