Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Best Kind of Saturday

This past weekend was wonderful. And it wasn't just Father's Day that made it so great- Saturday we had another fun family day that still has me smiling. It was our town's annual Tsunami on the Square, which is an all-ages, outdoor performing arts and culture festival. It's always so much fun and there is a ton to look at, which was great for Henry. There were people on stilts, people in costume, fire eaters, hula hoopers, and live music everywhere you turned. It was truly a visual treat for Henry, and he spent most of the day eyes wide, staring at everything around him. 

It's days like this that make me fall in love with this town all over again. When I was younger I always imagined myself living in a big city, people and culture and things to do at every turn. But I somehow ended up here, in this small town, and I couldn't imagine a better place to raise a family. It's not for everyone, but small town living is definitely for me.

Here are some photos from our day. And for those who asked on the last post and via Twitter, I use a Nikon D60 and almost always use my 35mm lens. I also tried out a friend's Photoshop action set on these images that I'll share more about later in the week. I might say this for awhile, but again, I am SO happy I'm been bringing my camera out and about. It makes me so much more excited to blog, and so much more inspired to stop and notice all the pretty little moments in life that are so easy to skim over. 

Here are some bits and pieces from our Saturday:
 
Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012 Tsunami on the Square 2012

30 comments:

  1. These pictures of you and Henry are so gorgeous! Such a beautiful family :)
    Amy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those toffee apples look amazing! And Henry looks too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a delightful day.

    Also I've just noticed that your small town festivals still look bigger than some of our city events here in NZ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Your family is beautiful.
    2. Small town living IS the best.
    3. That looks like a super fun time!
    4. Annnnd love your outfit.

    That is all :)

    xo,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you've had this question before, but where did you find Henry's adorable sandals?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! They are Saltwaters, and we got them from Nordstrom. You can also get them from mysaltwatersandals.com! :)

      Delete
  7. These photos are so gorgeous + you look so lovely in your pretty outfit! And I'm with you, love small towns!! My husband & I moved to one from the city and it's been so great. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are always dressed so cute!

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys make small town living look awesome!! We lived in a small town for a few years and I loved all the festivals and community events. It's so nice to know people around town and feel like you're a part of a big small town family. I definitely miss it sometimes. But only sometimes. :) My heart belongs to Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing all of your photos recently. And I must say, your town seems to do a really nice job of having a variety of things to do and see for being small. We live in St. Louis and there is a lot of diversity and many things to do, but I always find things to be so very crowded. Still fun, but often leaves me wishing for a smaller and simpler place to call home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, how fun! I never knew about this event. Wish I would have!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like such a fun event! And of course you are as stylish as always, and I love those pictures of Henry playing with both of his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you guys had a great time! fun!! and those caramel apples.....YUM!!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that second to last photo of henry hugging you is my favorite! so cute! and i love your top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tsunami on the Square is my favorite summertime festival! I've always had so much fun down there, and it's even better being able to take Kaetana now and see how she likes all the crazy things going on haha.
    It was also great running in to you - that Henry sure is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks so nice! i am so curious about your top, i have the same fabric but in a dress. i got it from a little boutique in downtown flagstaff. you can kind of see it here: http://allweneedisamor.blogspot.com/2012/06/hullabaloo.html i love it and i want to find more clothes like it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a perfect day - the very last image is particularly gorgeous, and the one of you hugging Henry is adorable!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. awh what beautiful photos! :) love those candy apples. you and the henries look so happy to boot!

    xo,
    meg

    ReplyDelete
  19. aw i def love looking at the pics you share!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. ok, I've started taking my camera everywhere too....i am on holiday in the UK afterall...albeit an extended holiday. Its been fun and I totally agree, makes blogging so much more fun!
    Love these pics today, I took some similar ones the other day...of everything and nothing much at all. SO MUCH FUN!
    Keep the pics coming, lady

    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Henry looks so much like your dad! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We drove up from Phoenix for the beer fest next door, but we did get to enjoy some time in the square. I was so excited to see a lady with two baby pot bellied pigs, and some teenagers selling some puppies (one of which I almost took home). Such a fun Saturday! :)
    xo Jac
    thesunshinedistrict.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your photos tell a sweet, sweet story. The candy apple shot is a good reminder to notice all the lovely things we usually walk right by :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. you are so beautiful! it's amazing. i'm addicted of reading your blog <3


    martasrarta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. that ponytail of yours is todiefor.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips