Friday, July 20, 2012

Weekend Links

Henry's hair this morning

Henry's hair yesterday morning was all sorts of awesome! Bowie? Flock of Seagulls? You decide.

Happy weekend! It's definitely a happy one over here...this morning I am headed to NYC to spend a few days with one of my dearest friends Emily. Em and I have been friends for almost a decade now and we met many moons ago when we were barely twenty, going to hardcore shows and running around without a care in the world. It's so fun to think back to those days, and even more fun that we've managed to make so many amazing memories since.

And before I go, I wanted to say thank you all so much for the awesome questions you asked in my VLOG post! I'm hoping to finally record part one sometime in the next couple of weeks. 

----------

Chicken Nuggets and Family Values. A must-read for anyone. Thank you Melissa for the link on FB.

Have you visited Hooray for Everything yet? Such an awesome new blog.

GroopDealz emailed me to let me know about an awesome promotion they're doing. You know those awesome J.Crew bib necklaces? How about one for $19.99? Awesome, right? I personally like the turquoise and mustard yellow ones best. Be sure to check out there other items too.

deal_1446

I really enjoyed Lindsay's post on her family's trip to CA over on Pollen and Salt.

I've been loving Lesley's Healthy Pregnancy series. This one is great.

Zucchini Bread. My favorite!

I spent awhile last night catching up on one of my favorite blogs.

I am enjoying Ashley's "motherhood" adventures. She's the cutest!

Still loving my Jux.

Vegan, super-healthy sweet potato-cauliflower soup.

I almost always link a Tiny Buddha article here, but for good reason! This one is great too- all about living a less-limited life.

So many cute totes.

Tell me, how is it that I've never had a grilled peach?

A great summer reading list from one of my readers. Thanks for sharing this with me, Amy!

What a simple, beautiful post over on Missi's blog.

One of my sponsors, The Sunglasses Shop, is offering 10% off your first order.

And speaking of sponsors, have you checked out Beauty & the Feast? If you're hungry, maybe wait awhile!

Toasted coconut milkshakes! Oh my.

What is your acne telling you?

And finally, I've been trying to visit some of my readers' blog from my comments every single day! Here are a few of them: one, two, and three. A big thank you to all of you who take time out of your day to read Sometimes Sweet! I love you.

Have a great weekend!

25 comments:

  1. So cute :)
    wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute!! xx

    ps. Want to join our site uniting all bloggers?
    http://themblogideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i made grilled peaches earlier this week from a similar recipe to the one you posted. at first i was skeptical but they turned out SO delicious! next time i'm making them for dessert with ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these links. I'm off to check them out!

    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your weekend links! Can't wait to check them out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never actually had grilled peaches either! think it's time to fix that.

    and thanks for sharing my link!!

    Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. my father in law made grilled peaches for us a few months ago, and i couldn't get over how amazing they were!

    and henry's hair....dance, dance magic, dance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great links as always! Today is grocery day and now I've scrapped my list and am trying to decide which recipe ingredients to squish into our budget! The milkshake and soup are winning...

    ReplyDelete
  9. apparently my acne is telling me a lot of varied things. that was helpful and yet completely unnerving.

    i love henry's amazing hair. he doesn't even know how cool he is yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the links! I'm so honored that you have read my blog :) Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and a great time in NYC.

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh Henry's hair is too stinkin' cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, thank you for the great links! I always enjoy browsing through them!

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVED the what your acne is telling you link :) Thanks! And...as always I can't wait to check out the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. he is darling! thank you so much for the shout-out dani! you da bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eek! My heart jumped bit when I saw my link pop up! Blushing! Thank you for sharing <3 That picture of Henry is killer. Baby bedhead is the best! Loving your links as always.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh! Gotta love those sleepy morning eyes and crazy hair. :) My wee one has some curls that go every which way when she wakes up. And Hooray For Everything, um, so cool!

    maelivefree.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow... so many great links! I will check them out this weekend, that's for sure. LOVE your blog and the picture is adorable. Best wishes from the Netherlands, xMM

    ***
    http://martinemussies.nl/web/in-english/this-week-in-pictures/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you again for some great weekend links!
    I fell in love with Harper's Happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoa! That's my blog! Thanks for the shout out! Love Henry's crazy hair! My little guy is 6 months old and is just starting to grow his own crazy bed head hair. My favorite is right after a bath when it's all fuzzy and sticking straight up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh, it really bothers me to see so many people saying that because someone adheres to a certain definition of marriage, that they are hateful, and that anything they say about it is hateful. That's such an awful label to pin on someone for professing their beliefs. People have the right to support groups they want to, just as customers have the right to boycot that business to show their disapproval. But can we puh-lease leave the hate labeling out of it?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just went peach picking yesterday & I am SO excited to try grilling them! YUM! We also bought some fresh honey (blueberry honey! The bees pollenate blueberry trees/bushes so the honey is a little bit different!) and so that recipe is just perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love love love your weekend links! How have I never heard of Jux before? Do you like it? Do you gear it toward a different audience?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips