Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Silly, Giggling, Toddler Wonderfulness

Good morning Henry

Before becoming a Mom, I was always an early riser. An early riser, but a slow early riser. I enjoyed my quiet mornings to myself, going to the gym then sipping tea and eating breakfast, checking my favorite blogs and sites and starting my day off slowly. But now, the mornings come upon us quickly, with a "Da-Da-Daaaaa!" or a "Ma-Ma-Maaaaa!" from across the house, blaring through the monitor. "Up! Up! UP!" And our little one is awake and up and ready for his day to begin. There is no leisurely time spent in bed post-workout shower, but there is that first moment when I open Henry's door and I get to enjoy my favorite part of the whole day- that good morning smile and the messiest bed head, arms outstretched for hugs and kisses.

Our little guy is a monkey- always in things, on things, figuring out how to move the heaviest things. He is go-go-go from the minute he wakes up and most of our mornings are a whirlwind of activity and excitement. We have quiet moments too though; reading books as the first morning sunlight streams in through the windows, building blocks and towers together, or just sitting for a bit and listening to the birds chirp outside.

So many times during our days I'll stop in wonder at this wild, spirited boy, this determined little headstrong fellow, and I'll think to myself: he is ours. I've said this numerous times here, but it's still amazing to me that I grew this little human inside my body, and as I watch him grow and grow into more boy than baby, I am continuously blown away with every new step and phase. I'm sure I'll be saying this as I watch Henry get bigger and bigger, changing and becoming who he will be, but for now I'm focusing on this squirmy, bed-headed wild little year-and-a-half-old boy who is all ours in all of his silly, giggling, toddler wonderfulness.

Good morning Henry Good morning Henry Good morning Henry Good morning Henry Good morning Henry Good morning Henry Good morning Henry Good morning Henry Good morning Henry

24 comments:

  1. Yes, that IS The best bedhead I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove these pictures. Seeing my nephew grow up these last 8 months has been so amazing, I can only imagine how I'll feel as a mother after growing the baby myself! It's such a miracle and so amazing to see these little monsters get bigger and learn new things every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little boy is the same way! It's go, go, go from the moment his eyes open! I wouldn't have it any other way, though. They're just curious about the world around them and they enjoy every second of it. That's the best way to live life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO adorable!! oh my gosh his hair is so cute!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his wispy hair! He's so adorable, danielle! Such a little miracle and just the perfect pieces of you and Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE his crazy hair and adorable smile!!! Makes me excited for my little one to come in Oct.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate to this post COMPLETELY. Only, I was never a morning person...but now I am and it's great! And I do the same thing. Just stare at my son in awe that I kinda made that tiny person. I'll probably still be in awe when he's thirty ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's such a cutie and I love his messy bed head! These photos show off how colorful and fun his world looks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is going to be quite the heartbreaker someday with that hair and smile combined! You are such a fabulous mom Danielle, thanks for sharing your family life so candidly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is truly amazing that we make these little people in our body and then they go off and learn how to live in this world with out help! Such cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is certainly the best bed-head I have ever seen, how cute is he! Jacob x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww! Agree with so many - most amazing bed-head!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He is so adorable, Dani! Those cheeks always kill me, as does the bed-head. It's like someone plugged him into an outlet and charged it up (literally up!). :D The toddler age is one of my absolute favourites, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that second photo was meant to be framed - he's the sweetest boy, Danielle! his smile is contagious. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. So precious. He sure is a happy birthday. Quick question...Where did you buy those awesome curtains? Thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  16. *BABY, haha but that was funny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable. totally can feel u. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable!
    The motion in the last picture is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is such a ham! :) My ovaries are screaming, I can't wait until we're ready to have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That crazy hair and sweet little smile is just adorable :)

    Zoe
    http://gypsiesister.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. These pictures make me smile! That's one happy kid!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're pretty right about the hair. And the kid's got a great smile.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips