Friday, June 29, 2012

Currently.

Threads/Shine Project Bracelets

Loving: the Threads bracelets that Ashley from The Shine Project sent over for me (pictured above). They're so pretty and I've been wearing them almost non-stop for the past couple of days. They make me really happy, and they're even cooler because they're for a truly great cause. A little more about them via The Shine Project: Threads is a cause driven business that changes the future of at risk youth by employing them and instilling values of self reliance and hard work. They are paid fair wages for the bracelets they make, and in turn are able to pay their way through school. Many of Threads employees are first generation college students. Even beyond financial support, your belief in them is symbol of hope and trust that they can achieve what for so long seemed impossible. By purchasing Threads you are wearing more than just a bracelet, you are wearing change. You can buy your own bracelets here- my personal favorite is the neon yellow- so cute!

Reading: I'd like to say that this past week has been full of reading but every time I have a free moment to pick up a book I end up falling asleep and accidentally napping. It's terrible! It's my goal to get my sleeping back on track and go to bed earlier than 11. I wake up in the morning to work out even if I'm tired which is totally counterproductive to being healthy, so I need to just wind down with reading a lot earlier. This holiday weekend will be a little crazy but next week I'm hoping to stick to my goal of a no-later-then-11pm rule. Amber's in town though, so we'll see how that goes...and let's also note that the current time is 11:09pm. Oops.

Watching: The Bachelorette. If you are a regular reader of this blog you know I love this show, and this season has been great. I am so all about Jef- his personality reminds me a lot of Hank's and I think he is the cutest thing ever. Some of my Bachelorette-watching friends disagree that he'd be a great match for Emily but I totally think he would be! This Monday are the hometown dates and it's always my favorite episode of every season. Do you watch? Who is your pick for Ms. Maynard?

Anticipating: A couple of things. One, this weekend. It's our town's Frontier Days which is always such a great time. Henry walked in the Kiddie Parade this morning, and we have the big parade tomorrow morning. Later that night is the rodeo dance, and Sarah and Natalie are coming up to go out with my girlfriends up here. THEN Amber Joy gets into town, and is here for two weeks. So much fun!

Listening to: Right now I've been listening to a couple bands and songs NON-STOP, and they're all really different that it's almost weird. First of all, it's important to note that Hank detests country music. Detests it! I, on the other hand, happen to love it. I'm a pretty strange bird when it comes to music- I go from rap to country to classical all in the same playlist. I tell you this though because the other day Henry and I were playing in the living room listening to music and my current favorite country song came on (Springsteen by Eric Church) as Hank walked in the door from work. The look of disgust that came across his face was priceless. I of course had to turn it up and do a little two step around our kitchen island, and then turn on some Shania. Take that, country music hater! I don't know why I find it so funny that he dislikes it so much, but I do! I think his least favorite country song ever though would have to be that Country Girl Shake it for Me song by Luke Bryan. I get made fun of a lot for that one. But on a different musical note, I also have been listening to the band Such Gold all day, every day. They're a melodic hardcore band, and although I don't listen to much hardcore these days I absolutely love them. They're touring with Strung Out and The Swellers pretty soon and I can't wait to see them live for the first time.

Planning: My trip to NYC! I'm headed out that way in exactly 3 weeks to stay with Emily in Brooklyn, and I can't wait. She already has a million things planned for us to do both in BK and Manhattan, but we are both always open to suggestions. So if you have any must-dos, must-sees, etc. please let me know. I'd love it, actually!

Working on: being less irritable. Ugh, it pains me that I even have to work on that but it's true. Sometimes I can be so snippy with Hank for no reason and I hate it. Or I often find myself getting annoyed at people throughout the day. For instance today there was a woman in front of me at the grocery store who was taking so long to decide what book of stamps she wanted. I literally wanted to scream. And then I caught myself, thinking what the hell is wrong with ME?! When did I become so impatient and easily annoyed? So, I'm trying to just be a bit more light-hearted and stop focusing on weird things that I have no control over.

Wishing:
that all of you could join my girlfriends and me at the Rodeo Dance tomorrow night. It's seriously such a slice of Small Town, USA, and it's totally worth experiencing. If I remember I'll try to take some video with my iphone to share on Sunday!

How about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments for everyone to check out. And thanks again to my dear friend Megan for providing the original inspiration for these posts.

56 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there for your rodeo dance! We don't really have an equivalent that I can think off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the song Springsteen. My FH is the same way - I love country, he can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you go to new york, make sure you take a walk on the Highline. it was an abandoned elevated historic train track that the city was going to tear down, and a bunch of new york citizens, urban planners, and landscape architects came together to turn it into a public park, walkway with benches, and space for public art. it took nearly 10 years for it to happen, and now it is one of the most visited places in new york!

    http://www.thehighline.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHOO!! Country music!! So, that just made me love your blog that much more ( not that I didn't already absolutely adore it ). When you talked about being really irritable lately I can totally relate... I'm too trying to work on that. One thing that works for me is just trying to notice when I'm acting like a crazy person, close my eyes and breath ( which may make me look like a crazy person )... it helps. Love your currently posts and I hope you have a fun time with Sara, Natalie & Amber Joy!

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely ADORE Jef too! I think he would be a great match for her, a wonderful Dad, and I REALLY hope she chooses him. I'm so happy to hear I"m not the only one cheering for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE your watch -- so cute! marc jacobs = genius

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://cinnamonandspiceblog.blogspot.ca/2012/06/currently.html

    I did one today because I'm super bummed about everything so I thought it'd be a good way to talk about my miserableness through this type of post! So thanks :)

    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jef with one F. No thank you. He seems really pretentious and says "like" way too much for me. She is obviously going to pick Arie. She holds him to a higher standard and is crazy about him, literally. Besides that, I do think he is the right pick. He has been in a relationship with a woman that has had kids, so you know he's ready for that. I think if she chose Jef he would be the "wild card" like all too many of the bachelor and bachelorettes have done in the past and it wouldn't end well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that picture :)
    Here's mine: http://dailydoily.typepad.com/peaceloveandcupcakes/2012/06/currently.html
    I wrote about The Bachelorette too. I LOVE Jef! So hot, haha. I also like Arie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. make sure to hit up the brooklyn flea market and get a "people's pops" popsicle! they're gourmet and they change up the flavors all the time. the flea market is also so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wrote a currently post today: http://jessicaebersole.tumblr.com/post/26212331539/currently

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so wish I could be up there for the rodeo; next year! LOVE the threads too; I'll have to get me some. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Noguchi Museum in Astoria is a real gem! It's off the beaten path (not many people think of fine art when they hear "Astoria, Queens") but for lovers of mid-century modern, the mini-trek is totally worth it. They have an amazing permanent collection of Isamu Noguchi's artwork (I think people often forget that he wasn't just making furniture and lamps!), have great public programs, and amazing indoor and outdoor spaces (the sculpture garden is, especially beautiful).

    http://www.noguchi.org/

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's funny that you mention Such Gold, because I'm going to the guitarist's wedding today! My boyfriend grew up playing in a band with him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Currently for me: http://berriesandgraphite.blogspot.com/2012/06/currently.html

    But on to the bachelorette. Arie is the easy pick because they seem to have so much chemistry and such an authentic connection, but I can see where you are coming from with Jef. At first I felt like he was a bit too immature in that he was just at a different place in his life then what Emily needs, but now that he's been able to open up a bit more and they show them together more often I'm coming around to him. I'm still not too sure as a lot of time I feel like they spend a lot of time talking about what they want from another person or talking about the future, but not a lot of doing. That could also be from them getting off to a slower start and just being at a different point in their relationship, but who knows. We still have to catch up with this past episode on hulu though so who knows how I'll feel then. /end rambling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. such gold :) a really really great band!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I currentlied yesterday. http://jamieandsam.blogspot.com/2012/06/currently-i-am-lately-ive-been.html :)

    I have the same trouble with irritability. I tend to get really short with my husband and most of the time, I'm not even sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just wrote my first currently!

    http://littlebitsofgretch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay for your Brooklyn and NYC trip! What neighborhood are you staying in? The summer is such a fun time in the city. I recommend trying to catch one of the many free outdoor movies- http://www.nycgovparks.org/events/free_summer_movies
    They're always a blast, which reminds me, I have to get on that too! Can't wait to read your blog posts about your nyc trip!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i've been feeling the same way. i get so irritated or frustrated at my hubby and feel HORRIBLE afterwords. good to know i'm not alone :)
    **taking a deep breath so i don't regret my attitude later**
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. going to ocean city nj this weekend, visiting parents and it made me think of your post that had the picture of kohr's brother ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm going to NY in August, and I'm super excited! I also live in AZ, so it's a big trip :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this post! I'm an avid Bachelorette fan and Jef is just so sweet. I just hope she doesn't pick Arie.

    Also, a friend and I have a weekly currently link up every Thirsday. I'd love it if you could join in sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I totally get your being irritated, but don't want to be. Try Rescue Remedy from Bach's. You can get it at health food stores, it can take the edge off. Eric Church grew up with my husband's family, there is something about some of his songs you can't help but like. Love your blog!
    C-

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always love reading these! NY sounds exciting!
    http://roxovox.blogspot.com/2012/06/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I Love New York! I recommend the AMNH, Peanut Butter & Co restaurant, Union Square farmers market and the Sex Museum. I promise the latter was not at all seedy when I went!

    I also did a currently. Thanks :)
    http://checiarastakeonlife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this post, I always enjoy your Currently posts and then doing mine. Here's mine :)

    http://freeasabird215.blogspot.com/2012/07/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. I wish I could go to your Rodeo dance, too. What fun that sounds!!

    I can't help myself to not do my own Currently post each time I see yours. Thanks again for the inspiration. :)

    Here's mine: http://tabihappy.blogspot.com/2012/07/currently.html

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this post...I should do this on my blog. Also I am from Jersey City/New York City so if you need any suggestions, feel free to email me at danisuicidaphoto@aol.com. Would love to meet you too!

    XOXO,
    Danielle
    itisajoiseywayofthinking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. So fun!

    here is mine: http://malwarning.blogspot.com/2012/07/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm totally with you about weird music taste. I am the exact same way. And Springsteen is such a good song. So much love.

    Also Bachelorette - I think Jef is really sweet and a great guy but I'm still not sure about him and Emily. I was rooting for Sean until I saw the commercials AND HE STILL LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS. Like what. That ruined him. I honestly don't think she'll end up being with any of them in the future. She just annoys me haha

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just bought a bracelet for The Shine Project. Thanks for sharing such a great cause (yet again).

    PS. Been reading your blog for a few years now and I never can get enough! Love your outlook on life, your cute little family and those incredible writing skills.

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been reading yours & Megan's Currently posts and finally decided to give it a shot on my brand new blog! (I've just moved on from tumblr into the big world of blogspot.) Thanks so much for sharing & being such an inspiring blogger.

    Here's my post: http://praxsmiles.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your to cute! I love the shine project! I I heard about them a few months ago and really support what they do and believe in.

    Hometowns are tonight!!! My husband is even excited about it! Since we lost electricity this past weekend (we had one of the worst non hurricane storm ever in the DC area, 1.5 million people were with out power) but I lost track of time because we didn't have power. We do now and Scott reminded me last night that hometowns are today :-) At first I thought some of the other guys would be really great for emily but after that library date with Jef I thought they would be soooo cute together! Also I think Jef would be a great dad and I think he has some great family values also he wants kids now, I think deep down in emily's heart she wants kids like now and she just wants a strong knit family that she is just able to blend in with perfectly.

    I get snippy when I am overly hot, didn't have good sleep or am hungry. Like yesterday I found myself getting so upset with something who did something that was just wrong. After tweeting about it I walked up to my husband to discuss, then I thought Im tired because we had to co-sleep with Judah on a twin bed at Scotts moms house (they had electricity and Judah refused to sleep in his pack and play). I was hungry because I was so nervous this past weekend I barely ate and our house was finally starting to cool down. If I catch myself and go through my list of (am I tired,hungry hot ect) then I will know not to react and just take deep breaths before I say or do something or tweet about it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love these posts! I posted my own currently post this morning! http://perfectimperfectionsjournal.blogspot.com/2012/07/currently.html

    Also, I think the testy thing has to do with being a SAHM, you have so little time and are constantly worried about nap time, feeding time, moods, etc that any hold up could be monumental!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have the same problem with getting irritated if things aren't going the way that I want them to. Hopefully we can both learn to relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. You inspired me! Here's my wee 'currently' update: http://baroqueboudoir.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/about-bloomin-time.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ohmygoodness I totally agree with you, Jeff is my favorite bachelor by far! I am so annoyed with Ari and Chris, (Chris especially, what a whiner!) I'm super excited for tonight's episodes too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. So many suggestions for summer in my city of NYC! Walk the High Line in the evening and see the sunset on the Hudson. Or go at lunch after picking up some lunch inside Chelsea Market (Amy's Bread or the Lobster Place--both have awesome sandwiches). Check out some galleries while you are in Chelsea. Try a food truck if you spot one. If you are bringing the little one, there are children's parks all along the Hudson complete with water features to cool off. Go to the Union Square farmer's market on a Friday or Saturday. Take the staten island ferry across and back (for free!) to see the statue of liberty. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE CLOUDS EXHIBIT ON THE ROOF OF THE MET!!!!! It is literally unreal.

      Delete
  41. Whiskey Brooklyn is great. Wild Ginger is an amazing vegan restaurant. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I did a "Currently" post. I love these kinds of posts :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm jealous of your upcoming trip! I have no travel plans in my future. Boo!

    http://followk.blogspot.ca/2012/07/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is a very entertaining and informative blog. I'ma lready hooked reading it! I hope you continue posting more.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thank you for the inspiration! I had so many things i wanted to share this week, but wasn't sure how to get it all into one post. This was perfect! Thanks!

    http://headhigheartstrong.blogspot.kr/2012/07/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love these posts, so I had to join in!

    http://andkissyourelbow.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/currently.html

    Thanks for sharing and inspiring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love your bracelets and (as always) these posts. thanks Dani and Megan for the inspiration.

    http://www.sarastoff.com/2012/07/currently-712.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love this! Thank you so much for the inspiration and for allowing me to find some AWESOME bloggers through your comment section!

    I am so jealous of your NYC trip! I've been to New York once, Albany to be exact, for work. We went from the airport to the hotel for the convention and then back to the airport at the end of the trip. No traveling or sight seeing, but it was amazing! The whole atmosphere is different than anything I've ever experienced!
    That Rodeo Dance sounds fabulous! I wish we had something like that around here! We have a fireworks show around our town lake, but it's so crowded it's a 2 hour adventure trying to get out of the parking lot for a 10 min show! haha! I can't wait to read more of your blog posts! A fellow blogger sent your site to me and I am already in LOVE! You are fabulous!

    You can find my currently post here! Thanks again for the inspiration!
    http://hellolj.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/hello-current-me-july/

    ReplyDelete
  49. I recently found out about the carousel in Central Park - that was pretty awesome. I'd highly recommend a musical, if you've never seen one Phantom of the Opera is a pretty epic place to start, although Memphis is my current favorite. I've been in NYC for 6 weeks for work and my favorite place I've found to eat in Midtown is The Melt Shop - they make some pretty baller grilled cheeses. Oh! And we found a great rice pudding place called Rice to Riches. Have fun!!!

    PS. I keep deciding which bracelet I want to buy from Threads :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hi Danielle! I've been following your blog for quite a while now and I've been having alot of trouble coming up with ideas for my own blog and when I saw this post, it inspired me to write my own! It will now be a weekly feature every Saturday :) Thankyou so much for the inspiration!

    http://supergirlsometimes.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/currently.html

    I also follow you on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love your currently posts! Here's mine: http://whateverslovelyblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  52. Always love reading your currently posts! I finally got around to doing one. Here is the link: http://windandthewillow [DOT] blogspot [DOT] com/2012/07/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
  53. Oh! By the way,Megan's Tumblr link doesn't work. It says,"not found". Just in case you didn't know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Quality articles is the main to invite the viewers to go to
    see the website, that's what this website is providing.

    Here is my blog post: diet plans for women to lose weight fast for free

    ReplyDelete
  55. There is completely no hassle; there are no other points to do aside from placing it
    around your waist.

    my homepage: communitymi.progressleaders.org

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips