Thursday, July 12, 2012

Literate & Stylish with Amy from Sixth of April

LS
The premise of Literate & Stylish is simple, and the post is short but sweet- every Thursday I'll be showcasing a lovely lady and her favorite book. She'll share a few pretty photos showing off her personal style, along with her book of choice, and tell us why she loves it. 


from Amy of Sixth of April

The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman

The Lost Wife is the best book I've read in a long time. Hands down. No question. It's not often that you come across a book that sticks with you even weeks after finishing it. Without giving too much away, The Lost Wife is a beautifully written story about two young lovers whose dreams are shattered by the Nazi invasion of WWII.  It is a painful, compelling, romantic, and heartbreaking love story that spans over 60 years and is a sweet reminder that true love never dies. I can't say enough wonderful things about this book and have already recommended it to my mom and good friend, who loved it as well. Go read it and let me know what you think!


see previous Literate & Stylish posts here.

10 comments:

  1. I love, LOVE a good heart-breaking romance! My favourite book is one too.I will give this one a read.

    Also the green is just great with her hair,

    www.fleurst-rate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a great book! I love romance! And her skirt is soooo cute!
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of this book but it is totally my "type" of book. Thanks for the rec, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great. And what a beautiful dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya'll are way too sweet! I hope you enjoy the book! And thanks for having me Dani. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to get this book! It sounds like it has great potential.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these posts! I have a chapters gift card to burn and I think I'll pick this one up - looks like my type of book too. Thanks Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book really sticks with a person even long time after finishing it. I can prove with. Everyday, when I make my bed, I think of Lenka´s mother and how she dyed a pillowcase in a blend of water and coffee to take with her in a concentration camp. There´re more heartbreaking passages in the book. Sadly, hard times create most touching stories if a talented storywriter like Alyson Richman makes them alive for us. The book is also very educational. I wish the story would reach to the Czech students and readers all around the world. Olga from the Czech Republic, P.S. I love the dress and cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! Sounds like something I would LOVE to read! I'll definitely look into picking this book up soon.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips