Thursday, June 28, 2012

Want to be a part of Literate & Stylish?


Everything is more fun when EVERYONE can join in, so I wanted to extend an invite to all of you to submit for my Literate & Stylish series. You'll be submitting the actual post I'll put up, and here's what I'd need from you:

1. Email your post to sometimessweetblog@gmail.com. Please put L&S in the subject area.

2. There are three parts to your submission:
  •  Be sure to include your name and blog name in the beginning of the email. If you don't have a blog you can include anything you'd like - your website, twitter name, instagram name, etc.
  • a well-written paragraph or two talking about your favorite book, and why it means so much to you. You can give a very short synopsis so readers can get the main idea (no spoilers please), but the bulk of your writing should include why you love it so much/what it's brought to your life. 
  • 4-5 photos I can choose from. These need to be high-quality, high-res photos (no iPhone pics, please) that show you with your favorite book. You can check out previous L&S posts for inspiration, but you should have your book in the photos with you. I'd love for these pictures to show off your favorite outfit so we can get a good idea of your personal style. Wear something you enjoy, and feel free to get creative with it as far as location, etc. Think library, park, a favorite nook in your home, wherever you want!
Please send your text in the body of the email, and attach the photos. There's no rush or deadline. Just keep in mind that the point of this feature is to share beautiful photos, showing off you, your favorite book, and your personal style. I'm just so excited to see what you all come up with, and so excited to feature some new friends in this space.

So, are you going to submit?

photo courtesy of Diana from Our City Lights, who was my very first Literate & Stylish feature.

28 comments:

  1. Yay, I was hoping for this!
    I know what we are doing this weekend. Literary photoshoot! Fun and Free :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have been wanting to submit to this. Now I just need to take some pics of me + my fave book....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! Soon as we get a chance for photos, I'll be submitting {love the feature btw}

    http://aclosetintellectual.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I will be taking some photographs this weekend :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was hoping we'd be able to submit! I think I'll be submitting myself, I'm just not sure when. Thanks for extending the invite to everyone! It makes me really excited! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fun! I think I'm going to submit! Thanks for letting your readers join in on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes! i want to submit. i love books and this series is a great one. thank you Danielle for hosting it, and let us be a part of it

    ReplyDelete
  8. loooving this and will do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I'm very excited! I might be able to do this over the weekend if the weather is good! I'd love to be a part of it.

    Thank you!
    - Christen :> www.anunordinaryhello.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm going to have to do this at some point in the very near future! The issue going to be choosing which of my top 2 to share, haha.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I love this feature! :) better get my camera and kindle ready!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! So excited about this! Just went out and took some photos!
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is one of my favourite features on your blog - love finding out other people's best books. Will have to start practising poses... haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES! My favourite book has been read so much that the cover is almost off so I will probably need a new copy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad to see this is going to be a very regular feature, I love it! Now, how does anyone actually choose a favorite book! So hard.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Awards and I also nominated you on my blog, feel free to check it out or ignore, I just like taking the chance to share blogs I enjoy reading, like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Me! I love reading, this will be fun. Now to choose a book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to share my favorite book with others. I don't consider myself very stylish though, not like the women featured so far anyway. Maybe I'll aim to make a nice outfit just for this feature. The photographing bit is going to be hard, as I'm usually the photographer, but at least I have a tripod!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love to do this. .I wanna join :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for extending this to everyone -- even lurkers like me! Perfect opportunity for finally coming out of the woodwork. I look forward to sending in a submission soon, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My best friend recommended the Glass Castle to me but I never got around to reading it. I'll definitely submit something though :P

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh! I have loved this series since you've started it and I will absolutely be submitting a post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This feature is great! I pointed this out to my friend and we're planning a little photoshoot week after next so that we can both submit a post! I'm excited to do it, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to pick a favorite book!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a lovely idea! I love these posts. I'm so excited to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips