Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Our Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend

This past weekend was the end of our birthday/anniversary celebrations, which always makes me half sad and half relieved. May and the beginning of June is the craziest time of the year for us. In just one week we have my birthday, Hank's, and our anniversary, along with the birthdays of a couple close friends throughout the month so it's pretty jam-packed with events and things to do.

This year was a little crazier than usual with my 30th birthday, and then this past weekend we also decided to do a little staycation of our own down in Phoenix. We chose to stay at the Scottsdale Hyatt. Neither of us had been there before, but at the advice of a friend and a million positive reviews on hotels.com we decided to just try it out. Hank and I are always in a weird bracket when choosing hotels for things like this because we don't drink (he never, me rarely) or want to be around people partying at the pool, but at the same time we don't want to go to a resort crawling with kids when we're trying to do our own thing. We thought the Hyatt was a perfect "in between." They had an adults-only pool, in addition to acres of others pools, fountains, hot tubs, a sand beach, and even water slides. Neither the hotel or the pool was crowded, which was a nice surprise since the last few places we've stayed at were full to the brim, even to the point of having no chairs available at the pool.

We spent Friday swimming and sunning and had a great time relaxing. Later that night we had our anniversary dinner at Le Grande Orange, which was amazing (when I die, bury me with their roasted corn pizza). With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, there are few things I treasure more than a long, leisurely dinner with Hank, and I was so grateful my parents watched Henry that night so we could have so much "us" time.

The next day we spent the morning shopping and I got to use some of my birthday giftcards. I got a few things at Lululemon (my favorite) and we grabbed breakfast at Counter before heading home to my parents. The rest of the day was full of family time- we made a Bahama Bucks run, then laid low the rest of the night watching basketball.

Sunday was Hank's belated celebration at my parents', so in their true fashion they made a huge deal, and of course got a huge cake for the sweet-toothed birthday boy. We spent the afternoon swimming and it was really just a great end to a great weekend.

Here are some pictures- all from my iphone because I just can't bear to bring my nice camera out and about to the pool and to dinner. It's so much easier to just snap a few photos with my phone and get those awesome mirror shots (I kid). I sometimes get sad I don't have super nice photos of times that are so special to me, but these little pictures make me happy too. About half of these were posted to IG, so if you're seeing double, that's why! 

Untitled Untitled Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Untitled Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Untitled Untitled Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Untitled Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend Untitled Anniversary/Hank's Birthday Weekend

50 comments:

  1. I am totally jealous of your "stay-cation." Despite having gone on a lovely anniversary trip myself just a few months ago, I already feel like we're in need of another getaway!

    Also, that long, floral dress looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! And yes, you should get away! Treat yourselves ;)

      Delete
  2. You have been making me CRAVE a pool day, haha or any day by some water. I don't think there's anywhere around here to have a cool "stay-cation". I think we may go to the lake this weekend so I'm super excited ;) I am debating whether or not to bring my nice camera too. I'm afraid to bring it around water + I feel goofy bringing it out at restaurants haha. Oh well ♥ You still got some fun pictures. Thank goodness for instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I crave lake time! I love lakes, oceans, etc. Have so much fun!

      <3

      Delete
  3. Sounds like such a fun trip! I love your cover-up.

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday & anniversary wishes, it looks as though you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like such an awesome time!! happy celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am obsessed with your dress/cover up! It's amazing! Glad you had such a wonderful staycation with your love! Happy anniversary and here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a lovely weekend :)And I love your cover up & nail polish :) I think I already shared that with you on IG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the absolute cutest. Blog posts from you make me so happy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great weekend! I'm glad the hotel worked out well - it looks really relaxed there.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you had to choose between the Hyatt Scottsdale or Hotel Valley Ho for an anniversary getaway, which would you choose? (My husband and I are looking into those for our anniversary and we are the same as you guys..no partying, not many kids) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tara!

      I have stayed the Valley Ho numerous times, but for girl's getaway weekends that were a little more "wild." Their pool can get a bit crazy and it's definitely more of a party hotel! I'd definitely recommend the Hyatt Scottsdale if you guys are like us! :) If you decide to go, let me know what you think!

      Have the best time my dear!

      xoxo
      Dani

      Delete
    2. We went with the Hyatt - can't wait for next weekend! Any restaurant suggestions are welcome :)

      Thank you for visiting my blog- I know it's not much haha. I am more of a reader!

      Delete
  11. wow! that looks and sounds like the perfect weekend! Family and great private time. amazing. also- your long strapless floral dress looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the coverup! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy! It's actually from Forever 21 - from their Love 21 line! :)

      Delete
  13. looks like some great celebrations! did i ever mention my husband lived in Scottsdale for a short period of time? he was in management at The Boulders Resort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I had no idea! That's awesome - it's such a great area. The heat kind of gets to me in the summer but overall I love it.

      Delete
  14. Looks like an awesome and relaxing time! I'm glad y'all were able to have such wonderful celebrations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that looks like such a fun time!!!! yay!! :D And that dress is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like you guys had a great time! Very cute dress, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay! we celebrated our anniversary this weekend too -- but in chicago! :)

    you look gorgeous, lady!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. that swim coverup is stunning! where did you find it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It's actually from Forever 21 - from their Love 21 line! <3

      Delete
  19. Happy birthday to the both of you- AND happy anniversary! You looked darling in your beautiful dresses, and it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What fun! We're the same way in April/May: 7 birthdays, Easter and Mother's Day all in 6 weeks time! Whew! Looks like your hotel was quite lovely...as is your sweet little bee dress :-). Just found your blog for the first time today, and sure had a fun time looking around. Nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you had a fantastic weekend! Your gorgeous
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a fantastic time. happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I absolutely adore your dress/cover up-- it's fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your cover-up! looks like an amazing weekend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  25. aw, it looks like you had a great birthday/anniversary weekend! that pup is so stinkin' cute!! and that ice cream looks gooood! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. it all looks so fun -- and you look so happy : ) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy anniversary!

    Do I spy a bouncy castle at the Hyatt? I must go there right now and pretend I'm about 4, haha. The hotel looks gorgeous, I'm glad you guys had a great time there. :)

    The photo of Madeline is too much!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How lovely!! :D

    Val
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh my God, I want that huge Oreo cake for my next birthday!
    I'm glad you had a nice trip, the pictures are wonderful - you have such a sweet little family :)
    and usually I don't like maxi dresses very much but your black one with the flowers on it looks amazing!

    I get the problem with choosing a location though.. my fiancé and I are the same, we don't drink (he never, me rarely ;)) but it seems other people have never learned how to have fun without partying and drinking like crazy, that makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Totally jealous of all the fun!! Especially the non-baby, adults only getaway.
    Also, how cute are your parents?! And your dad is a silver fox! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A silver fox?! Hehe! I love that. I'll have to tell him.

      Delete
  31. WHERE did you get that coverup? It is so amazing! Is it vintage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not vintage! It's from Forever 21 - from their Love 21 line! :)

      Delete
  32. What a lovely weekend!! Like the others, I am in LOVE with your blue dress / cover up. I'd love to know where you found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! It's from Forever 21- from their Love 21 line. <3

      Delete
  33. I love the photos! It looks like you guys had an excellent time!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It looks like you had such a great time!

    The picture of you kissing the lemon is super adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So cute! I love all of these photos, and especially love your bumble bee dress!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great pictures. Also - this roasted corn pizza you speak of sounds incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  37. that pizza looks delicious and your dog IS SO CUTE!!!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow!it seems that they really had an awesome stay cation. This weekend get away post reminds me of my parents love story. Big thanks for this and I really love it. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips