Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day in Flagstaff

This year for Father's Day I decided it would be fun to take Hank and Henry on a mini-road trip up to Flagstaff, to enjoy some of our favorite foods and a change of scenery. Flag will always hold a super special place in my heart, as I went to all four years of college there (and graduate school too!), so no matter when we go, it's always a great experience. Some of the best times of my life were spent in that little town, and every time I find myself making my way up that way on the I-17 my stomach flips a little, in the most excited way. Flagstaff is definitely my happy place, and I love that Hank adores it just as much as I do.

We got up bright and early this morning and arrived in Flagstaff around 9:30am. Our first stop was Hank's favorite coffee shop, Macy's. He got a coffee and we split a "birdseed" treat, which is really just a whole lot of nuts and seeds pressed into a peanut butter base. Delicious. We spent the rest of the day walking around, enjoying the crisp mountain air that is so similar to ours but yet somehow so different, and eating lots of yummy food. Our favorite Thai restaurant Dara Thai was closed today so we decided to eat at an old favorite, Pita Jungle. Henry loves hummus so we knew it was pretty foolproof, and we had a great meal.  We arrived home later in the evening, exhausted but so, so happy to have spent such a fun day together as a family.

Here are some photos, mainly from my regular camera and a couple little collages from my iPhone. And on a side/related note- it's only been two days of taking my camera out more places with us and I couldn't be happier. Nothing's better than pretty photos to capture such special memories!

Happy Father's Day!

Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff Father's Day 2012- Flagstaff

28 comments:

  1. Love the colours in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos have inspired me not only to get out of town and take my husband on a mini road trip but also to take my camera with me more places! Thanks Danielle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also really loving these colours! I searched but couldn't find the answer - Danielle, what camera do you use? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cait! I use a Nikon D60 with a 35mm 1.8 lens. I think that's what it's called...I'm kind of clueless! hahah.

      Delete
  4. I love these sorts of photos, really capturing the place. I would love to visit Arizona one day, but til then I'll live vicariously through your blog!! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! what a fun day trip! random question: where's your bag and dress from?? i love them both so much! happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Camille! :) My dress is from Forever 21 and my bag is from Nordstrom. It's by the brand Lulu from their BP section last year. <3

      Delete
  6. Wow, Flagstaff looks like such a cool place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful way to spend Father's Day! I want to visit Arizona so badly! I've only been to the southwest once and it was a sort of limited trip but I LOVED IT! I've tried on more than one occasion to convince my husband to move there sight unseen. Ha, it never works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe Henry's blond hair! He looks so grown up in these pix

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are all such great photos! So glad that you're trying to use your camera more. It looks like you guys had a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flagstaff looks beautiful! So glad you had a great weekend/Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're family is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like such a cool city :) I'm loving the photos + glad you brought out your camera. I've been trying to be better at that too. Looks like you had so much fun! ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  13. Henry is sooo precious! That smile of his could stop anyone in their tracks :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. how fun! love the photos! and i love your shades:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it. As a german I never heard of Flagstaff before, but it seems to be a lovely place. At least that's what you beautiful pictures suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Henry's hummus face! Will he eat it on things or just by itself? I have the pickiest 13 month old little boy who also likes hummus but will only eat it by the handful. Your food posts on what you give Henry are inspiring, if only mine would eat half as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These photos capture very nicely what looks like a great day! Well done :-) I have a question, though--do you know what those red flowers are called? They're gorgeous and I remember my partner and I saw them on a roadtrip and neither one of us knew. I think it's the ninth one from the bottom? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love seeing flagstaff through another person's eyes! funny, but my husband and i love to escape from flagstaff to prescott! the thrifting, the trader joes, the courthouse... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Flagstaff looks pretty awesome! Love your flowers hots, especially the poker-type ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww, that looks amazing!


    Christen :>
    www.anunordinaryhello.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You guys are such an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw, my even older home! That silhouette and group of oldtimey portraits weren't there when I lived there, at least not that I knew about. Where is that wall?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your watch is stunning! Who makes it?

    ReplyDelete
  24. such a great town! i haven't been there in ages. it's nice to see some pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE Flagstaff too and it will always hold great memories for me as well. I traveled there during a tough time in my life all by myself and made the best memories. It's a great little town indeed!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips