Monday, July 16, 2012

Hour of the Wolf

Untitled

So for those who don't know, Hank is a musician. He used to be a full-time touring musician for his band Life in Pictures (click to the link to listen to them on iTunes) where he did the vocals. We actually met during this time and we spent many months apart as he played shows all over the country. It was a lot of fun going out to meet him and watching him and our friends gets crazy on the stage! Later on they decided to focus on their second band, Hour of the Wolf, and they toured for awhile too. HOTW has a much different sound- a lot more rock and roll- and I really enjoy their music. As the guys have gotten older and gone onto different parts of their lives, they aren't able to play together as much, but this week they are leaving for their first tour in a year. I'm so excited for Hank and for all the fun he'll have, and if you're in Arizona I wanted to invite you out to see them play. It's at the Underground, which is in the old Nile Theater.

If you aren't in Arizona, you can check them out on 7/20 in Escondido, CA at The Metaphor, on 7/21 in Fullerton, CA at The Slidebar, and on 7/22 in Santa Barbara, CA at Sound and Fury Fest. Visit their label for more info!

Hope to see you there. xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I wish I could attend Sound and Fury 2012. I've your husband's band last winter but I believe your husband was staying home with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the joys of having a touring hubby! I am always so happy for Luke (my husband) when he gets to go out on tour and play music, but it's bittersweet because I miss him so much. (Well, it takes a few days for the "missing" to begin, let's be real.) Glad to see that it seems to be a quick little tour so he won't be gone for too long! Plus you've got Hank lil' mini-me to keep you company, right? Too bad I'm not in CA anymore! It would have been fun to do a road trip and catch his band!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life in Pictures was actually my very first show, and I went to HOTW every time they played in town - definitely a teenage staple of mine! I was planning to go to the Flagstaff show, but can't get the time off work to go to Mesa. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and I will be at sound and fury. My bfs band is playing Sunday. Are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds awesome! Wish I was in Arizona. I'll have to settle for iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. The Nile. That was way back when...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I miss watching my hubby play shows :( Totally in his element when he's behind his kit, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! My husband and I are in a metal/hard rock band together. I sing, he plays drums. If HOTW needs a show in Las Vegas let me know. www.facebook.com/bipolarmetal

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely understand this. I am just about to marry my wonderful fiance who is in a very successful band. I will be moving to America so that we can get married, and have experienced him being on tour for most of the year, all years I've known him. When I was in America for a few months he was on tour, and at the moment I am stuck in the UK (waiting for visa stuff) while he is in the middle of yet another tour. It can get a bit testing at times, but when I get to go along on the tourbus for a bit it's the most fun and to see crowd reaction is amazing, makes me so very proud.

    I'm happy he has got to go and do something he loves again! I don't think that passion ever dies!

    I also hope that you enjoy a little time without him before it starts getting :(

    Xxxxx

    www.fleurst-rate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips