Friday, June 29, 2012

4th of July Kiddie Parade

Every year our town has a 4th of July Kiddie Parade, and all of the kids and their parents get decked out to walk around the square. This was the 71st year of the parade, and Henry's Grandpa actually walked in it himself as a child, many years ago! Neat, right? This morning was Henry's very first time participating. He wasn't too into it- he was hot and cranky (as you can tell in the photos), but overall I think he had a good time looking at all of the neat sights and listening to the band. We walked with our friends, and pulled our little decorated wagon up and around the square. There were so many great floats and we are absolutely inspired to go a little over the top next year and WIN something! After the parade all of the participants met in front of the courthouse for awards and ice cream, and then we headed on home so little Henry could finally take his nap.

Tomorrow morning is the actual 4th of July parade, which is one of my very favorite days ever. I've said it before and I'll say it again- small town living isn't for everyone, but it sure is for me! Today was awesome.

4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012 4th of July Kiddie Parade 2012

21 comments:

  1. love it all! 4th of July is my fav. holiday! We also have a little parade in town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest parade I've ever seen! I've been wanting to get up to Prescott since we moved to AZ but we just haven't gotten around to it year, 2 years later haha. After seeing all of your photos I want to see it. It'd be nice to escape the heat in the valley too.

    have a great 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not American, so don't celebrate 4th July, but I love this! A chance for kids to be creative and patriotic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! Both you and Henry are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe :) So sweet. I think small towns are great! In my neighborhood growing up we would have a bike decorating competition. It was always so much fun. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Based upon all of your blog pictures, your town looks adorable. It seems so friendly and full of community events. I wish I lived in a small town like yours!

    Have a great weekend and a great time celebrating the 4th!

    PS: I love your dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I wish our village did something like this, I mean we have the regular parade, but a kiddie parade would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How festive. Thanks for showing the cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love downtown Prescott! And his tie? I die.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely not missing this next year - I was so sad I had to work through it!! Henry is, as always, crazy adorable and that wagon is amazing. So patriotic, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Danielle, you seriously make me want to pack up and move to this small town that you talk so greatly about!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable! We always have a kiddie parade in our neighborhood and you've given me some creative inspiration. :)

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww so awesome! i grew up in a small town and we had annual heritage day parades, where we essentially celebrated our small town.
    love your dress, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've lived in tons of small towns before, but none so cute as yours. You almost make me want to move back to Arizona! I'm glad y'all had fun, and Henry is super adorable in his little patriotic get-up. Super sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotta love celebration time :) Cute outfit!

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! What a wonderful family tradition that will become!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That last picture of Henry on the curb is just too much! Such a handsome little fella he is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just want to move to your cute little town!!! Here I am living in the capital area of the united states and we don't have a kiddy 4th of july parade! Henry is just adorable. I love this post Dani, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute idea! And great outfits! I love all that bling. So fun. One day I'll get back to a small town - it looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips