Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July Parade

This Saturday was our town's 4th of July Parade. Every year we watch from Hank's Dad's place, and it's always a good time. Tons of our friends and family stop by to enjoy hot dogs and snacks and wave an American flag or two at the parade, which begins right in front of the house.  There are a few special weekends that I always look forward to, and this is definitely one of them. Later that evening Sarah and Natalie came up and we met some of my local girlfriends for dinner and then headed to the Rodeo Dance. I'll talk more about this in a later post, but we had the BEST night. Country music, two-stepping, and lots of laughter. Happy 4th of July!

*I used my friend Mandi's Photoshop Actions in this post. Check them out here- I'm loving them!

4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 20124th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012 4th of July Parade 2012

22 comments:

  1. aww these pictures are precious! how fun!
    ~ www.Tinacious.Me ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It was a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. So cute ! Looks like you had fun ! All these kids are very sweets !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures. 4th of July is probably one of my favorite holidays. You look great. Did you get that red and blue polka dot shirt at Forever 21?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did! I almost bought it so many times, and I'm so glad I finally did. It's really comfy. :)

      Delete
  4. Cute sunglasses :) And your son looks so adorable with his pinwheel!

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my town's parade when I was younger. Whenever you won for softball you were on a float and it was always the hottest day ever, I think all of us melted during the parade through town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the photo of all the older people under the canopy... all waving their flags!! It's so sweet. It looks like it could be right out of Robert Frank's The Americans

    ReplyDelete
  8. as always, beautiful photos with your family and friends! i love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you guys had a really wonderful time! All these pictures are really wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think i need your friend's maxi dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The trees in the second photo -- WOW! I love them. Great pics of your holiday celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great day! It looks so fun! I wish they had something like this where I live :)

    Sapir @ smellthewildflowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like the perfect little day of 4th of July fun!

    Rachel
    Hardinghappenings.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your town looks like such a great place to live. Beautiful pictures:-) happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you everyone for all the sweet comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The photo of Henry & your parents is absolutely PRECIOUS! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how fun! The parade on 4th of July is one of my favorite childhood memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That white house is just fantastic and I adore seeing everyone in their festive best! You all look so great! I love 4th of July! I hope you had a fabulous one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the patriotism. Look at all of those red, white, and blue outfits!! Also - what a clutch place to be able to hang out, the very beginning of the parade. Perfect! Sounds like you had a blast - and those pictures are INCREDIBLE.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips